Garcon Surgery

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Garcon Surgery

Postby Mississippi Hog » Fri May 24, 2013 7:57 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93059 ... ery-labrum

Just saw this on ESPN.com. Thought you'd like to know!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 24, 2013 8:39 am

Yeah, when I heard them say on NFLN that he was working out with RGIII, as part of the rehab group, after his surgery, I was thinking he went ahead and had the foot fixed. I guess this shows he's not afraid to go under the knife, if the procedure is warranted.
Last edited by Deadskins on Fri May 24, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri May 24, 2013 8:52 am

Deadskins wrote:Yeah, when I heard them say on NFLN that he was working out with RGIII, as part of the rehab group, after his surgery, I was thinking he went ahead and had the foot fixed. I guess this shows he not afraid to go under the knife, if the procedure is warranted.

This.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri May 24, 2013 12:59 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Yeah, when I heard them say on NFLN that he was working out with RGIII, as part of the rehab group, after his surgery, I was thinking he went ahead and had the foot fixed. I guess this shows he not afraid to go under the knife, if the procedure is warranted.

This.
Repeated for emphasis.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri May 24, 2013 1:09 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

This.
Repeated for emphasis.

I love how facts cut the whining down.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Yeah, when I heard them say on NFLN that he was working out with RGIII, as part of the rehab group, after his surgery, I was thinking he went ahead and had the foot fixed. I guess this shows he's not afraid to go under the knife, if the procedure is warranted.

This.
Repeated for emphasis.

I love how facts cut the whining down.

to clarify - the surgery that Garcon had was not on his foot, so ... as has been pointed out, he's not afraid of having an operation and must not think his foot is an issue

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2229 ... -surgeries
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks for posting this. I heard Garcon speak of surgery the other day on an interview, but he did not specify what the surgery was for.....I assumed that it was for his foot.

For all the Skins fans who did not think that Garcon was a good signing last season to this team....my eyes told me that he was a difference maker when he was in at WR. He made difficult catches, across the middle, from RGIII, and had the speed to elude defenders after the catch. Here's hoping that Garcon, and all our injured play makers, return at full strength this season.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat May 25, 2013 11:15 am

rskin72 wrote:For all the Skins fans who did not think that Garcon was a good signing last season to this team....my eyes told me that he was a difference maker when he was in at WR.

I don't think there were many people who thought Garcon was a bad signing. Last year's FA market was basically Vincent Jackson then everybody else. Garcon was probably the second best player on the market, and the Redskins did a good job grabbing him as early as possible. Anyone who thought we should have done better and still got a WR in free agency just didn't know what they were talking about.

Here's hoping that Garcon, and all our injured play makers, return at full strength this season.

That's really the only issue.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 am

Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:02 am

^^ .. thanks for the update - I think that Garcon is going to be a force again ... he understands the deal with his foot and is doing what he thinks is best for both himself and the offense

I also agree with his assessment that this offense will be even more effective this season based on the talent surrounding RG3 and the benefit of having had a year together
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Postby insidetracktix1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:44 am

The offense will be much better this year..if RG3 returns in time. think he will be back for the first game?

-redskinstickets.com

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:46 am

insidetracktix1 wrote:The offense will be much better this year..if RG3 returns in time. think he will be back for the first game?

-redskinstickets.com

He says by camp.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Pierre Garcon - WR - Redskins

Pierre Garcon (shoulder) received full medical clearance to practice when training camp opens next week.

Garcon had surgery to repair a torn labrum shortly after the Redskins were bounced from the playoffs. He had a checkup with Dr. James Andrews earlier this week and received a clean bill of health. Garcon's toe is the only issue that's still a bit concerning, but he plans to wear special shoes with inserts to help alleviate the pain. He's our No. 19 fantasy receiver heading into camp.

Source: Washington Post Jul 18 - 12:29 PM

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Postby Of The River » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Garcon is going to have a big year for us and good to know he is healing well.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:17 am

Pierre Garcon - WR - Redskins

Pierre Garcon has reportedly been the Redskins' most reliable receiver through four days of camp.

It's early, but Garcon says last year's foot woes have been a non-issue. If that's the case through the regular season, he'll be an absolute steal at his current late fifth-round ADP. "I'm gonna lean on him and he's gonna lean on me and we're gonna make things happen," Robert Griffin said. Garcon is playing split end in the Shanahan & Son offense, the same spot that has made stars of Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson and Rod Smith through the years.

Source: Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star Jul 30 - 10:43 AM

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football