Under the Radar - Young Guns

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Under the Radar - Young Guns

Postby mastdark81 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:33 am

Sky Dawson
Lance Lewis
Adam Gettis
Will Compton
Gumbs

I've been impressed by these guys. Sky Dawson it is just something about him that give me that same feeling I had when I first seen Brandon Banks, like he can take it to the house each time he touches it.

Lance Lewis has outplayed Briscoe in my opinion, which is kinda sad but hey I think he could be decent with more reps and opportunity.

Gettis has been out there grinding and has been impressive.

Compton seem to have natural linebacker instincts.

Gumbs lays the hammer and isnt' afraid to get into the mix in the box.

Would be cool to keep these guys for development/practice squad.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Can we add Murphy?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:14 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Can we add Murphy?

I was surprised by Murphy

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Ha ha nicely done. He's depth with a lot of heart, and looked like a solid special teams guy... ala omg
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Lewis is the guy who's played really well the last two weeks. I would love to see him play vs the #1's in a few sets. Right now my WR's who make the roster are as follows:

Pierre
Morgan
Moss
Hank
Aldrick
Lewis

If not picked up by another team, Skye Dawson probably makes the PS. I really do think that they intend to use Paul to return kickoffs which is just weird b/c he's so damn big (6'1, 233).

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:48 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Ha ha nicely done. He's depth with a lot of heart, and looked like a solid teamed.. ala omg

Why aren't we talking more about Pat White . Didn't he more or less just ice the Steelers, or is that just my perception. Didn't Helu score because of White's previous carries. I think so. I think the Skins are just flat out better when running the offense designed for Griffin.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:24 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Ha ha nicely done. He's depth with a lot of heart, and looked like a solid teamed.. ala omg

Why aren't we talking more about Pat White . Didn't he more or less just ice the Steelers, or is that just my perception. Didn't Helu score because of White's previous carries. I think so. I think the Skins are just flat out better when running the offense designed for Griffin.

With Griff and Cousins Pat is still just the "other guy". While in Oakland I believe they'd be in a frenzy, cuz Pryor < White... Can we get anything for a fourth stringer? Lmao
Like you said, an offense for Griff. Pat is decent but is the odd man out for sure. I had to take a step back and realized his action is vs players who will be lucky to play in arena football, also making Helus run less impressive right?

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:28 am

frankcal20 wrote:Lewis is the guy who's played really well the last two weeks. I would love to see him play vs the #1's in a few sets. Right now my WR's who make the roster are as follows:

Pierre
Morgan
Moss
Hank
Aldrick
Lewis

If not picked up by another team, Skye Dawson probably makes the PS. I really do think that they intend to use Paul to return kickoffs which is just weird b/c he's so damn big (6'1, 233).

Man the thing is Dawson looked so good in OTAs. I know I know...just saying...

Also he didn't make any major plays, but he seems to have a lot of potential on the punt returns. Not sure if we'd have the luxury of having merely a dedicated PR guy.

Either way, I hope our WRs make it clear who is "who" in the next couple of weeks. Would hate to see us cut a guy that ends up being great in time.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:21 am

It's really not a big deal if a player gets cut and goes on to have a HOF career elsewhere - we ONLY need to keep players that the coaches and staff here think can help our team ...

I think it's great that we have players that might not be good enough to play here but that can go on and help other franchises and even become 'great' players ...

not all great players are 'great' on any team - most of them need the other players around them

As we get better, I'm sure we'll let some good players go that go on to help other franchises (maybe even become 'great') but would probably just be good players if they'd stayed here
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:52 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:

Nothing against Pat White, but I'd like to see what he can do against first string players. I think most would agree with you though that it would be great to see him beat out Grossman and be a guy who can run that RGIII offense.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 am

In the very unfortunate event that both Robert and Kirk get injured, I would feel much better about having Grossman run the offense vs Pat. That being said, we would be screwed either way.

I watched from 7 rows back of the end zone when Rex threw that unbelievably horrific INT. Lets just all hope that neither of the two will have to come in during a must win situation.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:40 am

White hasn't impressed me yet, he looks regular.. meaning no wow factor that will have me all cissed.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 am

I haven't posted in a while, but just check out that badass avatar! lol
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:39 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:I watched from 7 rows back of the end zone when Rex threw that unbelievably horrific INT.

Jordan Reed said he ran the wrong route on that play and should have been right where the ball was thrown to.

Lets just all hope that neither of the two will have to come in during a must win situation.

Can't argue with that!
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:37 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Can we add Murphy?

definitely.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football