Training camp news

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm not going to start a whole thread about this, so I thought I'd mention it here since its related to players getting injured at training camp:

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=863108 ... t-to-visit
LB Nick Barnett is set to visit the #Redskins, who are looking for depth there. He’s spent the last few months getting healthy. Stay tuned
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Despite leading the Buffalo Bills in tackles last season, veteran linebacker Nick Barnett was released with a failed physical designation back in February.

The nature of Barnett's injury was never revealed, though he was limited by a knee issue late in the season.

A source who speaks with Barnett tells NFL.com's Ian Rapoport the linebacker will visit the Washington Redskins after spending the past few months getting healthy.

If signed, Barnett would provide depth at inside linebacker behind starters London Fletcher and Perry Riley.

Barnett was one of the few bright spots on a Bills run defense that allowed five yards per carry last season. On the flip side, no 4-3 outside linebacker surrendered a higher passer rating on passes into his coverage, according to Pro Football Focus.

Barnett's weakness in coverage makes him a better fit in a 3-4 defense, such as Jim Haslett's in Washington. Now that he's healthy, though, Barnett might have suitors beyond the Redskins.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Postby yupchagee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Linebacker Buffalo Buffalo Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-2 Weight: 228
Born: May 27, 1981
Career
139 games, 726 solo, 305 asst, 20.5 sacks, 12 ints
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 am

Wow.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... ning-camp/
● Jeremy Trueblood appeared to have one of the most uninspired practices I have ever seen today. The ball would snap and he routinely played almost straight up, not even attempting to get leverage. At times, a defender would make a move to the outside, and rather than try to slide to the side to stay in front of him, Trueblood would stick out a hand, appearing to just go through the motions. Another time Ryan Kerrigan demolished him on one bull-rush blitz. Trueblood offered no resistance at all. It’s hard to see why he is even on this team still.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:08 pm

riggofan wrote:Wow.

● Jeremy Trueblood appeared to have one of the most uninspired practices I have ever seen today. The ball would snap and he routinely played almost straight up, not even attempting to get leverage. At times, a defender would make a move to the outside, and rather than try to slide to the side to stay in front of him, Trueblood would stick out a hand, appearing to just go through the motions. Another time Ryan Kerrigan demolished him on one bull-rush blitz. Trueblood offered no resistance at all. It’s hard to see why he is even on this team still.

Sounds like he's lost his passion for the game. We don't need that.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:10 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Seriously man. That just sounds embarrassing from this report.

In slightly brighter news, I see Nick Barnett is still in Richmond.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... -possible/

Free agent linebacker Nick Barnett remained in town Wednesday, a day after arriving here to work out for Washington Redskins officials. But it still was not certain if he would be signed by the team.

A person familiar with the deliberations said a deal remained possible.

Barnett, a former starter for the Green Bay Packers and Buffalo Bills, met with the Redskins’ coaches Tuesday, hours after his workout in front of team officials.

The Redskins have been seeking to add a linebacker since reserve Keenan Robinson suffered a torn pectoral muscle last week. They tried but failed to sign another free agent, former Denver starter Joe Mays, who picked the Houston Texans instead.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Deadskins wrote:

I wonder if all teams have guys that just up and quit the way that we have the last few years (article in the post about Tristan Davis mentioned we'd had 1 running back quit in each of the last 2 or 3 years and also 1 other player, maybe a d-lineman or linebacker)? Now it looks like Trueblood may essentially do the same through his play. Indicative of nothing, probably, but definitely weird
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby yupchagee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:27 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I wonder if all teams have guys that just up and quit the way that we have the last few years (article in the post about Tristan Davis mentioned we'd had 1 running back quit in each of the last 2 or 3 years and also 1 other player, maybe a d-lineman or linebacker)? Now it looks like Trueblood may essentially do the same through his play. Indicative of nothing, probably, but definitely weird

You're probably thinking of Kentwan Balmer DE.
Skins fan since '55

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:16 pm

yupchagee wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

You're probably thinking of Kentwan Balmer DE.

Bingo
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:34 pm

:shock: This might come as a surprise to some here - there are going to be a bunch of players in camp this week that will not make this roster or even be in the NFL at the end of August :lol:

I know it sounds amazing - and many here probably can't fathom that - but it's true :roll:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:23 pm

SkinsJock wrote::shock: This might come as a surprise to some here - there are going to be a bunch of players in camp this week that will not make this roster or even be in the NFL at the end of August :lol:

I know it sounds amazing - and many here probably can't fathom that - but it's true :roll:

Almost half as a matter of fact.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby yupchagee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 pm

Unlike recent years, I think some players we cut will contribute elsewhere. We will have to cut some good players for a change.
Skins fan since '55

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:04 pm

yupchagee wrote:Unlike recent years, I think some players we cut will contribute elsewhere. We will have to cut some good players for a change.

I hope all the players we cut make it to the 2014 pro bowl ... that shows that we have a bunch of good players on the roster

all that matters is that the guys we keep make our team better

having players here that then go on to make the pro bowl roster from another team does not mean we made a bad decision on whom to keep :roll:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:21 pm

SkinsJock wrote::shock: This might come as a surprise to some here - there are going to be a bunch of players in camp this week that will not make this roster or even be in the NFL at the end of August :lol:

SkinsJock wrote:
I hope all the players we cut make it to the 2014 pro bowl ... that shows that we have a bunch of good players on the roster

all that matters is that the guys we keep make our team better

having players here that then go on to make the pro bowl roster from another team does not mean we made a bad decision on whom to keep :roll:

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:59 am

SkinsJock wrote:I hope all the players we cut make it to the 2014 pro bowl

Really? I hope all the players we keep make it to the 2014 Pro-Bowl. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football