Thompson Expects to Play Monday Night...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Thompson Expects to Play Monday Night...

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:17 pm

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... nday-night

Sorry if this was already posted. I did a quick search before posting. Keyword of course is "quick".

REALLY excited to see what this kid can do!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:50 am

I can't wait. We'll get to see some real speed.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:29 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I can't wait. We'll get to see some real speed.

Thought you'd like this one.

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:11 am

hopefully more sproles and less banks with this one
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:21 pm

gay4pacman wrote:hopefully more sproles and less banks with this one

Which brings up the question; I wonder if they'll try him out on a couple kick/punt returns.

I'd like to see Dawson try a couple again as well. His last return against the Titans was decent. Would be nice to know if it was just luck or if he finally calmed down.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 pm

I can't wait to see how they use Thompson and Jordan Reed. I think both not only make the roster(obvious), but contribute this season. I thin Royster's spot is in jeopardy.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby yupchagee » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:43 pm

The Hogster wrote:I can't wait to see how they use Thompson and Jordan Reed. I think both not only make the roster(obvious), but contribute this season. I thin Royster's spot is in jeopardy.

Let's not get carried away. He has yet to prove he can get, & stay, on the field.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:41 pm

yupchagee wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I can't wait to see how they use Thompson and Jordan Reed. I think both not only make the roster(obvious), but contribute this season. I thin Royster's spot is in jeopardy.

Let's not get carried away. He has yet to prove he can get, & stay, on the field.

It's the 2nd pre season game & he's coming off an ACL injury. LOL

What did you expect, for him to come out and get 30 carries day 1?

Do your research on him. But for that injury, he would have been an even higher pick than he was--and we drafted him in the 5th. If you look at his running style, he's never going to "stay" on the field. He's a change of pace weapon, not an every down back.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:19 am

The Hogster wrote:
yupchagee wrote:

Do your research on him. But for that injury, he would have been an even higher pick than he was--and we drafted him in the 5th. If you look at his running style, he's never going to "stay" on the field. He's a change of pace weapon, not an every down back.

Is Reed playing as well? I heard his foot had been getting better.

Totally agree about Thompson. His sporadic use should keep him around for a long time. Plus you can rotate him with Helu if needed.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:35 am

I've watched a lot of Thompson at FSU being a seminole fan. Not that that gives me great insight, but what I do know is that this kid has already fought back from one heinous injury to run with purpose, speed and speed. I can not wait to see him in action this year. Unless he fumbles everything tonight or gets hurt, I don't see much chance in his not being on the team, cause if he's upright, he's a difference maker.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:58 am

emoses14 wrote:I've watched a lot of Thompson at FSU being a seminole fan. Not that that gives me great insight, but what I do know is that this kid has already fought back from one heinous injury to run with purpose, speed and speed. I can not wait to see him in action this year. Unless he fumbles everything tonight or gets hurt, I don't see much chance in his not being on the team, cause if he's upright, he's a difference maker.

+1
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby yupchagee » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:10 pm

The Hogster wrote:
yupchagee wrote:

I'm referring to the fact that we had major injuries in the last 2 years. Durability has to be a concern. Also, some people seem to be ready to coronate him before he has stepped on the field.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:11 am

yupchagee wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
yupchagee wrote:

I'm referring to the fact that we had major injuries in the last 2 years. Durability has to be a concern. Also, some people seem to be ready to coronate him before he has stepped on the field.

I wouldn't call it a "coronation" We have 3 backs who are different, but do the same things on the field. The people who have watched Thompson play believe he is a true change of pace back. Being excited to see him play is what it is.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:39 am

The Hogster wrote:
yupchagee wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
yupchagee wrote:

I wouldn't call it a "coronation" We have 3 backs who are different, but do the same things on the field. The people who have watched Thompson play believe he is a true change of pace back. Being excited to see him play is what it is.

I agree.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football