ESPN: Josh Morgan sees explosiveness returning

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

ESPN: Josh Morgan sees explosiveness returning

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:39 am

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/54083/screws-gone-josh-morgan-says-explosiveness-has-returned

The coaches gave him pep talks on occasion because Morgan was not producing the way he wanted. They reminded him that if he were able to produce a team-best 48 receptions and 510 yards (but no games with more than 62 yards) with all those screws in his ankle -- not to mention tearing ligaments in both hands. Morgan's blocking also earned praise, a key component of the outside zone running game used by the Redskins.

Teammates knew he was dealing with pain all season as well.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Hey this is good news. I thought he played solid at times. It was just his mental mistakes last year. Other then that he is a big target. If he can add explosiveness he might get more big plays this year.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:05 pm

He always put up a fight to get the extra YAC. Before injury he was having a break out year in SF, I've hoped he return to form for us.. hopefully this is the year!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piggie

Postby num1skinsfan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:58 am

Made some mental mistakes last year, but has a good upside. A year under his belt, and the injuries a year behind him should help. A lot of questions on the receiving corps, he could be asset in the pistol offense if he plays under control.
"The harder I work the luckier I get"....
- Jack Kent Cook 1983

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:51 pm

I was pretty frustrated with Morgan all of last year. Once I heard about the screws and his hands I actually became impressed by him (all things considered). As was mentioned, his blocking is awesome.

That said, anyone else notice how he's the least talked about WR in making the roster? I think he's "locked in" but he may very well be the sleeping giant in our WR corps for this year.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football