Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:37 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Quick question.. do you folks WANT him to play in the first game? or even the first two games? (regular season that is)

Yes. However, I want him to be healthy. Anyone claiming he will only start if he is 100% is engaging in history-defying conjecture.

I suspect he will be over 90% and will start game 1.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:12 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Quick question.. do you folks WANT him to play in the first game? or even the first two games? (regular season that is)

Yes. However, I want him to be healthy. Anyone claiming he will only start if he is 100% is engaging in history-defying conjecture.

when asked this week if he would wait until he was 100% healthy, RG3 responded that "no NFL athlete is ever 100% healthy" - he indicated that when he was ready to play he would play and that he saw no reason at all why he would not be ready to start the Eagles game - he even ADDED - I could be 'ready to play' in a week or so but that was not likely to happen as he and Mike were already considering that he will not play in the pre season games

there is NO REASON to think that RG3 will not be 'ready to play' soon - he will be given as much time as he needs ... having a need to quantify his readiness as a percentage is just media STUFF

I expect him to be a better and more effective QB than he was no matter what percentage of fitness or health the media thinks he is at :twisted:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:12 pm

DarthMonk wrote:

I'm with you on that. The guy just had knee surgery barely seven months ago. 100%??? Yeah right.

It will be interesting to see what ends up happening with the Eagles game. If Cousins has a good preseason, I could see Shanahan thinking they might be able to win that game with him at QB.

It is a divisional game though, so maybe not.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:19 pm

I personally don't even want him to play week 1 of the regular season even if he's ready. My opinion has something to do with his history of injuries but more-so because I feel Cousins can run our offense pretty effectively.. and maybe even better now that he's been QB1 for an entire offseason.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:21 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:I personally don't even want him to play week 1 of the regular season even if he's ready. My opinion has something to do with his history of injuries but more-so because I feel Cousins can run our offense pretty effectively.. and maybe even better now that he's been QB1 for an entire offseason.

It would be a big opportunity for Cousins, and he'll have all summer to get ready for it. You might be right on that one.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 pm

I think the Redskins could win a lot of games with Kirk Cousins as QB ... :lol:

anyone that thinks Mike MIGHT start Cousins if RG3 is 'ready to play' is delusional - do you really think that Mike might not play his best QB

Mike WILL NOT start RG3 if he's not 'ready to play' but that would seem highly UNLIKELY given that RG3 has indicated that he's going to be 'ready to play'

NOBODY is suggesting that RG3 is COMPLETELY HEALTHY

OR that he's a medical miracle :lol:

he's undergone the surgery, done all that was required by the medical people and now he's 'ready to play' ... and you think that Mike might 'rest' him - WHY?

GET REAL
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:44 pm

SkinsJock wrote:he's undergone the surgery, done all that was required by the medical people and now he's 'ready to play' ... and you think that Mike might 'rest' him - WHY?

I'm not saying that Mike would REST him, but he might choose not to RUSH him if he has a good option in Cousins. He might even decide that the QB who played all preseason and didn't have knee surgery in January might be the better option for that first game. Not really sure what is so far-fetched about that.

Nobody really knows one way or another until we see RGIII play in a game. I don't care how many times he tweets that he is "ready to play". The guy said he was ready to play against the Seahawks too.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:44 pm

No, I never said I expect Mike to bench him, I said I'd prefer if he didn't play week 1 and gave it an extra week.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:46 pm

riggofan wrote:The guy said he was ready to play against the Seahawks too.

Precisely

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:21 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:

Precisely

are you serious? Both Mike and RG3 have moved on from ALL that happened and BOTH indicated they have learned from everything that happened

do you NOT believe that?

OK - I understand that some think that RG3 might not be ready to play - but .. He's said he's ready, Dr Andrews has cleared him to play and I believe Mike knows that he could play now but is choosing to not play him at this time ... NOT because he is not ready to play but because there is nothing to gain from playing him - NOT playing RG3 has nothing to do with the knee but everything to do with the fact that there is nothing to be gained by playing him at this time

Kirk Cousins is a very good QB but if RG3 is able to play, there is no way that Mike does not play him in that Monday night game UNLESS the knee is giving RG3 some problems AND RG3 and everyone involved with his preparation are not letting on about that

RG3 has said he's going to be ready to play - why do you not believe that is the case - because of something that happened in January - give me a break - have a little faith in this guy :roll:

it should not surprise me that so many here are so negative ... but it does :roll:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:32 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:No, I never said I expect Mike to bench him, I said I'd prefer if he didn't play week 1 and gave it an extra week.

but, if RG3 and Mike think that RG3 is ready to play, why do they need to wait?

or

as you said ... "I'd prefer if he didn't play week 1 and gave it an extra week."

WHY?

do you really think that RG3's not going to be ready to play in a few weeks as he has said and as the Dr has confirmed

why not wait another month or so - why not let Kirk Cousins start at QB for a few games ... or more :twisted:

Postby yupchagee » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:49 pm

I hope he plays, but only if he is 100%.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:01 pm

I'm as concerned about the donor knee as I am the "bad" one. When will this be 100%?

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:28 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Precisely

are you serious? Both Mike and RG3 have moved on from ALL that happened and BOTH indicated they have learned from everything that happened

do you NOT believe that?

I actually DO believe they've learned from what happened. And because I believe that, I personally think the team might exercise some caution with their franchise QB who is coming off major knee surgery. Can you imagine what would happen around here if they put him out there too soon and he gets injured again??

They've been preparing all year to start the season with Cousins. IMHO I won't be surprised to still see him start the first few games, especially if he has a good preseason. I don't know what you find so "negative" about that opinion.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:29 pm

this might be 'news' to some here ... RG3 is going to be 'ready to play' again SOON

and

he's said that he's never going to be 100% healthy - He also claims that no athlete in the NFL is really 100% healthy ...

Let me try and help those that have doubts -
"RG3 is going to be better prepared to play than AP was at the beginning of last season"
"Mike and Kyle are going to help RG3 be an even better QB and leader of the offense than he was last season"

stop looking for excuses

RG3 and Mike are going to determine when he's ready to play and at this time the timing of that is NOT due to any issues with the right knee
RG3 has done everything and more that the medical guys & Redskins training staff wanted him to do to get ready to play QB again

RG3 will be playing QB in game 1 on Monday Night Football - that is all that matters - Mike will be as devious as possible but he WILL let RG3 play QB after all he's done since the operation in order to be ready to play

IF the knee was an issue, RG3 would not be making the assertions that he is making - he AND Mike understand that cannot happen again - NOT HAPPENING :roll:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football