RGIII at #15 on top 100 of 2013

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

RGIII at #15 on top 100 of 2013

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:29 pm

So RG Jr. Jr. is about to be revealed as #15 on the list (top spot ever for a rookie or a Heisman Trophy winner). Too low? Too high? What say you?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 pm

I think he scares the crap out of a lot of NFL players... Too High? We'll see if the league's defenses catch up... that will tell the tale... though, frankly, I think he's going to learn a lot about working from the pocket this summer... making him even scarier... and making #15 a little low.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:23 pm

What a compliment from the players who vote. HAIL
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:39 am

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:16 am

My only problem is that Russell Wilson is ranked ahead of him. I know it is not a completely off base, but it still pisses me off and I still think Griffin is better.

I'm not gonna derail this into a Wilson vs. Griffin conversation but wanted to throw that out there.

Russell Wilson was 51. #-o :oops:
Last edited by emoses14 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:23 am

emoses14 wrote:My only problem is that Russell Wilson is ranked ahead of him. I know it is not a completely off base, but it still pisses me off and I still think Griffin is better.

I'm not gonna derail this into a Wilson vs. Griffin conversation but wanted to throw that out there.

Huh? Wilson was 51, RGIII was 15.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:29 am

Oh Kurt Warner. You're so cute with your "get off my lawn attitude"
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 am

Deadskins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:My only problem is that Russell Wilson is ranked ahead of him. I know it is not a completely off base, but it still pisses me off and I still think Griffin is better.

Huh? Wilson was 51, RGIII was 15.

Yeah, I just realized my mistake and was going back to edit, but won't since its already gotten a response. Whatever list I looked at, didn't have a rank filled in for him on the show, just a fan one. I assumed that meant he hadn't been ranked yet.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 am

The only QBs ranked higher are Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, and Peyton Manning.

As a side note, Tony Romo didn't even make the top 100. :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Re: RGIII at #15 on top 100 of 2013

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 am

Deadskins wrote:So RG III is about to be revealed as #15 on the list (top spot ever for a rookie or a Heisman Trophy winner). Too low? Too high? What say you?

a lot of these 'lists' mean so little - all that is important is who is the player best suited for this franchise - RG3 is the best QB in the NFL for the 2013 Redskins

I think that we've gone beyond the off season awards - we 'won' so many times that we're not eligible anymore :roll:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:52 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:So RG Jr. Jr. is about to be revealed as #15 on the list (top spot ever for a rookie or a Heisman Trophy winner). Too low? Too high? What say you?

a lot of these 'lists' mean so little

Yes, but this list was determined by the votes of his peers. Every player votes, and RG Jr. Jr. got more votes than all but 14 other players. That's impressive.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:05 am

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:So RG III is about to be revealed as #15 on the list (top spot ever for a rookie or a Heisman Trophy winner). Too low? Too high? What say you?

Yes, but this list was determined by the votes of his peers. Every player votes, and RG III got more votes than all but 14 other players. That's impressive.

OK - but he's going to be even higher on that list next year :wink:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:15 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:So RG Jr. Jr. is about to be revealed as #15 on the list (top spot ever for a rookie or a Heisman Trophy winner). Too low? Too high? What say you?

Yes, but this list was determined by the votes of his peers. Every player votes, and RG Jr. Jr. got more votes than all but 14 other players. That's impressive.

OK - but he's going to be even higher on that list next year :wink:

Agreed. Next year, he'll be #1.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:47 pm

That is what makes this so impressive to me....it was voted on by his peers....not by mediots or by retired players. This is not a lifetime achievement ranking, but based on what happened this past season. Suprised that RGIII was ranked higher than Ryan or Flacco.....but certainly deserved a high ranking and to be ahead of Luck and Wilson.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:09 am

All his accolades are well deserved and earned. Honestly dont care about these lists we want the Lombardi trophies.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football