Wait Until After The Bye??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13225
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:25 pm

you know Darth man - you're absolutely right as usual - you're just so in touch with EVERYTHING :lol:

I have just seen RG3 warm up and the ESPN piece - this kid REALLY needs to rest and heal

Mike would be an idiot to try and get him in game shape after what he's been through with the surgery and rehab - he OBVIOUSLY needs more time to heal and get in shape

:puke:

I'm done here - there is nothing to discuss with anyone who is so blind as to not see what an incredible athlete this is :nana:

btw - did you hear he 'won' the strongman competition in the weight room recently - I didn't think so - you OBVIOUSLY don't keep up with that sort of information :lol:
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: Wait Until After The Bye??

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:51 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I'll chalk this up to sarcasm. I might as well point by point it.


1 Whether anybody recognizes Mike as top dog or not is beside the point. I said he would have bolstered his position as top dog. Can that really be denied? As an aside, I just heard Sonny Jurgensen on the radio say "Who's the boss here?"

- I have no idea what Sonny is talking about on this. Or you. Shannahan is the boss of the team. No, it won't change anything.

2 Read the scenario I set up for Cousins. Now read my showcase point. I'm not suggesting Mike bench Griff in order to showcase Cousins. I'm saying if that scenario were to play out Mike would have showcased Cousins. How is that incorrect?

- OK, I'll agree with you on that.

3 I never said Mike is interested in the genius label though he may be. Again, That is beside the point. If my scenario were to play out Mike would be lauded as a wise man.

- Why would he be lauded as wise when he played his backup because his starter was injured? If you mean for drafting Cousins, I think he's already got that credit.

4 This one is too easy. I simply said Mike would have given Griff five more weeks to heal. That is what we call arithmetic.

- I thought you said you weren't doing it unless Griff wasn't ready? So how is this a credit to anyone? Though factually yes, it is five more weeks to heal, but I don't draw a conclusion from that.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16055
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:40 am

SkinsJock wrote:Most here know that RG3's knee is not going to be "completely healed"

I think most people understand that by "completely healed," people mean it's as good as it's going to get, not like the injuries to that knee never happened.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4608
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:54 am

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:Interesting update on ESPN today.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/ ... isappoints
Quarterback Robert Griffin III (first round): Still recovering from his knee surgery. The Redskins say he’s on pace to start the opener, but more needs to be seen.


Of course, the knee brace is just for decoration.

So, when he's still wearing it in game 16, are you still going to insist it's proof that the knee is still recovering?


Its proof that his knee is not as strong as it was last year. But seriously man, feel free to believe what you want. We'll just agree to disagree.

I'd love to see a list of all of the NFL starting QBs wearing knee braces this year who aren't coming off major knee surgery. Maybe RGIII will start a trend.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4608
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am

SkinsJock wrote:you know Darth man - you're absolutely right as usual - you're just so in touch with EVERYTHING :lol:

I have just seen RG3 warm up and the ESPN piece - this kid REALLY needs to rest and heal

Mike would be an idiot to try and get him in game shape after what he's been through with the surgery and rehab - he OBVIOUSLY needs more time to heal and get in shape

:puke:

I'm done here - there is nothing to discuss with anyone who is so blind as to not see what an incredible athlete this is :nana:

btw - did you hear he 'won' the strongman competition in the weight room recently - I didn't think so - you OBVIOUSLY don't keep up with that sort of information :lol:


I just don't understand your sarcasm and frankly rudeness towards Darth on this.

Dr. Andrews recommended RGIII not play in any preseason games. This was a medical recommendation not a coaching recommendation. So I don't know where you're getting all of your info about how ready to play RGIII is. You're either super optimistic or you're getting all of your medical updates from RGIII's twitter feed.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16055
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:07 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:Interesting update on ESPN today.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/ ... isappoints
Quarterback Robert Griffin III (first round): Still recovering from his knee surgery. The Redskins say he’s on pace to start the opener, but more needs to be seen.


Of course, the knee brace is just for decoration.

So, when he's still wearing it in game 16, are you still going to insist it's proof that the knee is still recovering?


Its proof that his knee is not as strong as it was last year. But seriously man, feel free to believe what you want. We'll just agree to disagree.

I'd love to see a list of all of the NFL starting QBs wearing knee braces this year who aren't coming off major knee surgery. Maybe RGIII will start a trend.

You're totally missing the point. You said his wearing the brace was an indication that his knee was not fully healed, and I said that was not necessarily true. My point is that he's wearing the brace as a precaution against reinjury, and it has no bearing on the state of his recovery. You can agree to disagree all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that your logic was flawed.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13225
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:20 pm

good luck with trying to bring 'logic' into this discussion :lol:
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

DarthMonk
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:28 pm

I wonder if Kevin Sheehan read this thread. His shows the last two days seem to be based on it.

I think these have been the best replies to the original post:

Deadskins wrote:He doesn't need more time to heal. And, if we went 3-1 with Cousins showing great stuff, that would only serve to bring up the inevitable QB controversy that DC loves so much.


