Jackson Released

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
DarthMonk

Jackson Released

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:56 am

Not that we're going after him ...

1niksder wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Any chance we go after Tavaris Jackson as a cheap, talented, and fast backup who'd be dangerous in the pistol?

Nope

Bills released QB Tarvaris Jackson.The Bills start minicamp Tuesday, so they obviously want Kevin Kolb and rookie E.J. Manuel taking all the reps. Jackson took the first snap from center at OTAs, but was never a realistic option to start. Jackson was re-signed to a one-year, $2.25 million contract in February, but only $500,000 of it was guaranteed. He becomes the best quarterback on the free-agent market. A Seattle reunion would make a ton of sense if "T-Jack" is willing to back up Russell Wilson.
Jun 10 - 7:05 PM
Source: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter

PS - That was a nice way to make half a million dollars, huh?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:05 am

No Darth its not happening. :D

Thank goodness Tavaris is not on this team.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:00 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:No Darth its not happening. :D

Thank goodness Tavaris is not on this team.

Golly I'm heartbroken. [/sarcasm]

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:07 pm

I hate the Seahawks.

I posted this in a different thread weeks ago, got misrepresented, whence I clarified, and then basically gave up.

DarthMonk wrote:Any chance we go after Tavaris Jackson as a cheap, talented, and fast backup who'd be dangerous in the pistol?

I hate the Seahawks. But after all the back and forth I find myself becoming a TJ fan:

Tarvaris Jackson Endears Himself to Seahawks Teammates

Excerpts:

The guts. That’s what they remember most. His teammates all have slightly different names for it. Character, some say. Or unselfishness. Or sacrifice.

But Jackson, 30, is revered in the locker room because of the way he handled himself in 2011. The way he stood in the frying pan and didn’t get scrambled. The way he fell on the sword when things didn’t go well. The way he played through pain when other guys might not have been able or willing to.

Link:

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... 28xml.html

One more time for the record ... I think Rex has more value for us as a 3rd QB than TJ but I'm with LPJ in that I'd much prefer having TJ in camp than having Pat White. I still hope White shows enough to help us somehow.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:17 am

DarthMonk wrote:but I'm with LPJ in that I'd much prefer having TJ in camp than having Pat White..

SHOUTOUT TO LPJ, REAL COOL DUDE!!!

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Postby rcjur » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Is Jackson reinstated yet? Once he is Skins should bring him back ASAP. Help this sorry secondary.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:33 pm

^you DO realize that this thread is about TAVARIS Jackson, right?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Countertrey wrote:^you DO realize that this thread is about TAVARIS Jackson, right?

It could be about Andrew Jackson as much as it matters to a troll.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:24 am

DarthMonk wrote:I hate the Seahawks.

I posted this in a different thread weeks ago, got misrepresented, whence I clarified, and then basically gave up.

I hate the Seahawks. But after all the back and forth I find myself becoming a TJ fan:

Tarvaris Jackson Endears Himself to Seahawks Teammates

Excerpts:

The guts. That’s what they remember most. His teammates all have slightly different names for it. Character, some say. Or unselfishness. Or sacrifice.

But Jackson, 30, is revered in the locker room because of the way he handled himself in 2011. The way he stood in the frying pan and didn’t get scrambled. The way he fell on the sword when things didn’t go well. The way he played through pain when other guys might not have been able or willing to.

Link:

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... 28xml.html

One more time for the record ... I think Rex has more value for us as a 3rd QB than TJ but I'm with LPJ in that I'd much prefer having TJ in camp than having Pat White. I still hope White shows enough to help us somehow.

I have to apologize for my past comments about Jackson. The whole time I had him mixed up with Quincy Carter. You remember Quincy Carter who played for the pukes a couple years back? Anyhow Tavaris isnt too bad hed be a solid third string QB. I actually think Pat White would of been a good third string QB as well.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to General Manager's Office