Training camp news

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:41 am

Redskins add secondary depth

The Redskins have added defensive backs Ryan Mouton and Jose Gumbs.

They replace safeties Jordan Bernstine and Devin Holland, who were released earlier Thursday.

Mouton (5 foot 9, 184 pounds) is a 26-year-old cornerback who was drafted in the third round by the Titans in 2009. He has appeared in 36 career games, including four starts.

Gumbs is a 5-10, 210-pound safety. The 25-year-old has spent time with the Chiefs’ and Saints’ organizations.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:49 am

everydayAskinsday wrote:Keenan Robinson torn pec .. Out for season again!

;furious;
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:59 am

Two players, same injury, same setback. IMHO, there's a problem with the team medical staff. At a time where the NFLPA is questioning NFL doctors, this may be the reason why. Something is wrong with the process that they're using if they're losing players to repeat injuries after rehabilitation.

IF my assumption is true. I'd potentially file a complaint/grievance against the team, especially if they cut me soon after.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:51 am

Can someone post the camp impression from the Post? I can't get to the site. :lol:

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:05 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Two players, same injury, same setback. IMHO, there's a problem with the team medical staff. At a time where the NFLPA is questioning NFL doctors, this may be the reason why. Something is wrong with the process that they're using if they're losing players to repeat injuries after rehabilitation.

IF my assumption is true. I'd potentially file a complaint/grievance against the team, especially if they cut me soon after.

To be fair to the team Drs., Rak and Keenan may have had the same initial injury to a pectoral muscle. But Rak's second injury was to a different part of the pec and keenan's second is actually to his same side shoulder or the other pec/shoulder altogether not the same pec.

Yes, that's the same injury that ended his 2012 season after 11 games. But that injury was to his right pec; this time the tear is in his right shoulder.
Link

Or

This time, he injured the other pec.
Link

Doesn't refute your conclusion, but not sure your premises get you there.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Kirk Cousins at TC

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:37 am

We've heard that Mike is going to use Kirk Cousins more in the pre season ...

anything more? I've heard that he's looking pretty good - I know, I know "it's camp" but ...
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:32 am

The word is that Mike will not play RG Jr. Jr. in the pre-season at all.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:10 am

Deadskins wrote:The word is that Mike will not play RG Jr. Jr. in the pre-season at all.

:shock: we all know about Jr. Jr. ... how does that pertain to how Kirk Cousins is doing at camp?

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:37 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:The word is that Mike will not play RG Jr. Jr. in the pre-season at all.

:shock: we all know about Jr. Jr. ... how does that pertain to how Kirk Cousins is doing at camp?

If, RG Jr. Jr. is out, it would follow that they would use Cousins more, no?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:07 am

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

If, RG Jr. Jr. is out, it would follow that they would use Cousins more, no?

OK - I understand now ..

I saw some talking heads say that Will Brinson 'reported' that KC had looked pretty sharp at TC even when running the read option plays

I have little faith in these mediots as you know and was wondering if there were any more 'reliable' reports from TC about Kirk

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:03 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Robinson tore the other pectoral muscle. Nothing to do with the medical staff.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:23 am

HYPE TRAIN

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:40 pm

^^ that's just what we need to help pull the b/w bus around this season ...

all aboard - FFA and I have our seat belts fastened ... we're expecting a quick take-off :lol:

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm

riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Robinson tore the other pectoral muscle. Nothing to do with the medical staff.

I wouldn't put full blame on the medical/training staff but something is going on with torn muscles on our squad. Maybe other teams have as much as ours as well but it seem like our team have had at least one or two players per year with these muscle tears.

Phillip Daniels (Shanahan 1st year?) Andre Carter, Stephen Bowen, K. Robinson (twice), Orakpo (twice). Carriker (three x's), Garcon (foot).

Maybe its overcompensating, overworking, or some type of supplements these players have been taking that is causing increased risk but I do feel that there is somewhat a responsibility of our medical team to feel these guys in with more knowledge how to prevent and handle these. Not full responsibility but some. Players have to be honest too of how their bodies feeling and not trying to rush anything.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:40 pm

gotta go with the conspiracy theory - that's the easiest explanation :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football