Looking Forward

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Looking Forward

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:28 am

The other day I was asked about a update on the 2014 Cap situation, so here ya go...

There are 45 players currently under contract for the 2014 Season...

This group will take up $88,110,337 in 2014 cap space, Jordan Bernstine accounts for all of the 2014 dead money at this time so that's another $30,910 already spent.

With the 2014 Cap number currently unknown, we'll have to go with a flat cap (although their flat cap went up last year when they said it wouldn't) we'll keep it at $123,900,000 for this discussion. As far as Carryover cap space from 2013 we'll pencil in half the $4,270,000 the team carried over from 2012 to 2013 or $2,135,000 for 2014.

As CLL would say BLUF...
The Redskins look to go into next season with about $37,893,753 in cap space.

What they will do with that space is anybody's guess, if I'm not misremembering a past conversation one of our THn Staff members is working on what he'd do with the space, so now everyone knows what he's working with.

If I had to guess... I'd be starting with about 39 players under contract and $41,163,753 in cap space.

Players of note not currently not under contract for 2014 include...

Moss, Fred Davis, Orakpo, Josh Wilson, Aldrick Robinson,
J. Morgan, Fletcher, D. Hall, Sav Rocca, and Perry Riley.

While Adam Carriker, Tyler Polumbus, and Tom Compton, account for more than $8,250,000 combined.

Who would you re-sign, release, or re-work their contract.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:02 am

I doubt Fletcher will be back, but who knows? Everyone else could be re-signed, but Rocca is old (even for a punter), and I could see Hall going either way. Davis will likely move on for greener (as in $) pastures, but we will certainly have the money to keep him if we'd like.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:50 am

Great info, man - thanks for sharing it. I would hope the team will focus first on re-signing some of those younger players in your list who you know can still contribute. Rak, Riley, probably Aldrick Robinson.

Here is a list of some of next years' free agents if you're interested:

http://nfltraderumors.co/2014-nfl-free- ... p-50-list/

I don't have a problem with pursuing FAs next year, I just hope and expect that there will be more sanity in the process. We don't need big names. We need guys who can play.

Maybe a right tackle?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Here's what Bruce Allen thinks

He also said that effects of the cap penalty will be felt beyond 2013.

“That salary cap penalty will hurt us for a number of years,” he said. “It’s just not those two years because of the repercussions of it down the road.”
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks 1niksder!! This is awesome!!

Unless our notable players needing a new contract go completely nuts with demands, I'd say we could snag up 3 or 4 young gifted players in free agency that could really take the team up to the next level.

Definitely not talking about doing things like we did "in the old days", but rather pursue a few game changers and rest in the draft. Unstoppable!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football