Wait Until After The Bye??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:36 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
paulvs wrote:It's really simple. If he is 100% you play him. Why wouldn't you? If he is not, you hold him out.


:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

i mean really now, this isn't rocket science. lls


Well, what if he's 97%? Or 95? When you do cut it off? I don't think 100 is reasonable, because he could be, say, 90% and not in any additional danger of hurting the knee. A 90% RGIII would be better than Cousins, IMHO, so you start him.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**LPJ**
Posts: 6281
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:46 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
paulvs wrote:It's really simple. If he is 100% you play him. Why wouldn't you? If he is not, you hold him out.


:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

i mean really now, this isn't rocket science. lls


Well, what if he's 97%? Or 95? When you do cut it off? I don't think 100 is reasonable, because he could be, say, 90% and not in any additional danger of hurting the knee. A 90% RGIII would be better than Cousins, IMHO, so you start him.


I'll take the 90% range, hell I'll take 85%. LOL
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1882
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:15 am

Image

Image
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4193
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:55 am

SkinsJock wrote:PLEASE get a clue about all this - if the medical staff and the coaching staff think that his knee is good to go - he should play


Before you start shooting your mouth off about "getting a clue" I think you should re-read my post. I specifically said I think RGIII will play against the Eagles if the Doctors say he is healed enough to play safely. You sound like an idiot arguing against nobody.

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:58 am

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:PLEASE get a clue about all this - if the medical staff and the coaching staff think that his knee is good to go - he should play


Before you start shooting your mouth off about "getting a clue" I think you should re-read my post. I specifically said I think RGIII will play against the Eagles if the Doctors say he is healed enough to play safely. You sound like an idiot arguing against nobody.


BIG thanks :twisted:
Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:07 am

btw - riggofan, you're the one who implied that RG3 is wearing a brace because his knee is not ready
riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed". 1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason.

WRONG ... :lol:
2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.


AND ... WRONG AGAIN - try and stay up with the miracles of modern medicine and the use of stem cells ... please :lol:
Hail to the Redskins

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4193
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:08 am

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed". 1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason. 2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.

1) He's going to wear it all season, so there's nothing to that reasoning. He's wearing it as a precaution.
2) Once it's fully healed, it can't get any more healed. So if it's fully healed in September, then it won't be any more healed in October. It will still be fully healed.
Now, whether or not you believe he can be fully healed at this point is another story. Obviously, you have your doubts, and that's OK. But medical science has taken leaps forward in this area, and it is possible.


Come on man, you're splitting hairs and its not very convincing. Only wearing the knee brace as a precaution? A precaution against what? Oh yeah a precaution against re-injuring his knee that he just had surgery on. If he was completely confident that his knee was 100% what it was a year ago, he wouldn't be wearing the brace.

I understand your point that the repairs done in the surgery may be completely healed in September and won't be more healed in October. My point was that with another month of rehabbing, conditioning, strength training his knee would unquestionably be stronger in October than in September. That's just a fact.

Anyway, just to clarify again for the sake of SKINSJOCK, I still think RGIII will and should play if the Docs clear him.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4193
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am

SkinsJock wrote:btw - riggofan, you're the one who implied that RG3 is wearing a brace because his knee is not ready
riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed". 1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason.

WRONG ... :lol:
2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.


AND ... WRONG AGAIN - try and stay up with the miracles of modern medicine and the use of stem cells ... please :lol:


Thanks for enlightening us all, Dr. Zeus.

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 15740
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:52 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed". 1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason. 2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.

1) He's going to wear it all season, so there's nothing to that reasoning. He's wearing it as a precaution.
2) Once it's fully healed, it can't get any more healed. So if it's fully healed in September, then it won't be any more healed in October. It will still be fully healed.
Now, whether or not you believe he can be fully healed at this point is another story. Obviously, you have your doubts, and that's OK. But medical science has taken leaps forward in this area, and it is possible.


Come on man, you're splitting hairs and its not very convincing. Only wearing the knee brace as a precaution? A precaution against what? Oh yeah a precaution against re-injuring his knee that he just had surgery on. If he was completely confident that his knee was 100% what it was a year ago, he wouldn't be wearing the brace.

It's not splitting hairs. Of course it's a precaution against reinjury. Your post implied he was wearing the brace because his knee is not fully recovered. but he's already stated that he intends to wear it all season, as he's gotten used to it, and doesn't even notice it any more. He even said he may continue to wear it in future seasons. Just because he's wearing the brace, that isn't proof that the knee still needs time to heal.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:14 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:btw - riggofan, you're the one who implied that RG3 is wearing a brace because his knee is not ready
riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed". 1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason.

