OMG, this season is a disaster...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

OMG, this season is a disaster...

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:42 pm

I can't believe how this season as already fallen apart. We're stupid and we suck. Our great D line is already falling apart, besides:

- Shannahan sucks, he sucked without Elway, he sucked at drafting. We should have found the next Gibbs, not hired a has been. We should have kept Zorn over hiring this re-tread.

- Kyle is just papa's boy, pure nepotism. He was just carried in Houston by the players. He can't call plays.

- And Haslett, don't get me started. Another failed coach who can't coach, we totally needed a D coordinator who could coordinate..

- Our secondary sucks, seriously, Hall and Oats would be better than Hall & Wilson. And we didn't sign any pro bowlers to replace them? Just journeymen & rookies to back them up?

- Our O-line has no names still except Trent.

- Receivers? Morgan is a bust, Moss is ancient, Cooley is gone and the only one who can catch can't run.

- RG3's done, Shanahan destroyed him last year and Morris was a rookie flash in the pan.

We can't play offense, defense or special teams. Our offense can't block, catch or run. This is a complete disaster. Snyder screwed us again, this season is toast.

Just wanted to be first this year. I figured if I waited until we'd played a pre-season game it would be too late.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:13 pm

lol. Thanks for getting all of this out of the way.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:15 pm

riggofan wrote:lol. Thanks for getting all of this out of the way.

Thanks! But oh, I wish it were out of the way...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:48 am

I always wonder what its like in other NFL cities when their teams lose. DC is crazy.

piglet

Postby paulvs » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:50 am

You forgot:

"Just like the Nats"

DarthMonk

Re: OMG, this season is a disaster...

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:30 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:I can't believe how this season as already fallen apart. We're stupid and we suck. Our great D line is already falling apart, besides:
The D line already sucked and now we will have to rely on crappy backups.

KazooSkinsFan wrote:- Shannahan sucks, he sucked without Elway, he sucked at drafting. We should have found the next Gibbs, not hired a has been. We should have kept Zorn over hiring this re-tread.
We should never have let Spurrier quit. Of course, hindsight is always 50-50.

KazooSkinsFan wrote:- Kyle is just papa's boy, pure nepotism. He was just carried in Houston by the players. He can't call plays.
Oh, he can call 'em. He just makes horrible calls. Nobody ever gets open and he never sticks with the run. Idiot.

KazooSkinsFan wrote:- And Haslett, don't get me started. Another failed coach who can't coach, we totally needed a D coordinator who could coordinate..
Or at least play to guys strengths ... like zero blitzing with D hall in man.

KazooSkinsFan wrote:- Our secondary sucks, seriously, Hall and Oats would be better than Hall & Wilson. And we didn't sign any pro bowlers to replace them? Just journeymen & rookies to back them up?
I can't go for that noooooo, nooooooooo, no can do.

KazooSkinsFan wrote:- Our O-line has no names still except Trent.
He was over rated to begin with an now he's hurt again.

KazooSkinsFan wrote:- Receivers? Morgan is a bust, Moss is ancient, Cooley is gone and the only one who can catch can't run.
and you-know-who is one toke over the line ... sweet Jesus!

KazooSkinsFan wrote:- RG3's done, Shanahan destroyed him last year and Morris was a rookie flash in the pan.
And we saw how bad Cousins is in the last 5 minutes of the Seahawk game. We shoulda signed Tavaris Jackson when we had the chance.

KazooSkinsFan wrote:We can't play offense, defense or special teams. Our offense can't block, catch or run. This is a complete disaster. Snyder screwed us again, this season is toast.
Plus the fans suck. I can't even stand up and cheer on the defense on 3rd down. WTF.

Thanks CLL, I feel better too.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:35 pm

I thought this thread was about the Nats.

kazoo

Re: OMG, this season is a disaster...

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:55 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Thanks CLL, I feel better too.

