RGIII Cleared to Practice - No PUP

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:51 am

and there's this
Though it'd be nice for Griffin to experience an actual game in the preseason, the rewards probably aren't worth the gamble of playing a what we assume to be a not completely healthy Griffin

these guys really do not have a clue about the knee or what RG3 is physically able to do ..
I think there's a lot of mis-information - considering that Mike is involved, this should not be a surprise
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Funny how people would actually want him to play in a meaningless pre-season game to get "reps" when people were faulting the organization for leaving him in during the most important game of the season--the PLAYOFFS.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. It would be totally idiotic to risk RGIII in the preseason. Err on the side of caution.

What's even less prudent is the fact that the team doesn't even rep the meat of the playbook that is used in the regular season. We saw ZERO read option plays and NO plays from the Pistol Formation until the opener versus New Orleans. Why the hell would you want to trot RGIII out, expose him to contact, just to "rep" plays we aren't going to run?

Let the man get healthy.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins

The Redskins will limit Robert Griffin III (knee) to 7-on-7 drills as part of their plan to "ease" him into training camp.

Griffin is on a similar schedule to Adrian Peterson last year. Peterson avoided the active/PUP list, but was significantly scaled back in terms of the kind of reps he was allowed to do. RG3 will face no contact until preseason games, where he'll likely be used sparingly. He remains a fantasy value pick at his ADP.

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins

Sources tell ESPN that it would be a "major surprise" if Robert Griffin III (knee) plays in any preseason games.

It's unfortunate we won't get a chance to evaluate Griffin's recovery against a live opponent, but this should not be considered any kind of setback. It's just Mike Shanahan exercising extra caution as he often does with players coming off injury and the Redskins not wanting to subject their franchise player to any unnecessary hits. Dr. James Andrews, who performed Griffin's ACL and LCL repair, has given Griffin clearance.

Source: ESPN.com Jul 23 - 8:33 AM

Source: Washington Times Jul 22 - 3:17 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:46 pm

To stir the pot...
His debut on primetime might have less nerves if he took a couple game time snaps in preseason... It is against a division rival non the less
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:51 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:To stir the pot...
His debut on primetime might have less nerves if he took a couple game time snaps in preseason... It is against a division rival non the less

Eh... Won't be an issue for him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:25 pm

^^ I agree Chris - the offense that the Eagles will face on Monday night will be nothing like anything the Redskins will use in the pre season games

that was what Kyle and Mike did so effectively when they got to NO last season - these guys are not going to give any indication to the Eagles of what they plan to do ...
especially if they are thinking of anything 'new' ...

one of the benefits that the Redskins have in heading into this season is they have pretty much all the same players and coaches that they had last season
yes we need to look at the secondary and there will be some changes offensively but rather than needing to try new things they are more looking to doing what they did better
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

cappster

Postby Cappster » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:44 pm

I see no need to put him in preseason games where you have guys who are going to be cut playing against him. The last thing we need is some unknown player trying to make a name for himself by hurting our quarterback. As long as he can get some reps in practice and get his timing down, given his injury, that is the best we can ask for at this moment in time. Preserve our franchise the best we can and move forward when the regular season starts.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

cappster

Postby Cappster » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:49 pm

And look at it like this: Once he plays the first half VS. the Iggles, he will probably already have the same amount of game experience that he will get in the preseason.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:51 pm

RG3 did not play much last pre season and then had a pretty good game in NO .. there are going to be a lot of surprised fans at FedEx field that first game

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:12 am

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 did not play much last pre season and then had a pretty good game in NO .. there are going to be a lot of surprised fans at FedEx field that first game

Ding ding ding! Exactly the answer I was fishing for! He's handled, help he's thrived on!, pressure situations all season as a rookie.. missing the faster paced practices will do him no harm. Preseason has always been about seeing who else you have, not so much testing who you k.ow you have. Can't wait for captain kirk to light it up tho!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:14 am

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 did not play much last pre season and then had a pretty good game in NO .. there are going to be a lot of surprised fans at FedEx field that first game

Ding ding ding! Exactly the answer I was fishing for! He's handled, hell he's thrived on!, pressure situations all season as a rookie.. missing the faster paced practices will do him no harm. Preseason has always been about seeing who else you have, not so much testing who you know you have. Can't wait for captain kirk to light it up tho!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football