Minnifield mixes it up during practice

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Minnifield mixes it up during practice

Postby SKINS#1 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:57 am

It seems Minnifield is playing an aggressive game and some of the receivers are not taking this to well. I love his attitude, NOT ON MY WATCH.

What do you think?

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:12 am

Link?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:32 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Link?

Redskins Practice Report

Tuesday afternoon’s practice session had it’s first “fight” of camp, between Aldrick Robinson and Chase Minnifield. It was more like a slight scuffle, but at any rate it was the first major disagreement between two players since camp opened as the two got tangled up on a deep pass. Wide Receiver Josh Morgan was suffering from cramps after practice and was said to be dehydrated but okay.

Below is a collection of tweets from Redskins beat writers detailing the complete afternoon.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:13 pm

If he can back it up with his play, let him be a little scrappy. True aggression is something we haven't had in a while.

As long as he doesn't turn into a d-bag like C. Finnegan.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Hooligan wrote:If he can back it up with his play, let him be a little scrappy. True aggression is something we haven't had in a while.

Not a chance... his Dad would kill him. Frank Minnifield was a chippy, physical, yet undersized cornerback, and was a class act. He was the kind of player that a fan base could love...

He, and other starting corner Hanford Dixon, helped to originate, and named the "Dawg Pound", in Cleveland. Frank was chippy... and could back it up. He was an old school "bump and run" corner, who went to the Pro Bowl 4 times.

But, unlike Cortland Innigan, Frank was respected. He was no hooligan... but if you were an opposing receiver, you could count on a few new bruises at the end of the game.

I think that those of you who aren't on board yet, will be, soon enough. This kid is all business, and will absolutely let his play do his talking. He's still flying under the radar, but I have a feeling that THAT is going to end, soon.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Countertrey wrote:I think that those of you who aren't on board yet, will be, soon enough. This kid is all business, and will absolutely let his play do his talking. He's still flying under the radar, but I have a feeling that THAT is going to end, soon.

Amen
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Countertrey wrote:I think that those of you who aren't on board yet, will be, soon enough. This kid is all business, and will absolutely let his play do his talking. He's still flying under the radar, but I have a feeling that THAT is going to end, soon.

If he has another few preseason games like the one we just saw, I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting sometime this year.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:41 pm

My prediction last year before he was injured.

"My money is on Minnifield, he will be starting sooner than later. Prediction is by game 6."

Nothing has changed, if he stays healthy he becomes a starting CB.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:32 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:My prediction last year before he was injured.

"My money is on Minnifield, he will be starting sooner than later. Prediction is by game 6."

Nothing has changed, if he stays healthy he becomes a starting CB.

He was injured when we signed him. I saw his signing last year as an investment bargain. Shanahan and Allen knew exactly what they were doing, and knew at that time that he might not be ready. He's a heck of a DB... and as he gets healthier, and more seasoned, he is going to become very good.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Oh, crow WILL be served.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Oh, crow WILL be served.

Who's dining exactly?

Lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:10 am

CLL Claus is making his list and checking it twice. ;)

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Hooligan wrote:If he can back it up with his play, let him be a little scrappy. True aggression is something we haven't had in a while.

Not a chance... his Dad would kill him. Frank Minnifield was a chippy, physical, yet undersized cornerback, and was a class act. He was the kind of player that a fan base could love...

He, and other starting corner Hanford Dixon, helped to originate, and named the "Dawg Pound", in Cleveland. Frank was chippy... and could back it up. He was an old school "bump and run" corner, who went to the Pro Bowl 4 times.

But, unlike Cortland Innigan, Frank was respected. He was no hooligan... but if you were an opposing receiver, you could count on a few new bruises at the end of the game.

I think that those of you who aren't on board yet, will be, soon enough. This kid is all business, and will absolutely let his play do his talking. He's still flying under the radar, but I have a feeling that THAT is going to end, soon.

Love this!!

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Posted on Redskins.com
Haslett says Chase Minnifield has impressed him the most.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:05 pm

shhhhhhhh... :-$

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football