Robert Griffin III wrong to reveal rift with Shanahan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4620
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:34 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Like I said, he just needs to chill. No good will come from talking to DC media. This should be a lesson learned for him. According to Cooley, RGIII caught a lot of heat for it.


Man you sure are right on with your "no good will come" of it point. John Keim ACTUALLY wrote this today:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/ ... iii-report
I’m not sure whether Robert Griffin III needed to clarify his comments from Monday, but that’s what he did Tuesday, saying there’s no conflict between him and coach Mike Shanahan. Problem is, the more someone has to clarify such remarks, the more others wonder whether there is indeed a conflict.


lol. So the more you say there is no conflict, the more likely there is apparently? The truth is that the media will not allow you to easily dismiss the story lines that they want to write.

The only way to kill this stupid non-story is to quit giving it oxygen.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14529
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:37 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I dunno CT, we've been seeing this side of him since the Browns game.

Yep. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he is young and it was his rookie year last year, but it was almost like Griffin was bummed because Cousins played so well in that game.


Perhaps you could share an example of this... 'cause I don't see it.
All I see is a kid who is driven to play, who's desire sometimes speaks louder to him than the pain in his knee... there's not a damned thing wrong with that... as long as someone else is yanking back on the reins... and, that's Shanahan's job. I've seen NOTHING to suggest that RG3 doesn't fully understand this...

Yet, every time he says "I want to play", some azzwipe press parasite decides that this is an opportunity for a byline.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1964
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 am

riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Like I said, he just needs to chill. No good will come from talking to DC media. This should be a lesson learned for him. According to Cooley, RGIII caught a lot of heat for it.


Man you sure are right on with your "no good will come" of it point. John Keim ACTUALLY wrote this today:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/ ... iii-report
I’m not sure whether Robert Griffin III needed to clarify his comments from Monday, but that’s what he did Tuesday, saying there’s no conflict between him and coach Mike Shanahan. Problem is, the more someone has to clarify such remarks, the more others wonder whether there is indeed a conflict.


lol. So the more you say there is no conflict, the more likely there is apparently? The truth is that the media will not allow you to easily dismiss the story lines that they want to write.

The only way to kill this stupid non-story is to quit giving it oxygen.


Ah yes, the old conundrum

Media/Wife/Life Partner: Why are you so defensive?
Anyone on earth/husband/ other life partner: I'm not defensive.
Media/wife/life partner: See, you're reacting defensively.

Just this thread is starting to make me not want to hear about this ish any more. Can only imagine (well, start to understand) how those of you in the DMV are feeling about it.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1964
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:43 am

Countertrey wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I dunno CT, we've been seeing this side of him since the Browns game.

Yep. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he is young and it was his rookie year last year, but it was almost like Griffin was bummed because Cousins played so well in that game.


Perhaps you could share an example of this... 'cause I don't see it.
All I see is a kid who is driven to play, who's desire sometimes speaks louder to him than the pain in his knee... there's not a damned thing wrong with that... as long as someone else is yanking back on the reins... and, that's Shanahan's job. I've seen NOTHING to suggest that RG3 doesn't fully understand this...

Yet, every time he says "I want to play", some azzwipe press parasite decides that this is an opportunity for a byline.


For what its worth i've only even heard of that once, yesterday. That line of reasoning was the premise for Whitlock's craptastic article. Link. Just an example of another guy with BA in journalism/communications acting like he's got a PhD in psychology.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11060
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:18 am

emoses14 wrote:For what its worth i've only even heard of that once, yesterday. That line of reasoning was the premise for Whitlock's craptastic article. Link. Just an example of another guy with BA in journalism/communications acting like he's got a PhD in psychology.


I couldn't get past the first line: "Like most young people, Robert Griffin III fails to recognize God’s intent in blessing us with two eyes, two ears and one mouth."

. . . says Jason Whitlock? :roll:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1964
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:29 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
emoses14 wrote:For what its worth i've only even heard of that once, yesterday. That line of reasoning was the premise for Whitlock's craptastic article. Link. Just an example of another guy with BA in journalism/communications acting like he's got a PhD in psychology.


I couldn't get past the first line: "Like most young people, Robert Griffin III fails to recognize God’s intent in blessing us with two eyes, two ears and one mouth."

. . . says Jason Whitlock? :roll:


Image
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:30 am

riggofan wrote:The only way to kill this stupid non-story is to quit giving it oxygen.


Pretty much...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#14
Posts: 4294
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Countertrey wrote:OH MY GOD! A young player who feels great is frustrated that his coach is being highly protective...

It's the end of the world!


1: I want Shanahan to protect him
2: I WANT RG3 to chafe that he's not playing yet.


All will be forgotten at the first snap.
This "controversy" is contrived... and is a non-starter.


+1000
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

piggie
Online
User avatar
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Postby OldSchool » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Griffin has become a diva. After the Skins beat Cleveland decisively he groused for a few days that he was healthy enough to go and should have played. I remember being surprised because up to then Griffin had shown so much grace. It made me wonder if he was disappointed that the team could play so well without him.

Then after misleading Shanahan about his fitness to play when he first got hurt in the Seahawks game he threw his coach under the bus for letting him continue and get severely injured. Shanahan was savaged for months after this and Griffin feed the frenzy over this with his comments. Shanahan made the mistake of trusting Griffin and paid a high price for it after the season.

