Cousins injury

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: Maryland

Cousins injury

Postby Redskinsfansince81 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:06 am

What's wrong with his foot. And what were the other "key" injuries?

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15915
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:12 am

Mid-foot sprain, which is a good thing, because I was pretty sure he had at least a fracture.

Barry Cofield fractured a bone in his right hand, but should be able to play with a cast.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis
Online
Posts: 11008
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:16 am

MRI to be done later this week on Cousins. Still a chance it could be a season-ending thing, like what happened to Phillip Thomas.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1931
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:46 am

Irn-Bru wrote:MRI to be done later this week on Cousins. Still a chance it could be a season-ending thing, like what happened to Phillip Thomas.


Sir, I'll thank you to take your reasonable comment and stuff it. :thump:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4471
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 am

I'm bummed out about that Cousins injury because of how it happened. I'm not blaming Timmons exactly, but Cousins was clearly running out of bounds. Timmons tackled him by the ankle about a half yard from him going out of bounds. What was the point of that?

It was a clean play, no question. But still kind of a d-bag move in a preseason game in my opinion.

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14362
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:11 am

Whatever... when you play the game, you PLAY THE GAME. Not a damned thing wrong with what Timmons did.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:21 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Postby oneman56 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:39 am

Barry Cofield fractured a bone in his right hand, but should be able to play with a cast.[/quote]


This stinks to hear, hopefully it will heal up quickly. He was beasting a pro bowl center in Pouncey and wreaking havoc on every play he was on the field for. I was really excited watching him and seeing him penetrate consistently.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13100
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 am

riggofan wrote:I'm bummed out about that Cousins injury because of how it happened. I'm not blaming Timmons exactly, but Cousins was clearly running out of bounds. Timmons tackled him by the ankle about a half yard from him going out of bounds. What was the point of that?

It was a clean play, no question. But still kind of a d-bag move in a preseason game in my opinion.


I STRONGLY disagree - this is NOT flag football

I would love to see our players making that type of tackle and in that position of the playing field, as well - there is a VERY good chance that you'll get the QB going to the ground in a way that might cause him to not be as effective for the next few plays - a VERY good, clean, HIT - IMHO
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

piglet
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 am

Postby Alberich » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:12 am

Hopefully its a serious injury. Rex is primed for a big year

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15915
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:32 am

Alberich wrote:Hopefully its a serious injury. Rex is primed for a big year

Ahh, the poser returns. :evil:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piglet
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 am

Postby Alberich » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:38 am

Deadskins wrote:
Alberich wrote:Hopefully its a serious injury. Rex is primed for a big year

Ahh, the poser returns. :evil:


name call all you want. shows your level of maturity and ability to post a rational response.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1931
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:42 am

OK, we're done here. I admit it was fun for the first five minutes, but if the child can't learn to keep his mouth shut while grown folks are talking, we'll just have to ignore him. Again.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

piglet
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 am

Postby Alberich » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:57 am

emoses14 wrote:OK, we're done here. I admit it was fun for the first five minutes, but if the child can't learn to keep his mouth shut while grown folks are talking, we'll just have to ignore him. Again.


Cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. real talk.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4471
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:16 am

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:I'm bummed out about that Cousins injury because of how it happened. I'm not blaming Timmons exactly, but Cousins was clearly running out of bounds. Timmons tackled him by the ankle about a half yard from him going out of bounds. What was the point of that?

It was a clean play, no question. But still kind of a d-bag move in a preseason game in my opinion.


I STRONGLY disagree - this is NOT flag football

I would love to see our players making that type of tackle and in that position of the playing field, as well - there is a VERY good chance that you'll get the QB going to the ground in a way that might cause him to not be as effective for the next few plays - a VERY good, clean, HIT - IMHO


So you think its a good idea for defensive players to try to injure players in preseason games? To limit their effectiveness in a meaningless preseason game? Awesome. I hope you feel the same way about it if Cousins' MRI shows something that ends his season.

Like I said, there is no question it was a clean play, but it still was a completely unnecessary tackle. Personally I'd just like to see players in these preseason games use a little more caution. I understand this is their opportunity to really tackle and hit before the regular season, but they can be smarter about it.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1931
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:20 am

Alberich wrote:
emoses14 wrote:OK, we're done here. I admit it was fun for the first five minutes, but if the child can't learn to keep his mouth shut while grown folks are talking, we'll just have to ignore him. Again.


Cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. real talk.


Image

ROTFALMAO

OK, OK, now I'm really done.[/url]
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football