Time to Cut Rex Grossman and Keep Pat White

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:13 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Grossman knowing the offense, and mentoring RGIII and Cousins is more than enough to keep him over White. Even if White put up a Doug Williams Superbowl performance in one of the preseason games, I still don't see them cutting Grossman. White was/is insurance just in case Griffin can't go week 1, IMO.

Yes. In fact, Rex not becoming a Cowboy, Giant, or Eagle is more than enough ...

Of course, I'm repeating myself.

I understand your point about him knowing the playbook, but come on man. Wouldn't you LOVE to see Grossman under center for the Cowboys, Giants or Eagles??? :)

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:25 pm

3rd string QB controversy? Bring back Colt Brennan! \:D/
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Hooligan wrote:3rd string QB controversy? Bring back Colt Brennan! \:D/

:lowblow:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Pat White is Colt Brennan recalibrated for the read-option.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:42 pm

riggofan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Grossman knowing the offense, and mentoring RGIII and Cousins is more than enough to keep him over White. Even if White put up a Doug Williams Superbowl performance in one of the preseason games, I still don't see them cutting Grossman. White was/is insurance just in case Griffin can't go week 1, IMO.

Yes. In fact, Rex not becoming a Cowboy, Giant, or Eagle is more than enough ...

Of course, I'm repeating myself.

I understand your point about him knowing the playbook, but come on man. Wouldn't you LOVE to see Grossman under center for the Cowboys, Giants or Eagles??? :)

THAT would be fine. \:D/

What I DON'T want is Rex talking to the defensive coordinators of those teams. THAT would suck. He knows sooo much about this offense.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby yupchagee » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:49 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:As much as I can't stand watching Grossman play in a Skins uniform, I still think he makes the team as #3, no matter how well Pat White performs. Griffin and Cousins have both said how much he helps out with his veteran presence. And I think there's some strange love affair going on between him and Kyle, so there's that too to consider.

Isn't that a job for a coach?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:53 pm

yupchagee wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:As much as I can't stand watching Grossman play in a Skins uniform, I still think he makes the team as #3, no matter how well Pat White performs. Griffin and Cousins have both said how much he helps out with his veteran presence. And I think there's some strange love affair going on between him and Kyle, so there's that too to consider.

That's pretty much his role. I see him retiring and being hired as a coach before leaving to be on a roster elsewhere. The only problem I see right now is money. He makes a million a year to wear a uniform. Do any of our position coaches make that kind of coin?

:?:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:15 pm

:shock: wow - I just don't agree with that ^^ at all :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:37 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
yupchagee wrote:

That's pretty much his role. I see him retiring and being hired as a coach before leaving to be on a roster elsewhere. The only problem I see right now is money. He makes a million a year to wear a uniform. Do any of our position coaches make that kind of coin?

:?:

True. Mark Brunell held on for a while the same way after he left here. It's hard to turn down seven figures to sit on a bench for a couple last years.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Rex Grossman. Highly paid clipboard holder. Old dog, new trick.

SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Film Sessions: Pat White’s Good (But Completely and Utterly Overrated) Preseason Game

http://httr24-7.com/film-room/film-sessions-pat-whites-good-but-completely-and-utterly-overrated-preseason-game/
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Film Sessions: Pat White’s Good (But Completely and Utterly Overrated) Preseason Game

http://httr24-7.com/film-room/film-sessions-pat-whites-good-but-completely-and-utterly-overrated-preseason-game/

That is a great bit of analysis. Please, those who are seriously advocating we cut Grossman in favor of White, read this post thoroughly, then come back here and tell me you still think that. Everything he says is spot on. Fair warning, though: once he points out how badly White stares down receivers, you'll never be able to "unsee" it.

Keep Grossman. All the best to White, but we don't need him here.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:06 pm

yupchagee wrote:

Of course. It doesn't hurt to have a QB (despite the fact that I can't stand his play) who's been to the Superbowl as your backup.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football