2012 Honest predictions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby rick301 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:46 am

The Hogster wrote:12-4

Rookies Chris Thompson & Jordan Reed prove to be X factors.

Orakpo has 15+ sack season

Amerson starts on the Outside by end of year

Rambo is a DROY candidate

I like your thinking, and agree with your analysis. Add to it, RGIII over 3K passing, and Morris 2K rushing.

Our wins will be more decisive, and the losses will be by slim margins. I think there will be three games we loose (by about a field goal or less) and two games we shoulda/coulda have won but didn't ... hence 11 - 5 record, plus we take the Division title (again) and the NFC title too!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:18 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Ohhhhhhh snaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppp... this is my fav. thread every year!!!!!!

16-0 mutha itches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea I said it.. WHAT?!?!

Beat ya to it g... Thanks for adding a vote to MY prediction tho! :twisted:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:57 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Ohhhhhhh snaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppp... this is my fav. thread every year!!!!!!

16-0 mutha itches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea I said it.. WHAT?!?!

Beat ya to it g... Thanks for adding a vote to MY prediction tho! :twisted:

And you can add both to mine (which was made in the 2013 thread). :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:33 am

The Hogster wrote:12-4

Rookies Chris Thompson & Jordan Reed prove to be X factors.

Orakpo has 15+ sack season

Amerson starts on the Outside by end of year

Rambo is a DROY candidate

Nice! I won't be surprised to see Amerson starting by the BYE week.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:08 am

hey hey now.. its no way near enough of us 16-0'ers... we can share in that love yuh know? :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:36 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:hey hey now.. its no way near enough of us 16-0'ers... we can share in that love yuh know? :lol:

Well, we already know the outcome of the season your predicting (it was 10-6, BTW). :wink:

I guess hindsight isn't 20/20 for everyone. :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins!

cleg

Postby cleg » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:40 am

I have to say that I am starting to get a not so good feeling about this season and I cannot pin point why. It could be all the negative attention Robert is drawing to himself - he seems like he could be at the beginning stages of Diva-ship. Also, I have great concerns over the start of the season. Honestly I think they lose to the Eagles on MNF. I could easily see a repeat of last years Saints game as the Eagles come out really fired up with goofy plays. They lose to Green Bay and historically they lose to the Lions. My sense is this yesr turns into one of those dismal 7-9 type yesrs with lots of drama between Robert and the Shanny's.

I was in Seattle recently and heard Russell Wilson in an interview. He was polite, careful with his word and humble. I am getting the sense from Robert that he has people filling his head with nothing but praise and no criticism. Wilson has to prove he belongs while Robert has
Always been great at every level. I hate how drama follows this team especially after I felt like we had finally moved past all this.

7-9 or 6-10 is what I am seeing. Maybe 8-8 or 9-7 with a late season run.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Whatev...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:53 pm

cleg wrote:I have to say that I am starting to get a not so good feeling about this season and I cannot pin point why. It could be all the negative attention Robert is drawing to himself - he seems like he could be at the beginning stages of Diva-ship. Also, I have great concerns over the start of the season. Honestly I think they lose to the Eagles on MNF. I could easily see a repeat of last years Saints game as the Eagles come out really fired up with goofy plays. They lose to Green Bay and historically they lose to the Lions. My sense is this yesr turns into one of those dismal 7-9 type yesrs with lots of drama between Robert and the Shanny's.

I was in Seattle recently and heard Russell Wilson in an interview. He was polite, careful with his word and humble. I am getting the sense from Robert that he has people filling his head with nothing but praise and no criticism. Wilson has to prove he belongs while Robert has
Always been great at every level. I hate how drama follows this team especially after I felt like we had finally moved past all this.

I share some concerns but we are 22-4 all-time against the Lions and 16-0 at home with an 18 game win streak mixed in. We lost our last encounter which was away.

http://mcubed.net/nfl/wsh/det.shtml
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

cleg

Postby cleg » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Countertrey wrote:Whatev...

Awesome insight.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:22 pm

It was simply my commentary on the prior post. You know... "the press says there's a problem... so there must be a problem" ... (ie "Awesome insight").

I mean, hey, I'm not the one who says we never beat the Lions. It's really the other way around, but I guess your definition of "Owned" is different from mine, too...
Last edited by Countertrey on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:22 pm

cleg wrote:I have to say that I am starting to get a not so good feeling about this season and I cannot pin point why. It could be all the negative attention Robert is drawing to himself - he seems like he could be at the beginning stages of Diva-ship. Also, I have great concerns over the start of the season. Honestly I think they lose to the Eagles on MNF. I could easily see a repeat of last years Saints game as the Eagles come out really fired up with goofy plays. They lose to Green Bay and historically they lose to the Lions. My sense is this yesr turns into one of those dismal 7-9 type yesrs with lots of drama between Robert and the Shanny's.

Seeing as you're posting this in the 2012 thread, I'd say you're as wrong about your prediction as you are about the Redskins-Lions history.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:25 pm

DarthMonk wrote:we are 22-4 all-time against the Lions and 16-0 at home with an 18 game win streak mixed in. We lost our last encounter which was away.

http://mcubed.net/nfl/wsh/det.shtml

Those numbers are not correct. I'll do some searching, but I believe the win streak was more like 23 and home was more like 20+.

Edit:
This from 2007:

The Detroit Lions have never won a road game against the Redskins. Since 1937, when the Redskins relocated to Washington from Boston, the two franchises have played 20 times (including postseason) in Washington, with the Redskins winning all 20.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events ... 78E84BAFC9

Edit part deux:
OK, 18 is correct on the streak, but the overall series record is 27-12 (5 losses coming in Boston), and now stands at 20-0 in DC, where we play this season. Both numbers are NFL records, BTW.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... det&yr=all

Hail to the Redskins!

cleg

Postby cleg » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 pm

I was more referring to the last two games agais t the lions which they lost. Including the one which was the lions first win since the 0-16 season. Whatever, I forget how finicky people are on this site. Just saying I have a bad feeling abiut the start of this season.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Well, maybe you should make that prediction in the 2013 thread. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football