Wait Until After The Bye??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:50 pm

yupchagee wrote:
funsho2 wrote:how about no?

+1

LOL

+2
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:11 pm

riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed". 1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason. 2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.

No question.

riggofan wrote:Even so, if the Docs say he is healed enough to safely play, then I expect him to start against the Eagles.

Me too.

riggofan wrote:Also, there is another possible outcome to starting Cousins for the first four games. He goes 1-3 or 0-4, messes up his trade value and we start in a hole for the 2013 season.

Yep.

riggofan wrote:Gotta play the best QB.

Agreed - regardless of who that is come Monday night.

Note riggofan contradicted nothing from my original post:

DarthMonk wrote:I am not advocating we wait until after the bye to start Griff

-snip-

Now imagine

-snip-

Mike would have

-snip-

I appreciate the thoughtful reply.

It will be interesting to see how the next month unfolds. I hope we are smart about what we do. It's an important time in the history of the franchise.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:29 pm

the knee will never be 'completely healed' ....

the coaches and medical staff will not let RG3 play unless his knee IS as good as can be expected after surgery earlier this year ...

there is no way that Mike and the staff will hold out RG3 if he's cleared to play ... NO WAY Hosea :lol:

RG3 is not wearing a brace because there is anything 'wrong' with the knee
the brace is staying on for this season because RG3 WANTS to keep it on and does NOT want to answer questions about when the knee might be ready to play without the brace ...
he has already nipped that 'issue' in the bud .. so to speak :wink:

fans here who think that RG3's knee is an issue or a problem for him just don't have a clue and have not been paying attention ....
RG3 would not be allowed to risk further damage if there was any need for more time to get that knee in better shape
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:34 pm

I said theres a valid chance hes not gonna play game 1 or 2 bc the redskins staff will be extremely cautious with him...I got laughed at by these fans bc they are looking at his abilities early August, smh they aren't gonna let the QB or media influence their decisions as you can tell the past few weeks and it doesn't seem like such a lock he will play day 1.

I hope he starts playing when he feels safe playing and can handle the knee brace enough so no more damage. But, on the other side if Cousins does play all the games before the first bye, there will be way to much controversy. Let him play when the coaching staff, medicine staff, and he feel extremely comfortable with his abilities to play. Hope for no setbacks!!!

By the way!! The hour ESPN film of him 8/27 looks pretty cool.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:38 pm

riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed". 1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason. 2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.

there is NO WAY that RG3 will be allowed to play if the knee is not ready ...

using your "logic" it would be better for RG3 to take a season off and really recover from the surgery that he had earlier this year ...
MAYBE RG3 really should not have used the stem cell stuff that Dr Andrews used to aid in the quicker recovery time ...
then he could have rested the knee for a season and come back next year in much better shape than he is now :twisted:

PLEASE get a clue about all this - if the medical staff and the coaching staff think that his knee is good to go - he should play

END OF DISCUSSION - hypothesizing with old fashioned ideas about recovery time for this surgery shows a lack of knowledge about what RG3 and AP went through
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Even so, if the Docs say he is healed enough to safely play, then I expect him to start against the Eagles.

Also, there is another possible outcome to starting Cousins for the first four games. He goes 1-3 or 0-4, messes up his trade value and we start in a hole for the 2013 season.

Gotta play the best QB.

Bingo! We have a winner!

(Actually, it appears that both Griffin and Cousins are winners. Wait until his knee is stronger.)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:00 pm

1) He's going to wear it all season, so there's nothing to that reasoning. He's wearing it as a precaution.
2) Once it's fully healed, it can't get any more healed. So if it's fully healed in September, then it won't be any more healed in October. It will still be fully healed.
Now, whether or not you believe he can be fully healed at this point is another story. Obviously, you have your doubts, and that's OK. But medical science has taken leaps forward in this area, and it is possible.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:09 pm

EA7649 wrote:The hour ESPN film of him 8/27 looks pretty cool.

Say what?

Hail to the Redskins!

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Say what?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=trueview-instream&v=Bw5_xp_pU8g

"its not a comeback story, how could you comeback if you were never gone"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:32 pm

EA7649 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Say what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=tr ... w5_xp_pU8g

Thanks.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:57 pm

IMO - RG3, Mike and Dr Andrews feel that he will be ready to play very soon ... IF any of them felt that the knee was not ready, he would not be allowed to play

RG3 has worked very hard at getting himself in shape to be able to play again ... Why would you not let him play?

I can understand that some fans do not think he can be ready to play again but they obviously do not understand the modern day miracles of medical science
these fans are probably basing their thinking on out of date recovery data :lol:

no worries - they will soon see RG3 erasing all doubts

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... 00-percent

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:33 pm

SkinsJock wrote:IMO - RG3, Mike and Dr Andrews feel that he will be ready to play very soon ... IF any of them felt that the knee was not ready, he would not be allowed to play

RG3 has worked very hard at getting himself in shape to be able to play again ... Why would you not let him play?

I can understand that some fans do not think he can be ready to play again but they obviously do not understand the modern day miracles of medical science
these fans are probably basing their thinking on out of date recovery data :lol:

no worries - they will soon see RG3 erasing all doubts

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... 00-percent
No doubt in my mind he will still be preparing himself to be an elite qb. He recovered well from his first knee injury and the Baylor stats show it. But bringing someone back to soon with a higher chance to get re-injured; whether that's the knee not being healed enough to play, not completely comfortable playing full speed with a brace, or whatever concern. It isn't the best move for the team, with their franchise player to play someone to soon. When they feel 100% comfortable playing him with a lower risk or re-injury he'll be on the field.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:48 am

Deadskins wrote:
EA7649 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Say what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=tr ... w5_xp_pU8g

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz-qUlA_Res
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:10 am

paulvs wrote:It's really simple. If he is 100% you play him. Why wouldn't you? If he is not, you hold him out.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

i mean really now, this isn't rocket science. lls
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:25 am

EA7649 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:IMO - RG3, Mike and Dr Andrews feel that he will be ready to play very soon ... IF any of them felt that the knee was not ready, he would not be allowed to play ...

.... It isn't the best move for the team, with their franchise player to play someone too soon. When they feel 100% comfortable playing him with a lower risk or re-injury he'll be on the field.

the fact is - it looks very much like "they" feel 100% comfortable preparing to play with RG3 at QB in the Monday night game :lol:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football