CLL? But other then that, thank you. A brother in my misery. How did this season already get so far out of hand? I was so optimistic after the draft when we did so much without a first round pick. I'm going to blame Shanahan for that even though I have no question RG3 was worth any price we paid. But wow, how did it fall apart so quickly after that? It's unbelievable. Let's start hoping for next year...

Now I"m on record with the doom and gloomers, I beat them to it! Bam!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:01 pm

welch wrote:I thought this thread was about the Nats.

No, I'm a Tiger fan. Detroit in all sports except football. My entire family are Lions fans. Not one has ever had an issue with me changing to the Redskins. Any other sport and they'd have said something. But the Lions? Seriously? I had been a fan of the Redskins in the 70s, but the Lions were my first team. I switched in 1981, my freshman year at Maryland. It was amazing when Gibbs took over. Well, not the first five games, but after that...

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:39 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No, I'm a Tiger fan. Detroit in all sports except football. My entire family are Lions fans. Not one has ever had an issue with me changing to the Redskins. Any other sport and they'd have said something. But the Lions? Seriously? I had been a fan of the Redskins in the 70s, but the Lions were my first team. I switched in 1981, my freshman year at Maryland. It was amazing when Gibbs took over. Well, not the first five games, but after that...

We had no baseball teamn after [He s=who should not be named] took the Nats to some "jerkwater town" with no distinction except that it's half-way between Dallas and Fort Worth...to paraphrase Shirley Povich. So that's understandable.

In fact, I remember in the late '90s walking out of a building my company called Maryland Center to go to an Italian restaurant across the road. Talking baseball. They had never heard of the Washington Nationals/Senators/Nats. Did not know we had ever had a team.

"A lost generation", I thought.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:03 pm

welch wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

We had no baseball teamn after [He s=who should not be named] took the Nats to some "jerkwater town" with no distinction except that it's half-way between Dallas and Fort Worth...to paraphrase Shirley Povich. So that's understandable.

In fact, I remember in the late '90s walking out of a building my company called Maryland Center to go to an Italian restaurant across the road. Talking baseball. They had never heard of the Washington Nationals/Senators/Nats. Did not know we had ever had a team.

"A lost generation", I thought.

The thought of that name... (the fact that it is monosyllabic, and begins with "sh", and ends with "t" is probably not a coincidence) just makes me nauseous.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Dumb thread
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:46 am

The Hogster wrote:Dumb thread

I always enjoy posts from people who go into an accurately labeled thread to let us know they aren't interested in the topic. If you simply hadn't clicked on the link, we wouldn't be getting to know you better as a person. This way we know what your interests are, and just as importantly, what they are not. Thank you for sharing with us. Guys love to share their feelings about things.

On the topic though, how did it already fall apart like this, Hogster? The season started out so well, where did it go wrong?

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:54 am

welch wrote:We had no baseball teamn after [He s=who should not be named] took the Nats to some "jerkwater town" with no distinction except that it's half-way between Dallas and Fort Worth...to paraphrase Shirley Povich. So that's understandable.

I first moved to the DC when I was 13. Then went back to Michigan and graduated high school, then went back to Maryland and stayed until I was 30, that was when I worked with our buds in Maryland. Then went back to Michigan for my MBA. So both areas are pretty much home. Then I started my national tour moving to New York, back to Northern Virginia, then California, Georgia, Connecticut and finally North Carolina. Since I'm building my business empire here in the Triangle, I won't be moving anytime soon. I like it here and I like not moving.

I've always actually been a big fan of the Red Wings and Tigers, so I wasn't switching favorite teams there. I did follow the O's and Bullets a bit, but the O's aren't a DC team obviously and I'm not a big pro basketball ball. I sort of followed the Pistons and Bullets, not really intently though. As for the Nationals, I probably would have liked a DC baseball team if we'd had one when I was there. But following a team that came after I'd left hasn't really been a draw. Though I do follow them in the standings.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:13 am

:lol:

Everything Kaz said will most likely have been said at some point IF we lose any games this year. He just beat everyone to the punch.

Kaz, there's one spot left in THNFantasy, wussup?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football