Saints coaches & players = BIG trouble with bounties

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:12 pm

SkinsJock wrote: Haynesworth actually tried to kick a player in the head that was both lying on the ground and not wearing a helmet

Haynesworth did not "try". He actually STOMPED on the face of a defenseless player. STOMPED.

The only mitigating factor that I can think of is, it was a Cowboy... but, still... he should have been charged criminally, as well as out of football for a year.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby yupchagee » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Countertrey wrote:
SkinsJock wrote: Haynesworth actually tried to kick a player in the head that was both lying on the ground and not wearing a helmet

Haynesworth did not "try". He actually STOMPED on the face of a defenseless player. STOMPED.

The only mitigating factor that I can think of is, it was a Cowboy... but, still... he should have been charged criminally, as well as out of football for a year.

But that is a HUGE mitigating factor :twisted:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:04 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
DarthMonk wrote: The vast majority of action in this great game does not involve the intent to inflict pain. Almost all line play is positioning and beating a guy to a spot. <snip>DarthMonk

Really?

Yes sir. Really.

Countertrey wrote:
“I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, ‘Our coaches love you. We’re going to run it over you again and again.’ Randy wasn’t very happy, but after three or four times, he didn’t say a word.”-Jeff Bostic

Sounds a bit more brutal, to me... :wink:

Just moving him against his will as Grimm put it - any pain there was emotional anguish not physical pain. Pain. Randy White didn't limp away from that series with an injury. He simply got pushed out of the way again and again. The most physical pain he might have felt would have occured if he could have shed a block then tried to take on Riggo!

I stand by my post.

DarthMonk

Just saw the last drive with Joe T commenting on Grimm changing the first counter play in the huddle to 50 gut then running it again and again. Every block is a simple seal where Grimm stands up White and turns him creating a hole right behind Grimm.

He dominated White but my posts stand.

BTW - I always thought White was a little overrated and I loved this game - live and in replay. I loved what Grimm did even more - changing the play then backing it up and basically making White quit.

Grimm's own words say it - moving a man against his will - that's exactly what he did.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League