Cornerback

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:10 am

The quote that I look to and put the most weight in is Minnifield's quote "I have been running full speed for almost three months now, cutting and everything. There's nothing I can't do."

That basically says that from a health standpoint, he's not limited in what he can do. Of course, even healthy players get cut every year. So, whether he makes it is no guarantee, but for people to take this and make it a negative is beyond pessimistic.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am

The Hogster wrote:Tandler's blog post is more opinion than journalism. The Al Bashir article delivers quotes from the source. Whether he makes a full recovery is still up in the air, but Rich Tandler's opinion is no more credible than anyone else's. So, the prudent thing to do is to look at the source. Minnifield and the coaching staff. Both obviously are hopeful that he can recover or else they wouldn't have opted to retain his rights.

agreed on the opinion vs. journalism dichotomy, but the man read the same article I did, and I just don't see how the hell he got where he did.

It's a bit like those responding to RGIII's tuesday tweet by saying that he was taking a shot at his coach (cough- Kornheiser/Wilbon/Adam Schefter-cough) and blaming them for his injury. Again, my response is just "did we read the same thing?"
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:lmao@moses rockin B&G

+1
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:22 pm

I'll just leave this here...I'll just leave this here...

Shanahan said Minnifield practiced fully yesterday and he was held out for precaution today.

— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) June 6, 2013

Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 pm

+1 for the gif. ROTFALMAO
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'll just leave this here...I'll just leave this here...

Shanahan said Minnifield practiced fully yesterday and he was held out for precaution today.

— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) June 6, 2013

+1

LOL!!

Classic. Like dropping the mic in Coming to America. LOL

SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:12 am

Sexual Chocolate!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:56 am

Randy Watson: Give a hand to my band, Sexual Chocolate.

Rev. Brown: If lovin' the lord is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Rev. Brown: [at Black Awareness Rally] But you know, when I look at these contestants! For the Miss Black Awareness Pageant, I feel good! I feel good, because I know there's a God somewhere! There's a God somewhere! Turn around ladies for me please! You know there's a God who sits on high and looks down low! Man cannot make it like this! Larry Flynt! Hugh Hefner! They can take the picture, but you can't make it! Only God above, the Hugh Hefner on high, can make it for ya!

Reverend Brown: Girl, you look so good, someone ought to put you on a plate and sop you up with a biscuit.

Saul: A man has the right to change his name to vatever he vants to change it to. And if a man vants to be called Muhammad Ali, godammit this is a free country, you should respect his vishes, and call the man Muhammad Ali!
Morris: His mamma call him Clay, imma call him Clay.

Prince Akeem: Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?
Cleo McDowell: No, I didn't.
Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.

Prince Akeem: [to hold-up man] It would be wise for you to put the weapon down.
Hold-Up Man: Who the eff is this ass hole?
Prince Akeem: Please refrain from using any further obscenities in the presence of these people.
Hold-Up Man: What?
Prince Akeem: I'm warning you. I will be forced to thrash you.
Hold-Up Man: eff you!

Basketball Game Vendor: [Bowing as he exits] This is the greatest day of my life!
Lisa McDowell: Who was that?
Prince Akeem: Oh, just a man I met in the bathroom...
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:45 am

:shock: - T G I F ...
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Reports out of camp is that Chase has been looking good.

Liked the way Minnifield played D. Henderson on one route. Good jam, played proper shoulder, stepped in front for an INT.

Liked the coverage by Minnifield on one route by Garcon. Played him well; on inside shoulder, used eyes well. smart.

Jon (NJ)

Any word on the progress of Chase Minnifield and Brandon Meriweather? I think the secondary is more important this year than the pass rush.
Dan Graziano
(12:04 PM)

Minnifield looks great, but the question is whether they can trust his knee to hold up, and the answer is likely no. So if they keep him, they may need to keep an extra CB for insurance. Meriweather is a guy they're being careful with, but indications are that he'll be ready when the season starts.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:01 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Reports out of camp is that Chase has been looking good.

Liked the way Minnifield played D. Henderson on one route. Good jam, played proper shoulder, stepped in front for an INT.

Liked the coverage by Minnifield on one route by Garcon. Played him well; on inside shoulder, used eyes well. smart.

Jon (NJ)

Any word on the progress of Chase Minnifield and Brandon Meriweather? I think the secondary is more important this year than the pass rush.
Dan Graziano

Minnifield looks great, but the question is whether they can trust his knee to hold up, and the answer is likely no. So if they keep him, they may need to keep an extra CB for insurance. Meriweather is a guy they're being careful with, but indications are that he'll be ready when the season starts.

Wow that's awesome! Really hope he keeps it up; been anticipating his contribution for a while :)

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:28 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Reports out of camp is that Chase has been looking good.

Jon (NJ)

Dan Graziano

redskins.com:

Minnifield continues to impress with his physicality and motor, and appears to have drawn the good-natured attention of his veteran receiver teammates. After a catch in traffic during 1-on-1 drills yesterday, Joshua Morgan stared him down. An ongoing rivalry with third-year receiver Leonard Hankerson continued today, as he fought Minnifield off of a jam at the line and both players ended up missing the ball. If he can remain healthy, No. 25 will be an intriguing player to watch when preseason action begins next week.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:37 am

preseason action begins next week.

=D>
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

-----------

Postby Smithian » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 am

Our secondary can only be better this season.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 pm

Am I the only.one that saw D hall has sprained his knee??
Hope chase, and ur rooks can step it up!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football