Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
||||||

Postby EA7649 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:26 pm

My game 1 or 2 absence if he's not ready doesn't seem as criticized anymore. The redskins will be more cautious after all the criticism and that they want to keep him for 10 years not 2 BC injury. Will he be ready health wise? No one knows, but more cautious decisions will be made. Cousins is the best back up, let's find out if needed!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:36 pm

I'll repeat this ... s l o w l y ...

RG3 is NOT risking hurting his right knee by playing in the Eagles game - The Dr, the HC and RG3 himself are NOT taking a "risk" with that knee ...

Please explain how cautious does he have to be? IF the knee is ready to play on, WHY would you NOT start him in game 1?

don't give excuses - PLEASE explain why he should not play on a knee that is 'ready to play on' according to the Dr, the HC, the trainer and RG3 himself
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:37 pm

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 and Mike are going to determine when he's ready to play and at this time the timing of that is NOT due to any issues with the right knee ...

:hmm:

Coulda fooled me.

-drinking
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:44 pm

The Hogster wrote:Your posts make Skins Jock sound like Aristotle.

Not too difficult as Aristotle was wrong about pretty much everything.

Sorry ... kinda.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:51 pm

EA7649 wrote:My game 1 or 2 absence if he's not ready doesn't seem as criticized anymore.
say what :lol:
The redskins will be more cautious after all the criticism and that they want to keep him for 10 years not 2 BC injury.

that's BS - the Redskins & Mike are not the slightest bit influenced by ANY criticism -
Mike and RG3 are BOTH very conscious of what they BOTH did wrong last season - they fully understand how important RG3 is for the long term
Will he be ready health wise? No one knows, but more cautious decisions will be made.
that's more BS - you and I don't know what the hell is happening but trust me - Mike and RG3 know exactly what the status of that knee is
Cousins is the best back up, let's find out if needed!

I have no problem using Cousins and we can be very good with him at QB - do you really think that Mike should start Cousins to "find out" things about him - that's just not worth debating :roll:

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:21 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
EA7649 wrote:My game 1 or 2 absence if he's not ready doesn't seem as criticized anymore.
say what :lol:
The redskins will be more cautious after all the criticism and that they want to keep him for 10 years not 2 BC injury.

that's BS - the Redskins & Mike are not the slightest bit influenced by ANY criticism -
Mike and RG3 are BOTH very conscious of what they BOTH did wrong last season - they fully understand how important RG3 is for the long term
Will he be ready health wise? No one knows, but more cautious decisions will be made.
that's more BS - you and I don't know what the hell is happening but trust me - Mike and RG3 know exactly what the status of that knee is
Cousins is the best back up, let's find out if needed!

I have no problem using Cousins and we can be very good with him at QB - do you really think that Mike should start Cousins to "find out" things about him - that's just not worth debating :roll:
Skinsjock, your arrogance is starting to piss me off. I'm telling you they will be extremely cautious with Robert and we will all find out in the future. I'm done speaking on this manner. He may or may not start game 1 all depends when the team gets a good feel for his abilities, not just dr andrews permission. Peace and love

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:18 pm

no worries - I'm just frustrated that the consensus is not that IF RG3 is ready to play and Mike knows from seeing him practice that he's ready to play - we all should be wanting him to play and NOT worrying about his knee

we'll all see soon who was more correct in their evaluation of the information given :twisted:

btw - thanks for letting me know that I'm getting into your head a little :wink:

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:19 am

EA7649 wrote:Skinsjock, your arrogance is starting to piss me off. I'm telling you they will be extremely cautious with Robert and we will all find out in the future. I'm done speaking on this manner. He may or may not start game 1 all depends when the team gets a good feel for his abilities, not just dr andrews permission. Peace and love

Apparently Mike is going to base his decision on RGIII's twitter feed and off the cuff comments to the media. lol.