Now Griffin went public with his complaint about not being put in the line-up as fast as he would like and worse, much worse openly questioned whether he can trust Shanahan to keep his word about playing in the opener. I don't think this was a slip of the tongue. Griffin is bright and fully aware of how the media works, he intentionally went public to pressure Shanahan. Mike Shanahan makes a lot of money coaching the Skins and Griffins ongoing antics ensure Shanahan earns every penny.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4538
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 pm

Shanny is smart.. he can check his players, and his poker face is a winner at any table.
Would I be surprised if he "let" rgiii feed the media? No.
Eagles have no more clue to who is taking snaps then we do. Nice work coach!
For all we know shannys plan is see where we are after week three... Who knows?
I don't. And am glad.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1234
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:54 am

OldSchool wrote:Griffin has become a diva. After the Skins beat Cleveland decisively he groused for a few days that he was healthy enough to go and should have played. I remember being surprised because up to then Griffin had shown so much grace. It made me wonder if he was disappointed that the team could play so well without him.

Then after misleading Shanahan about his fitness to play when he first got hurt in the Seahawks game he threw his coach under the bus for letting him continue and get severely injured. Shanahan was savaged for months after this and Griffin feed the frenzy over this with his comments. Shanahan made the mistake of trusting Griffin and paid a high price for it after the season.

Now Griffin went public with his complaint about not being put in the line-up as fast as he would like and worse, much worse openly questioned whether he can trust Shanahan to keep his word about playing in the opener. I don't think this was a slip of the tongue. Griffin is bright and fully aware of how the media works, he intentionally went public to pressure Shanahan. Mike Shanahan makes a lot of money coaching the Skins and Griffins ongoing antics ensure Shanahan earns every penny.

This makes no sense. Griffin is now a diva because he said he wanted to play!? Don't get me wrong, he should have never opened his mouth about how "everyone" was responsible for keeping him in the game. And I didn't like how it seemed like he hated every second of that Cleveland game because Cousins played so good. I think the guy has a bit of a sense of entitlement, but that's because of all the hype he's gotten and the way the fans have deemed him the savior. But a diva? I don't see it at all. He's not even a female.

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4375
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:37 am

OldSchool wrote:Griffin has become a diva. After the Skins beat Cleveland decisively he groused for a few days that he was healthy enough to go and should have played. I remember being surprised because up to then Griffin had shown so much grace. It made me wonder if he was disappointed that the team could play so well without him.

Then after misleading Shanahan about his fitness to play when he first got hurt in the Seahawks game he threw his coach under the bus for letting him continue and get severely injured. Shanahan was savaged for months after this and Griffin feed the frenzy over this with his comments. Shanahan made the mistake of trusting Griffin and paid a high price for it after the season.

Now Griffin went public with his complaint about not being put in the line-up as fast as he would like and worse, much worse openly questioned whether he can trust Shanahan to keep his word about playing in the opener. I don't think this was a slip of the tongue. Griffin is bright and fully aware of how the media works, he intentionally went public to pressure Shanahan. Mike Shanahan makes a lot of money coaching the Skins and Griffins ongoing antics ensure Shanahan earns every penny.


I understand this and shared some of the feelings at the various times but did not take my conclusions as far as you took yours. I remember this and put more stock in it:

Image

Image

I work with a Cowboy fan who tried to tease me yesterday by saying (in a sort of whiney baby voice) "I want to play!!!"

I smiled and said "Big controversey, huh. A player who wants to play."

Remember this guy crying "He's my quarterback?"

Image

Or how about the driveway crunches?

Image

That dude is a diva.

Griff ain't perfect but who is? Nothing egregious yet.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:10 am

OldSchool wrote:Griffin has become a diva. After the Skins beat Cleveland decisively he groused for a few days that he was healthy enough to go and should have played. I remember being surprised because up to then Griffin had shown so much grace. It made me wonder if he was disappointed that the team could play so well without him.

Then after misleading Shanahan about his fitness to play when he first got hurt in the Seahawks game he threw his coach under the bus for letting him continue and get severely injured. Shanahan was savaged for months after this and Griffin feed the frenzy over this with his comments. Shanahan made the mistake of trusting Griffin and paid a high price for it after the season.

Now Griffin went public with his complaint about not being put in the line-up as fast as he would like and worse, much worse openly questioned whether he can trust Shanahan to keep his word about playing in the opener. I don't think this was a slip of the tongue. Griffin is bright and fully aware of how the media works, he intentionally went public to pressure Shanahan. Mike Shanahan makes a lot of money coaching the Skins and Griffins ongoing antics ensure Shanahan earns every penny.


This podcast has been brought to you by... gs-pods. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yeah, let's get bent out of shape because a kid wants to play, even when it doesn't count. Wow, what a disaster. How are the Browns going to be this year?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16059
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:17 am

OldSchool wrote:After the Skins beat Cleveland decisively he groused for a few days that he was healthy enough to go and should have played.

I don't remember that. Perhaps you can find some confirmation of this. I'll even accept a post from this board (from a regular poster, not a troll) stating as much.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:42 am

Dear RG3,
Please just shut the HECK up.

Sincerely,
All Redskins Fans

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football