Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri May 24, 2013 9:22 am

SkinsJock wrote: :shock: let me clarify it for those that didn't get it ....

I totally get that you kinda said two different things.

SkinsJock wrote:Dr Andrews, Mike AND RG3 will ALL be involved in decisions about what to do and when - they ALL have a clear understanding of everything to do with RG3 and his health

I agree with this.

SkinsJock wrote:FACT IS - RG3 is ONLY playing when Mike says he's ready - that will be based on information from the medical people and the staff - NOT on what ANYONE from the Griffin family thinks ... including Robert :D

Not so much this.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 24, 2013 3:56 pm

OK - we shall see ... BUT, I really do think that Mike and RG3 have a better understanding of their responsibilities to both each other and the franchise ...

I think that RG3 knows that he's the leader on the field - he also KNOWS that Mike is in charge here and his decisions are final .. AND he's OK with all that
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

swine

Postby SKIN4LIFE » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:37 am

Interesting note I came across. If Broyles can do it as a WR, I'm sure RG3 can as a QB. Technology is definitely advancing in terms of ACL repair. Maybe 6 months is becoming the norm.

16. Detroit Lions wide receiver Ryan Broyles took part in team drills, just six months removed from anterior cruciate ligament surgery. It's time to change our ACL recovery time expectations.

Link
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -minicamps
Changing the ways of Today (salary cap) will allow us to celebrate championships in the Future.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 am

^^ there are 2 things that are 'helping' RG3 recover and rehab - the stem cells and his athletic background

this is an Olympic caliber athlete - the operation was performed by Dr Andrews who has had a lot of recent success and knows what the athletes need to do to get ready

The medical guys will be clearing RG3 and then the process is pretty much up to Mike - RG3 will be anxious but Mike & Kyle are V cognizant of all that RG3 offers

we are very lucky to have such a great talent and I'm sure that he'll be doing everything he can to be ready to play in game 1

I DON'T see him changing how he plays I DO see him being a lot more sure about what he needs to do to ensure he minimizes the chance of injury
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:41 am

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:09 am

I keep telling myself to be measured. To only be surprised by what he can do and when and not to expect anything (because I've got Kirk Cousins on hold and that's just fine with me). But. . .

I am ALL. IN. FOR. WEEK. 1.

I think we will all soon learn to be very comfortable with expecting the heaven's from our quarterback, but there's a lot of scar tissue to break through first.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:35 am

appreciate the video - thanks

The Redskins are very lucky to have RG3 and also are very fortunate that despite a really bad injury he's going to be back running things here
the operation went well and as far as we know the re-hab/recovery process has been great
I'm sure that RG3 and the staff will have learned a bunch from all that happened and will go forward accordingly

there is NO DOUBT that RG3 will do all that he can to get his body and his head ready to be RG3 again
nothing is guaranteed but I'd be very surprised if he's not our starting QB in game 1

AND

despite what Sonny (and some) are hoping for - I doubt that much about the way RG3 plays will change - that's why he's so special
RG3 has the physical talent to do what he needs to do to help his team and he totally understands the ramifications of putting his body at risk

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:18 am

Link

This week featured drills in which Griffin sprinted to the left and right, and then cut to the opposite direction. He also did other change of direction drills. Griffin went through those types of workouts for three consecutive days. There were no indications of setbacks of any kind, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak for the team.

All in for week 1. :up:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:45 pm

The Captain on Griff:

"Robert looked awesome and I'm not just saying that," Cousins told NFL Network. "Obviously, he is a bit of a freak in terms of his athleticism, but he's healed very quickly. He couldn't practice with us but he was on a separate field doing drills all spring, during our OTAs and minicamp, and he looked really good. I think he'll be ready to go come Week 1, but my mindset is to be ready to go no matter what."

LINK
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:30 pm

How could you not love Kirk Cousins? At some point, I think they'll convert him to a very high draft pick... and even if he's playing for Dallas, I will still be a fan. I didn't even gag when I wrote that. The kid is pure class.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby yupchagee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Countertrey wrote:How could you not love Kirk Cousins? At some point, I think they'll convert him to a very high draft pick... and even if he's playing for Dallas, I will still be a fan. I didn't even gag when I wrote that. The kid is pure class.

I don't think we would trade him to a division rival.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:02 pm

I think you missed the point...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby yupchagee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Countertrey wrote:I think you missed the point...

I know you meant that "even in the highly unlikely case that we traded him to the Pules...." but I just coulodn't stop myself.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:31 am

Countertrey wrote:How could you not love Kirk Cousins? At some point, I think they'll convert him to a very high draft pick... and even if he's playing for Dallas, I will still be a fan. I didn't even gag when I wrote that. The kid is pure class.

No. ;furious;

I did for you. :puke:

But I agree the kid is pure class, and that I'll root for him no matter (please not Dallas, please not Dallas, please not NY please not Philthy) where he may wind up. I just want him to be the back up here forever, like Frank Reich in Buffalo :wink:

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:36 am

and this ^^ is related to THE knee ... :lol:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football