Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Haven't they been growing ears on rats for years? Lmao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:33 pm

I am not exactly sure what was actually done by Dr Andrews ...

I do understand that RG3's right knee is NOT going to be 'better' than it was before last season ...
we all saw the devastating image and we all felt initially that there was a very good chance our future great QB might not be able to play QB like he had given us a taste for last season ...

I am VERY grateful that medical science has come far enough that there is a very good chance that RG3 will be able to play at a level that will ensure he is the best QB that ever played in B&G

I don't exactly know how all that came to be so quickly, after what we saw in his last game, but I do believe that RG3 WILL BE AS GOOD (or better) than he was
THAT IS REALLY, ALL I CARE ABOUT

we may or may not win every game BECAUSE of RG3 being able to play QB but ... we will have a team that has a lot better chance of success AS A TEAM ...

HTTR
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Don't be surprised if they keep him out MAYBE the 1st or 2nd game and try out cousins being conservative. Trust me, you heard it from me 1st.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:58 pm

EA7649 wrote:Don't be surprised if they keep him out MAYBE the 1st or 2nd game and try out cousins being conservative.
Trust me, you heard it from me 1st.

IF you really think that Mike will not play RG3 IF he's ready to play - you're NOT trustworthy ...

IF you think that Mike is not going to play RG3 in the first or second game because RG3 is not going to be 'ready' to play - you're NOT trustworthy
because you must be basing that on feeling that RG3 is not going to be ready to play AND that's just BS :lol:

other than that I have no issues with you at all - from what little I know about you, that is :lol:

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:43 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
EA7649 wrote:Don't be surprised if they keep him out MAYBE the 1st or 2nd game and try out cousins being conservative.
Trust me, you heard it from me 1st.

IF you really think that Mike will not play RG3 IF he's ready to play - you're NOT trustworthy ...

IF you think that Mike is not going to play RG3 in the first or second game because RG3 is not going to be 'ready' to play - you're NOT trustworthy
because you must be basing that on feeling that RG3 is not going to be ready to play AND that's just BS :lol:

other than that I have no issues with you at all - from what little I know about you, that is :lol:
Lets and wait and see. They will be cautious on his health TRUST. If hes ready, hes ready.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:03 pm

He's ready.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:50 am

We all know that we are VERY fortunate to have RG3 and that he will be VERY carefully monitored

I doubt we'll see much from him in pre season games, but ... unless the reports are inaccurate - I don't see Mike not having him play

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:27 am

SkinsJock wrote:We all know that we are VERY fortunate to have RG3 and that he will be VERY carefully monitored

I doubt we'll see much from him in pre season games, but ... unless the reports are inaccurate - I don't see Mike not having him play

The reports are that Mike says he will not play.

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:36 am

Why is this up for debate? RGIII said on Wednesday that he won't be playing. Mike confirmed it. He's not playing.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:04 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Why is this up for debate? RGIII said on Wednesday that he won't be playing. Mike confirmed it. He's not playing.

:lol: gotta love it - if anyone is paying attention, EA7649 posted that there is a possibility, even a maybe, that RG3 might not start or play in the 1st games of the season - i.e. the Eagles and Packers

please enlighten us where Mike has said that RG3 "won't be playing" in those games

EVERYONE understands that the pre season games are not going to see much, IF ANY, play from RG3

I just do not see any reports that indicate that RG3 might not be 'ready to play' in the very near future and certainly he has indicated that he thinks he'll be starting the Monday Night game
I understand bringing him back slowly - this kid has shown he's very motivated to get himself in as good a shape as he can and I just cannot fathom Mike holding him back

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:33 am

SkinsJock wrote:He might wear a brace ... for added protection .... and why not on both knees - it's kind of like insurance - you don't really need it but it's nice to have :wink:

There is another concern when wearing a brace. Bracing one joint increases impulses (stress) to other joints when jumping and cutting.

Think of your legs as complex shock absorbers. When you jump or cut, your ankle, knee and hip joints all play a role in absorbing the shock. Braces, while stabilizing the joint, also decrease that joint's range of motion, essentially taking out one of your shock absorbers. This places more stress on the other joints.

Also, on a hit, if a brace were to prevent the knee from giving then something else would have to give. This can happen without a brace too as evidenced by Joe T. His knee was so tight both his tibia and fibula snapped.

There are pluses ans minuses to the brace and we all should know Griff will not wear one if he has his druthers.

BTW - I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm merely pointing out what I consider interesting medical facts.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 am

RG3 is wearing a brace and I'm fairly sure he will wear it for a while ...

HOWEVER

I'll predict that RG3 is NOT going to be wearing a brace in the Monday night game
RG3's not playing in that game if the knee is not OK - IF he's 'ready to play', he's not wearing the brace :D

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 am

Quick question.. do you folks WANT him to play in the first game? or even the first two games? (regular season that is)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:05 am

Absolutely!

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:24 am

I want RG3 to play QB - there is ABSOLUTELY, NO REASON to not start him in the first game

it's maybe difficult for some to think that there is no way he could be ready after what we all saw and from what we all think we know about athletes recovering from that type of injury
that is all based on 'old thinking' ... medical science and the medical profession have made some unbelievable advances PLUS some of these athletes like RG3 are just incredible ...

RG3 is going to be an even better QB than he was last season based on his desire to be the best he can be AND Mike and Kyle taking even more advantage of his skill set

there is no way that Mike will not play RG3 in the Eagles game .... unless that right knee is not ready to go and there is ZERO indication of that

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football