I'll be psyched if RGIII starts against the Eagles. I just want and expect the team to be cautious with him. From all we've heard, his recovery has been incredible, but the fact remains he had major knee surgery seven months ago.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:11 pm

riggofan wrote:
EA7649 wrote:Skinsjock, your arrogance is starting to piss me off. I'm telling you they will be extremely cautious with Robert and we will all find out in the future. I'm done speaking on this manner. He may or may not start game 1 all depends when the team gets a good feel for his abilities, not just dr andrews permission. Peace and love

Apparently Mike is going to base his decision on RGIII's twitter feed and off the cuff comments to the media.

I'll be psyched if RGIII starts against the Eagles. I just want and expect the team to be cautious with him. From all we've heard, his recovery has been incredible, but the fact remains he had major knee surgery seven months ago.

you may be right ... or not - we'll soon see ... :lol:

and .. about the surgery - you need to catch up, this is a VERY different world than you seem to be able to grasp on to :twisted:

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:36 am

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Apparently Mike is going to base his decision on RGIII's twitter feed and off the cuff comments to the media.

you may be right ... or not - we'll soon see ... :lol:

and .. about the surgery - you need to catch up, this is a VERY different world than you seem to be able to grasp on to :twisted:

There's no doubt about it, man! Adrian Peterson was back running like a beast eight months after surgery last year. I totally get that and it gives me a lot of hope for RGIII. I'm no pessimist, my friend. :)

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:31 pm

RG3 says he will wear knee brace all season

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III says he’ll wear a hinged brace on his right knee throughout the 2013 season. After that, though, all bets are off.

“I don’t know if I’ll wear it forever,” Griffin said Monday afternoon. “I know I’ll wear it for the rest of the season. After the first [ALC surgery in 2009] I wore it for a year and I thought I’d wear it the rest of my life. And the next year came around, I took it off, we won a Heisman and did a whole lot of other things. It just depends on how the leg feels. I don’t plan on wearing it past this season, but that all depends on what happens.”

Asked how much the brace is restricting his movement, Griffin said flatly, “It’s not.”

When Griffin injured the knee in December, adjusting to the brace, which straps to his thigh and lower leg and features hinges connecting the top and bottom – was not easy, mostly because he had not worn one since 2010. This time, however, he’s been wearing it for several months and, because of that, his leg has built up additional strength.

“Last year it was a concern because I didn’t play with the brace, or have to rehab with the brace all year,” he said. “So when you put it on, it kind of does restrict you a little bit more because you’re not used to it. Now that I’ve rehabbed with it and everything … you get used to it. Your leg gets stronger and you can carry that extra weight.”

Griffin created a bit of a stir last Thursday when he took a snap during the morning walkthrough without the brace. After realizing his mistake, he quickly returned to the sidelined and put it on.

Although that happened in front of several thousands of fans and a dozen reporters, he acknowledged Monday that it wasn’t the first time he forgot to put it on.

“I don’t really worry about my leg anymore,” he said. “Consistently I forget my brace. Like I did on the first day and everybody made a big deal about that. I feel great.”
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Robert Griffin III told the media today that he rehabbed his knee at an American Football facility in Nice, France while he was on his honeymoon.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:48 am

I had a nightmare last night when I dreamt that RGIII blew out his knee again in a preseason game. Luckily I soon realized that I was just dreaming and that RGIII is not playing in the preseason. I know that my story is a little bit ridiculous, but I thought I would share it anyway.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:56 am

Cappster wrote:I had a nightmare last night when I dreamt that RGIII blew out his knee again in a preseason game. Luckily I soon realized that I was just dreaming and that RGIII is not playing in the preseason. I know that my story is a little bit ridiculous, but I thought I would share it anyway.

If I was a dictator, I'd forbid you to dream! :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:08 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Cappster wrote:I had a nightmare last night when I dreamt that RGIII blew out his knee again in a preseason game. Luckily I soon realized that I was just dreaming and that RGIII is not playing in the preseason. I know that my story is a little bit ridiculous, but I thought I would share it anyway.

If I was a dictator, I'd forbid you to dream! :lol:

You're not a dictator??? :shock:

[wiping sweat from brow emoticon]

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football