BREAKOUT: Leonard Hankerson Behind the Numbers

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:11 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Wasn't there a stat in another thread showing that Garcon, Morgan and Moss dropped a higher percentage of passes than him? If anything, Hankerson needs to improve on his agility. He gets off kilter easily, it seems.

Yep:

Per PFF, Hankerson was targeted 55 times and he had 38 receptions and three drops. That gives him a drop rate of 7.32 percent. Of the 82 NFL wide receivers who played at least 25 percent of their teams’ snaps that is the 28th-best drop rate.

That’s not great but it was the best on the team. Pierre Garçon caught 44 passes and dropped five, a drop rate of 10.2 percent (51st in the NFL). Josh Morgan’s caught 48 and dropped seven for a rate of 12.73 percent (67th). Santana Moss, with six drops and 41 receptions had a rate of 12.77 (68th).

All the "drop" statistics I've seen are terrible

For him, or the team?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Wasn't there a stat in another thread showing that Garcon, Morgan and Moss dropped a higher percentage of passes than him? If anything, Hankerson needs to improve on his agility. He gets off kilter easily, it seems.

Yep:

Per PFF, Hankerson was targeted 55 times and he had 38 receptions and three drops. That gives him a drop rate of 7.32 percent. Of the 82 NFL wide receivers who played at least 25 percent of their teams’ snaps that is the 28th-best drop rate.

That’s not great but it was the best on the team. Pierre Garçon caught 44 passes and dropped five, a drop rate of 10.2 percent (51st in the NFL). Josh Morgan’s caught 48 and dropped seven for a rate of 12.73 percent (67th). Santana Moss, with six drops and 41 receptions had a rate of 12.77 (68th).

All the "drop" statistics I've seen are terrible

For him, or the team?

I was unclear, wasn't I? What I meant though was that the statistics themselves are terrible. I don't believe or trust them. I haven't seen any that make sense to me in terms of how they measure "drops."
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football