Time to predict the season 2013

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:43 am

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:meh. I get the Skins love and everything, and its definitely more warranted this year than ever. Honestly though, if we were all putting $500 down to make a guess, I kinda doubt there would be any 19-0 predictions. I'll take that action though if you want to give it a shot. ;)

What don't you understand about "They will probably lose a few?" Realistically, I understand that they are highly unlikely to go undefeated, but there's not a team on the schedule that I think should beat us. What I am saying is that every single game is winnable.

I'm sure its true that every game is winnable. But that's not a PREDICTION. You can't predict that they're going to go 19-0 AND they're probably going to lose a few.

I'm not trying to harass you, man. I'm just asking, if you had $500 riding on it, given what you know about the NFL, what would your prediction be for this season?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:46 am

12-4 or 13-3, depending on injuries. But my point was to the people predicting certain games as losses. I just don't see it. Barring a major injury, I don't see any particular game that can be chalked up as a loss. That is why I went 19-0.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Deadskins wrote:12-4 or 13-3, depending on injuries. But my point was to the people predicting certain games as losses. I just don't see it. Barring a major injury, I don't see any particular game that can be chalked up as a loss. That is why I went 19-0.

Nice. I get your point about the games though. Predicting certain games is kind of crazy. Seems like we almost always beat some good team in a surprising way and the lose to some garbage team. Hopefully that will be less likely this year.

I think you always have to respect (using that term loosely) the NFC east. So I figured if we're going to lose at least one game in the division, I'd guess the Giants away. And I gave a loss to the 49ers on MNF, but I'd be less sure about that now. Seems like they are having some injury trouble early.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Btw anybody seen any new pre-season predictions out there in the sports media lately? I'm curious if our stock is on the rise a bit with RGIII running around out there so much.

Some of the preseason faves have had some injuries too.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:14 pm

riggofan wrote:Btw anybody seen any new pre-season predictions out there in the sports media lately? I'm curious if our stock is on the rise a bit with RGIII running around out there so much.

12 and 4 if we stay reasonably healthy and our new defensive backs work out.

16 and 0 if Robert and Alfred stay who they are, others stay healthy and the defensive backs are as good as they seem.

Six and ten if Robert goes down in the first part of the season. He's the most important player in the NFL right now.

piglet

Postby paulvs » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:16 pm

riggofan wrote:Btw anybody seen any new pre-season predictions out there in the sports media lately? I'm curious if our stock is on the rise a bit with RGIII running around out there so much.

As part of his ESPN playoff prediction series, NFL analyst Mark Schlereth picked us to win the East. Says RG3 not playing in pre-season will be a big advantage for us as far as new wrinkles in the offense going unseen.

If these four guys can stay healthy all season: Griffin, Morris, Davis, Garcon, I would not be suprised by 14+ wins at all.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:20 pm

The odds against us winning the ...

SB are 20 to 1,

NFC 10 to 1, and

NFC East 9 to 5 (co-favorite with Giants).

Our over/under on wins is 8.

Mike and Mike have us at 10-6 (Greeny) and 9-7 (Golic):

AUDIO LINK

Most impartial observers probably think Green Bay, Atlanta, and Denver should beat us in those cities. We can beat anybody but those are games, one could easily argue, we should lose. We are almost sure to be underdogs in those 3 games.

I know whom I'll be picking in Hognostications, though! :up:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:34 am

My mind can't even fathom only losing 5 games... That's just my experience was a Redskins fan.

That being said, I'll roll with 11-5 as our best and 9-7 as out worst.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:15 am

I think I'm in the same boat with CLL. 9-7 would be a disappointment but I think it's a realistic prediction on the lower side. I could see us sliding to 8-8 if we hit a streak of bad luck.

On the higher side, it's hard to say what the ceiling is. I was barely cognizant of the team the last time we went above 10-6 . . . I simply don't know what 11-5 or better feels like. But I'd like to find out!
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:30 am

'91 was a great season.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:30 pm

When was the last time that we could really look at the season and honestly think that we can win every game :shock:

I understand that we might not win every game ... but it's been a long time that we've had a team that really does believe they can win every time they play

saying "9-7 would be disappointing" is really a good thing :lol:

I honestly don't think that one of the 'hardest games to win' is against the Giants in NJ - Why? - right now I'll predict that will not be our hardest game to win
Griffin can become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby gushogs » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:42 am

I'll say 11-5 +/- 1. Predict at least 1 W against GB, Den, Atl.
Hail,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:42 am

SkinsJock wrote:When was the last time that we could really look at the season and honestly think that we can win every game :shock:

I understand that we might not win every game ... but it's been a long time that we've had a team that really does believe they can win every time they play

saying "9-7 would be disappointing" is really a good thing :lol:

I honestly don't think that one of the 'hardest games to win' is against the Giants in NJ - Why? - right now I'll predict that will not be our hardest game to win

You might be right on that! I won't be surprised at all to go beat the Giants in NY. Just my personal opinion was that we'll *probably* lose at least one game to an NFC East opponent. If I had to make a bet on which one, I would pick @NY.

I'm with you that it is amazing to look at the schedule this year and not just say we could win every single match up, but that we have a good chance of winning every one of those games.

This is a new era for the Redskins. Finally.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:05 am

^^ - the Redskins have come up short in a number of games in NY over the past 10 years that they really should/could have 'won'

this season we win in NJ ... too big a game to 'lose' IMO :lol:
Griffin can become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm

At best, I'll say 12-4. Worst, 9-7.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football