WRONG ... :lol:
2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.


AND ... WRONG AGAIN - try and stay up with the miracles of modern medicine and the use of stem cells ... please :lol:


Thanks for enlightening us all, Dr. Zeus.


I'm actually enjoying stirring the pot and trying to help those that need it ... :twisted:
Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Most here know that RG3's knee is not going to be "completely healed" ...

what I find interesting is that there are fans that are having a hard time accepting that the medical staff, the coaching staff and RG3 himself all are making the right move in planning to have RG3 play in the opening game

Why question the thinking of the people with the most to lose and who WILL NOT let RG3 take the field unless that knee is good to go

What information do these fans have that makes them think that all these guys do not know as much as they (the pessimistic fans) do?

please tell me "well last season these same guys all made a huge mistake ...." and confirm that you have absolutely NO CLUE what Dr Andrews did and what RG3 himself has been doing since January :twisted:
Hail to the Redskins

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4193
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed". 1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason. 2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.

1) He's going to wear it all season, so there's nothing to that reasoning. He's wearing it as a precaution.
2) Once it's fully healed, it can't get any more healed. So if it's fully healed in September, then it won't be any more healed in October. It will still be fully healed.
Now, whether or not you believe he can be fully healed at this point is another story. Obviously, you have your doubts, and that's OK. But medical science has taken leaps forward in this area, and it is possible.


Come on man, you're splitting hairs and its not very convincing. Only wearing the knee brace as a precaution? A precaution against what? Oh yeah a precaution against re-injuring his knee that he just had surgery on. If he was completely confident that his knee was 100% what it was a year ago, he wouldn't be wearing the brace.

It's not splitting hairs. Of course it's a precaution against reinjury. Your post implied he was wearing the brace because his knee is not fully recovered. but he's already stated that he intends to wear it all season, as he's gotten used to it, and doesn't even notice it any more. He even said he may continue to wear it in future seasons. Just because he's wearing the brace, that isn't proof that the knee still needs time to heal.


Oooookay. :roll:

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4831
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm for cautoion.

Robert Griffin, Shanahan, and the medical staff kept him playing after the first injury and after Cousins had shown that he's probably good enough to win games.

They kept him playing against Seattle after he began to limp on the bad knee.

- Griffin is one of the three best quarterbacks I have seen, either on TV or on film. (Gotta justify Sammy Baugh: my Dad saw him and still tells the stories...)

- I want Robert Griffin to play as long as Sammy and Sonny did...until he's nearly 40...and always in a Redskin uniform.

- An injured player is at more risk to injury because he's not as agile and cannot absorb hits as well.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4193
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Interesting update on ESPN today.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/ ... isappoints
Quarterback Robert Griffin III (first round): Still recovering from his knee surgery. The Redskins say he’s on pace to start the opener, but more needs to be seen.


Of course, the knee brace is just for decoration.

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:14 pm

welch wrote:I'm for cautoion.

Robert Griffin, Shanahan, and the medical staff kept him playing after the first injury and after Cousins had shown that he's probably good enough to win games.

They kept him playing against Seattle after he began to limp on the bad knee.

- Griffin is one of the three best quarterbacks I have seen, either on TV or on film. (Gotta justify Sammy Baugh: my Dad saw him and still tells the stories...)

- I want Robert Griffin to play as long as Sammy and Sonny did...until he's nearly 40...and always in a Redskin uniform.

- An injured player is at more risk to injury because he's not as agile and cannot absorb hits as well.


I agree with you basically but I also am not convinced at all that Dr Andrews, the medical staff, the coaching strafe or even RG3 himself are in any way NOT acting with extreme caution and ARE in fact ensuring that RG3 needs to be here and playing in a Redskins uniform for as long as possible

It's a fact that RG3 is an olympic caliber athlete and Sonny and Sammy were NOT - actually neither was even close to having the athleticism of RG3
as great as both were - I predict that RG3 will be a better leader

given all that - there is ZERO to be gained by holding him out

RG3 WILL NOT be playing UNTIL he's not in ANY WAY risking his future as a QB

EVERYONE concerned - medical, physical, coaches and the player have moved on from last season - it's OVER, It's history - they have all acknowledged that they have learned from that

let it go - watch him play and appreciate that players today are a lot better, a lot fitter, and medical science is amazing
Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football