Aldrick Robinson

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Aldrick Robinson

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Sorry if I've just been missing it. Haven't really put much thought into Aldrick Robinson until recently and was curious as to why he isn't playing that often.

Again, I could have just overlooked him because I wasn't looking for him. I'm not a Josh Morgan fan at all (no offense) and was curious as to why Aldrick Robinson isn't used as often.

Thanks for the feedback!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 pm

He plays on the outside. He's lost some time due to a healthy Garçon and good play by Hankerson.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:00 pm

I expect to see him getting more play in the movement roles that Banks used to get...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:02 pm

Countertrey wrote:I expect to see him getting more play in the movement roles that Banks used to get...

good call trey - I agree
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Ah didn't realize that. Thanks for the insight everyone!! I've been hearing a lot of good things about his speed...might be a useful weapon against the Seahawks defense.

Hawks are the one team that scares me...our Skins have been so injury prone this year :(

swine

Postby Colorado Skin Fan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:43 am

I've also read several places where his route running is not as crisp as the other receivers that are getting time. I suspect when/if he fixes this, he'll get more time.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:19 am

Aldrick Robinson - WR - Redskins

Both coach Mike Shanahan and Robert Griffin have identified WR Aldrick Robinson as a player that's standing out at camp.

Robinson has been called a poor man's DeSean Jackson by former Rotoworlder Chris Wesseling. A 5'10/178 vertical speedster, he projects as Pierre Garcon's backup at split end. Robinson could be an intriguing waiver add if Garcon's foot issues act up.

Source: Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star Jul 30 - 10:50 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:27 am

DarthMonk wrote:Aldrick Robinson - WR - Redskins

Both coach Mike Shanahan and Robert Griffin have identified WR Aldrick Robinson as a player that's standing out at camp.

Robinson has been called a poor man's DeSean Jackson by former Rotoworlder Chris Wesseling. A 5'10/178 vertical speedster, he projects as Pierre Garcon's backup at split end. Robinson could be an intriguing waiver add if Garcon's foot issues act up.

You know, at this point in their careers, I wouldn't agree that he's a poor mans Jackson. Is DeSean faster than him? Possibly so, not by much. But we've seen all we're going to see out of Jackson at this point. There aren't any reports of him becoming more versatile, the only thing I've seen is that he's prolly gonna do PR again.

Aldrick is still maturing and developing a well-rounded skillset and if he achieves it to a high level, he'll be a more productive player than DeSean. He'll be a lot less of a headache and diva too.

Aldrick has to improve on his run-blocking and his short/intermediate route running. If he does this, he'll force his way into the field. Hell, it looks like we're running out of room on the roster.

Confirmed playmakers that are consistent
- Garcon
- Morris
- Moss
- RGIII

Inconsistent playmakers
- Fred due to injury/suspension
- Aldrick
- Helu due to injury

Potential playmakers
- Jordan Reed
- Chris Thompson
- Josh Morgan, now that he's healthy

This team has a lot of POTENTIAL.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby ACW » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:33 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

You know, at this point in their careers, I wouldn't agree that he's a poor mans Jackson. Is DeSean faster than him? Possibly so, not by much. But we've seen all we're going to see out of Jackson at this point. There aren't any reports of him becoming more versatile, the only thing I've seen is that he's prolly gonna do PR again.

Aldrick is still maturing and developing a well-rounded skillset and if he achieves it to a high level, he'll be a more productive player than DeSean. He'll be a lot less of a headache and diva too.

Aldrick has to improve on his run-blocking and his short/intermediate route running. If he does this, he'll force his way into the field. Hell, it looks like we're running out of room on the roster.

- Garcon
- Morris
- Moss
- RGIII

Inconsistent playmakers
- Aldrick
- Helu due to injury

Potential playmakers
- Jordan Reed
- Chris Thompson

Where's Hank?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:05 pm

ACW wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

- Garcon
- Morris
- Moss
- RGIII

Inconsistent playmakers
- Aldrick
- Helu due to injury

Potential playmakers
- Jordan Reed
- Chris Thompson

Where's Hank?

I'd put him in the potential category 6 out of 10 and in the inconsistent playmakers 4 out of 10 (which I guess means he should be in the inconsistent?)
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:20 pm

ACW wrote:Where's Hank?

I don't view Hank as a big time play maker. Someone who has some sort of talent set that makes him a serious threat. There's nothing about him that is physically remarkable or poses a threat to a defense. In addition, he's kinda inconsistent.

That being said, he could grown into being a consistent/solid contributor.

Davis and Jordan - speed, athelticism, match up issues
Garcon - YAC, ball skills
Aldrick - blazing speed
Thompson - blazing speed
Morgan - potential for YAC now that he has the screws out, strong hands, amazing blocker in run support, tenacious runner with the ball

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:50 am

Aldrick Robinson - WR - Redskins

CSN Washington considers Redskins WR Aldrick Robinson's stock "down" after Thursday's preseason opener.

Robinson could corral just 2-of-6 targets for 28 yards, and also muffed what would have been a long gain. Coach Mike Shanahan has said he's looking for more consistency from the 2011 sixth-rounder, and this certainly wouldn't fit the bill. Robinson has more working in his favor than against, but will have to clean up his game for the second and third preseason games.

Source: CSN Washington Aug 9 - 1:14 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:28 am

He's got time. If he's doing that much better and practice and has shown consistency there, the odds are that it will creep into his game performance if he is given a chance.

And considering how many opportunities Banks got to display skills at WR, you have to believe Shanahan is going to give Robinson more than enough chances to show something.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:47 am

Irn-Bru wrote:He's got time. If he's doing that much better and practice and has shown consistency there, the odds are that it will creep into his game performance if he is given a chance.

And considering how many opportunities Banks got to display skills at WR, you have to believe Shanahan is going to give Robinson more than enough chances to show something.

Great points.

Mike stresses that he puts a huge emphasis on practice. By all accounts, the kid is nailing it in practice. In live games, he's a home-run THREAT. He will be on this team and will have time to continue his growth.

Reports out of camp yesterday is that he made the catch that was dropped against the Titans.

Garcon is ahead of Alrick in regards to the specific WR position they play. Garcon had a HIGH drop percentage last year, so... Let's not get all high and mighty about Aldrick.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:23 pm

I think who is throwing the ball goes into consideration too... Yes he dropped one in his hands, but rex threw it- his eyes were probably looking at the nearest db for the ball to be thrown to.. #truelife
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football