The first sentence is opinion and there is nothing wrong with having one and voicing it. The second sentence makes a good point though I'd argue with the word "only" since that's not the only thing it would serve to do IMO.

riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed". 1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason. 2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.

Even so, if the Docs say he is healed enough to safely play, then I expect him to start against the Eagles.

Also, there is another possible outcome to starting Cousins for the first four games. He goes 1-3 or 0-4, messes up his trade value and we start in a hole for the 2013 season.

Gotta play the best QB.


A lot has been read into this reply that really isn't there. The point that Cousins could go 1-3 or 0-4 shows an understanding of my original post.

There have been other good replies that ventured their own opinions on the "shoulds" and "should nots" of waiting until after the bye - which is great. Then there have been a whole bunch of "straw man" posts which twisted other people's words before refuting the amended statements. Those posts really added nothing as they simply argued with themselves. Then there were the posts that brought up completely irrelevant info as a platform for taking a shot at someone. #shrug
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4608
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:You're totally missing the point. You said his wearing the brace was an indication that his knee was not fully healed, and I said that was not necessarily true. My point is that he's wearing the brace as a precaution against reinjury, and it has no bearing on the state of his recovery. You can agree to disagree all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that your logic was flawed.


He's wearing a knee brace because his knee is not as strong as it was last year. When his knee is strong enough to not require he wear a knee brace as precaution, then he will be fully healed in my book. I'm not really sure what your definition of fully healed is.

There's nothing flawed in my logic, sorry. Move along, you just continue to be wrong as usual.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16055
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:03 pm

riggofan wrote:I'm not really sure what your definition of fully healed is.

Scroll up just 7 posts. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:14 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm done here - there is nothing to discuss with anyone who is so blind as to not see what an incredible athlete this is :nana:



Image

Are you talkin' to me?

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:42 am Post subject: Robert Griffin III

DarthMonk wrote:This man is the frickin' bomb! His is easily as athletic as ANY QB (or player, for that matter) in the NFL. For example, he sprinted 13.46 in the 110-meter hurdles and 49.56 in the 400-meter hurdles as a junior in high school. He is more accurate than most. He has a bigger arm than most. He is smarter than most. He is a very high character guy. He is a leader.




Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:20 pm Post subject: Robert Griffin III

DarthMonk wrote:There is absolutely no question that of all QBs in the NCAA, RGIII is the most athletic. It's not even close. What is even better is he has everything else - accuracy, arm strength, intelligence, and character. He totally has the it factor.

He appears to be a hybrid of Vick, Rodgers, Newton, and Renaldo Nehemiah.

I know that's nuts but that is what I see when I watch. He is bigger than Vick (6' 2", 220 #)but smaller than Newton. He's faster than Newton (4.4) and almost as fast as Vick. He throws accurately in the pocket or on the run ala Rodgers.

He ran a 49 in the 400 meter hurdles as a high school junior.

Let's get this guy.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#14
Posts: 4294
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Let's simplify. If Andrews clears him, he plays. If not, he doesn't.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog
Posts: 1733
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:47 am

riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed". 1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason. 2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.

Even so, if the Docs say he is healed enough to safely play, then I expect him to start against the Eagles.

Also, there is another possible outcome to starting Cousins for the first four games. He goes 1-3 or 0-4, messes up his trade value and we start in a hole for the 2013 season.

Gotta play the best QB.


I don't know why people believe his knee can't be completely heeled...AP's knee was injured far worse than RG3's and he was completely heeled by the start of last season...

Hog
Posts: 1733
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:49 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:You're totally missing the point. You said his wearing the brace was an indication that his knee was not fully healed, and I said that was not necessarily true. My point is that he's wearing the brace as a precaution against reinjury, and it has no bearing on the state of his recovery. You can agree to disagree all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that your logic was flawed.


He's wearing a knee brace because his knee is not as strong as it was last year. When his knee is strong enough to not require he wear a knee brace as precaution, then he will be fully healed in my book. I'm not really sure what your definition of fully healed is.

There's nothing flawed in my logic, sorry. Move along, you just continue to be wrong as usual.


How do you know that's why he's wearing a knee brace? He could be wearing it as a precautionary measure...just because he's wearing it doesn't mean his knee isn't fully heeled...

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4608
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:54 am

grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:You're totally missing the point. You said his wearing the brace was an indication that his knee was not fully healed, and I said that was not necessarily true. My point is that he's wearing the brace as a precaution against reinjury, and it has no bearing on the state of his recovery. You can agree to disagree all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that your logic was flawed.


He's wearing a knee brace because his knee is not as strong as it was last year. When his knee is strong enough to not require he wear a knee brace as precaution, then he will be fully healed in my book. I'm not really sure what your definition of fully healed is.

There's nothing flawed in my logic, sorry. Move along, you just continue to be wrong as usual.


How do you know that's why he's wearing a knee brace? He could be wearing it as a precautionary measure...just because he's wearing it doesn't mean his knee isn't fully heeled...


lol. Feel free to read through the last one hundred posts in this thread.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football