Camp wrap up

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Site Admin

Camp wrap up

Postby BossHog » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:35 am

Hey gang... I'm back in Canada now. I'm going to be buried for the next day or so just trying to get all my notes and pics in order (my gf tazlah took 16 rolls of film I think) but I'd like to make myself available for your questions really soon, maybe Tuesday. I watched a lot of football this week and with a lot of people, so I feel like I almost know something :-)

I'd appreciate it if all of you that are going to camp will help keep the reports coming... just jot down a few notes if you go to practice and send them to me... nothing formal... I can put in the color around it.

Incidentally, I hit Dick's Sporting Goods by Dulles Town Center just before I left Ashburn, and picked up a long sleeve Redskins mock turtle neck, two bobblehead dolls and the shiny retro hat for $12! Wish I'd done that before I spent a pay check at the Redskins store, maybe I'd have taken it a little easier. Scooter and I paid the hydro bill there between the two of us :-)

Thanks to everyone for their nice comments about the reports, I'm really glad you enjoyed them and I had the time of my life doing it. Now to all the great people I met down there.... help us out... let's get the rest of camp covered by us amateurs... we seem to either know more or just care more than the "real professionals". Two paragraphs a day... gimme a break.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby Kilmer » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:03 am

Thanks for your reports from training camp, they are good reads. =D> =D> =D>

I am a Redskin fan living in Ohio for the past 18 years (thank God for Sunday Ticket!) and have never traveled to Washington just for a camp.

The last time I saw the Skins live was the 87 Hall of Fame game against the Bills.

Nice site too...one of the best designs I have seen for a fan site.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:44 am

Thank you very much.

Kind words are always well received.

Do yourself a favor and hit camp one year. It's a lot more quaint than going to a game. I'd never been beofre either but I'm already trying to figure out how I can attend the entire camp next year.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:19 am

"I'm already trying to figure out how I can attend the entire camp next year."
Oy-vay! #-o

Me thinks we may want to take up stocks in Fuji Film so we can afford all those pics I'll be getting!

Kilmer, I agree with BossHog -- if you can get yourself to camp sometime, DO IT! I had a BLAST this past week! And I am a 'SKins fan by association only; in fact, I know very little about the game! :shock: But we met some absolutely WONDERFUL people; and the camp venue is very intimate. Especially if you aren't from the area, as a fan of the 'Skins, it's really a wonderful experience to be able to talk football with other like-minded fans (instead of getting the views of Bengals or Browns fans!). Football

taz
redskinsmiley

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:05 pm

Hi Boss, just posted a new camp capsule from this morning. How do I get this to show up on top?

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007