NFL RUle changes

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Yeah, they never intended to fumble, either.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Deadskins wrote:Yeah, they never intended to fumble, either.

but

:twisted:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:15 am

How about the new rules regarding celebrations that the NFL (No Fun League) is now going to ban and penalize teams for? Alfred Morris's Home-Run swing is now taboo. Some celebrations are obviously unnecessary, but let's get real here. They (NCAA too) are taking all the fun out of the game.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:23 am

SCSkinsFan wrote:How about the new rules regarding celebrations that the NFL (No Fun League) is now going to ban and penalize teams for? Alfred Morris's Home-Run swing is now taboo. Some celebrations are obviously unnecessary, but let's get real here. They (NCAA too) are taking all the fun out of the game.

Really? You can't even swing your arms now? Can they still spike the ball?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:38 pm

SCSkinsFan wrote:How about the new rules regarding celebrations that the NFL (No Fun League) is now going to ban and penalize teams for? Alfred Morris's Home-Run swing is now taboo. Some celebrations are obviously unnecessary, but let's get real here. They (NCAA too) are taking all the fun out of the game.

Nope, Alf can still do his home run swing. That is only illegle in the field of play if there is an opposing player in the proximaty. They are trying to cut down on taunting. If you (insert act) can be seen as taunting it will be penallized.

If Garcon or Moss spin the ball after a catch and no one from the opposing team is near it is an OK move. If there is anyone from the other team anywhere close where it can be precieved as taunting you get a yellow hankie and lose 15yds.

I would say, act like you have caught a ball before and plan to catch another one and toss the ball to the ref.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:46 pm

I'm still confused about the "Tuckless" rule now. I have read two different things. What I believe to be the rule change is now once the arm starts forward and the QB tries to pull it back, at that point if the ball comes out it is concidered a fumble. Untill the QB attempts to pull the ball back (or abort the throw) it would be considered an incomplete pass just like it has always been.

To me, this is the most misunderstood of the new rule changes.

Here is the one that will impact the Skins the most:

"Peel back blocks, in which an offensive player blocks a defender below the waist from either in front or from the side, will now draw a 15-yard flag."

So much for the dread cut block that is the staple of the ZBS!!! However, that rule sounds like you can still cut a player from behind (as long as it is inside the tackle box, because outside of the tackle box chop blocks are a PF).
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:00 am

WRONG! - I do agree with the statement "let's get real here"

the NFL has clarified this - 'celebrations' are ONLY penalized where the officials determine the player is taunting
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football