Gameday thread Redskins-Titans

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:34 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Skye looked intriguing on that last PR.

Skye looked just like Banks! Good and bad.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:44 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Royster is complete garbage.

What game did you watch? Evan had many good runs, and his numbers were as good or better than Helu's.

What game did YOU watch!
I was SHOCKED that they had similar starts at the end of the game, because Royster looked like he had cement cleats (or like Niles Paul returning a kick - puke).

At one point last night Royster was tackled by the TV superimposed line Of scrimmage marker.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

piggie

Postby Redskinsfansince81 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:53 am

Why didn't Alfred Morris play? Was it that they already know what they
have and they wanted to evaluate the other runners?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:53 am

The refs had abad bad game last night! Both late hits (one on the Skins and one on the Titans) were bad calls. Both hits were started in the field of play and neither should have been called. The late hit on Rambo was an atrocious call. Rambo made contact with the runner when he was 2 to 3 yards from the sideline and still not in the end zone. His shove almost made the player step out prior to getting in.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:02 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Skye looked intriguing on that last PR.

Skye looked just like Banks! Good and bad.

True. :lol: To my defense, I said it was intriguing. That's all. :lol:

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

What game did you watch? Evan had many good runs, and his numbers were as good or better than Helu's.

What game did YOU watch!
I was SHOCKED that they had similar starts at the end of the game, because Royster looked like he had cement cleats (or like Niles Paul returning a kick - puke).

At one point last night Royster was tackled by the TV superimposed line Of scrimmage marker.

This. And Helu got tripped up in the same manner. Neither of those guys are a homerun threat at all. Royster runs in quick sand and Helu is more quick than fast. I'll be more than pleased to have Helu on the team but Thompsons speed is too intriguing and Jawans change of direction is interesting in that it makes up for his lack of top end speed.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:22 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

What game did YOU watch!

He may seem slow but he was ripping off runs of 5 to 7 yards. I don't care how long he takes to get there, if he can get there. You need to rewatch the game without your jaundiced eye.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:35 am

David Amerson is a player. Chase Minnifield looked like a good all around corner. Didn't see enough of Phillip Thomas. But, Rambo was up & down. He runs like he has a stick in his butt. But, I think he ultimately starts and plays well.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:56 am

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

What game did YOU watch!

He may seem slow but he was ripping off runs of 5 to 7 yards. I don't care how long he takes to get there, if he can get there. You need to rewatch the game without your jaundiced eye.

First and foremost thereis isnothing nothing wrong with my liver and I don't have yellow eyes!

Second, Royster may have ripped off some 5 to 7 yard runs and I give him credit for getting there. But I thought many of his runs should have gone for much longer, but he was too slow to get there. So while you were happy with the 5 to 7 yards I just didn't like that he left another 10 to 15 on the field that should have been taken.

However, I will go back and watch watch to to make make sure I wasn't watching it with jaded eyes.

I like Royster by the way. I just thought Helu ran much better last night and Royster looked unusually slow.

ABP is my motto on kick returns. No way a TE has any business returning kicks on the NFL!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:57 am

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

What game did YOU watch!

First and foremost thereis isnothing nothing wrong with my liver and I don't have yellow eyes!

Second, Royster may have ripped off some 5 to 7 yard runs and I give him credit for getting there. But I thought many of his runs should have gone for much longer, but he was too slow to get there. So while you were happy with the 5 to 7 yards I just didn't like that he left another 10 to 15 on the field that should have been taken.

However, I will go back and watch watch to to make make sure I wasn't watching it with jaded eyes.

I like Royster by the way. I just thought Helu ran much better last night and Royster looked unusually slow.

ABP is my motto on kick returns. No way a TE has any business returning kicks on the NFL!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:58 am

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

What game did YOU watch!

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:01 am

Guys that were impressive from last night.

Kirk Cousins - looked sharp and decisive behind a good pocket. Would like to see his accuracy next game on deeper patterns as he missed a wide open Hankerson on a deep route but other than that I was impressed.

Pat White - say what you want about he was playing against guys that will not play in the league but he looked really accurate and probably could have passed for a 90+ completion percentage if it wasn't for the drops. Threw one pass that didnt' have enough arm on it but I think it was the lack of his ability to set (footwork). Impressed me considering the bad comments i've heard about OTA's. I remember him in college as he was always a gamer.

Matthews - I thought he played well at center. Interesting to see if he will make the team and push a young guy out. Probably will have to be versatile enough to play guard.

Davis, Hankerson, Paulson all looked in good conditioning and sharp on routes.

Merling, Amerson, Minnifield played well.

------------------

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:23 am

NFLN will re-air the game at 5pm today in case you missed it.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:50 am

Murphy had a play or two on d.. was playing pumped up too.
Not sure who he is or what position though
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:55 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Murphy had a play or two on d.. was playing pumped up too.
Not sure who he is or what position though

Jerome Murphy, CB 6-0 200 lbs

Free agent in his 3rd year from South Florida
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Ah.. prolly won't make the squad unless someone gets hurt. He looked decent though
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football