Wait Until After The Bye??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:59 am

riggofan wrote:
grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:You're totally missing the point. You said his wearing the brace was an indication that his knee was not fully healed, and I said that was not necessarily true. My point is that he's wearing the brace as a precaution against reinjury, and it has no bearing on the state of his recovery. You can agree to disagree all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that your logic was flawed.

He's wearing a knee brace because his knee is not as strong as it was last year. When his knee is strong enough to not require he wear a knee brace as precaution, then he will be fully healed in my book. I'm not really sure what your definition of fully healed is.

There's nothing flawed in my logic, sorry. Move along, you just continue to be wrong as usual.

How do you know that's why he's wearing a knee brace? He could be wearing it as a precautionary measure...just because he's wearing it doesn't mean his knee isn't fully heeled...

lol. Feel free to read through the last one hundred posts in this thread.

Why? Are there team staffers who post in here? That's the only way for certain you're gonna know whether or not his knee is completely heeled...

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:15 am

grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:
grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:You're totally missing the point. You said his wearing the brace was an indication that his knee was not fully healed, and I said that was not necessarily true. My point is that he's wearing the brace as a precaution against reinjury, and it has no bearing on the state of his recovery. You can agree to disagree all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that your logic was flawed.

He's wearing a knee brace because his knee is not as strong as it was last year. When his knee is strong enough to not require he wear a knee brace as precaution, then he will be fully healed in my book. I'm not really sure what your definition of fully healed is.

There's nothing flawed in my logic, sorry. Move along, you just continue to be wrong as usual.

How do you know that's why he's wearing a knee brace? He could be wearing it as a precautionary measure...just because he's wearing it doesn't mean his knee isn't fully heeled...

Why? Are there team staffers who post in here? That's the only way for certain you're gonna know whether or not his knee is completely heeled...

Look man, I appreciate the hilarious sarcasm, feel free to believe what you want. If you believe RGIII's knee is 100% and he is just wearing the knee brace for kicks, then great. If I see a kid walking on crutches, I'm going to assume he's got a leg injury whether I have spoken to his family physician or not. Its common sense.

From my personal experience as a college soccer player and a coach, athletes usually wear those braces following surgery until the knee is completely recovered and strong enough to not require added support. Then they get rid of the brace. I can't think of a single kid I've played with or coached who wore a knee brace for any longer than was required.

I honestly don't know why people want to argue about the knee brace so strongly. RGIII clearly can and will play with the brace. And I'll bet any one of you $100 that if he doesn't re-injure his knee this year, you won't see the brace next year.

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 am

riggofan wrote:
grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:
grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Look man, I appreciate the hilarious sarcasm, feel free to believe what you want. If you believe RGIII's knee is 100% and he is just wearing the knee brace for kicks, then great. If I see a kid walking on crutches, I'm going to assume he's got a leg injury whether I have spoken to his family physician or not. Its common sense.

From my personal experience as a college soccer player and a coach, athletes usually wear those braces following surgery until the knee is completely recovered and strong enough to not require added support. Then they get rid of the brace. I can't think of a single kid I've played with or coached who wore a knee brace for any longer than was required.

I honestly don't know why people want to argue about the knee brace so strongly. RGIII clearly can and will play with the brace. And I'll bet any one of you $100 that if he doesn't re-injure his knee this year, you won't see the brace next year.

So you admit it's nothing but speculation on your part. You stated it as though it was fact. You don't know, just like no one else on this site knows for certain...I'm just saying it's not beyond the realm of possibility that his knee is completely heeled....

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:45 am

grampi wrote:So you admit it's nothing but speculation on your part. You stated it as though it was fact. You don't know, just like no one else on this site knows for certain...I'm just saying it's not beyond the realm of possibility that his knee is completely heeled....

Yeah you're totally right, man. You've nailed it. Its also possible Dr. Andrews replaced his old knee with Six Million Dollar Man bionic parts.

I'm just saying. Its not beyond the realm of possibility.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:34 am

riggofan wrote:Look man, I appreciate the hilarious sarcasm, feel free to believe what you want. If you believe RGIII's knee is 100% and he is just wearing the knee brace for kicks, then great. If I see a kid walking on crutches, I'm going to assume he's got a leg injury whether I have spoken to his family physician or not. Its common sense.

You probably never saw this, but here's why no one thinks you have a clue when it comes to this subject:

RG3 says he will wear knee brace all season

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III says he’ll wear a hinged brace on his right knee throughout the 2013 season. After that, though, all bets are off.

“I don’t know if I’ll wear it forever,” Griffin said Monday afternoon. “I know I’ll wear it for the rest of the season. After the first [ALC surgery in 2009] I wore it for a year and I thought I’d wear it the rest of my life. And the next year came around, I took it off, we won a Heisman and did a whole lot of other things. It just depends on how the leg feels. I don’t plan on wearing it past this season, but that all depends on what happens.”

Asked how much the brace is restricting his movement, Griffin said flatly, “It’s not.”

When Griffin injured the knee in December, adjusting to the brace, which straps to his thigh and lower leg and features hinges connecting the top and bottom – was not easy, mostly because he had not worn one since 2010. This time, however, he’s been wearing it for several months and, because of that, his leg has built up additional strength.

“Last year it was a concern because I didn’t play with the brace, or have to rehab with the brace all year,” he said. “So when you put it on, it kind of does restrict you a little bit more because you’re not used to it. Now that I’ve rehabbed with it and everything … you get used to it. Your leg gets stronger and you can carry that extra weight.”

Griffin created a bit of a stir last Thursday when he took a snap during the morning walkthrough without the brace. After realizing his mistake, he quickly returned to the sidelined and put it on.

Although that happened in front of several thousands of fans and a dozen reporters, he acknowledged Monday that it wasn’t the first time he forgot to put it on.

“I don’t really worry about my leg anymore,” he said. “Consistently I forget my brace. Like I did on the first day and everybody made a big deal about that. I feel great.”
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:40 am

I wore it for a year and I thought I’d wear it the rest of my life. And the next year came around, I took it off

The only person who doesn't have a clue is you.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:43 am

riggofan wrote:
I wore it for a year and I thought I’d wear it the rest of my life. And the next year came around, I took it off

So you can't admit that maybe he might have learned from that experience?

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:46 am

And seriously, feel free to post whatever inanity you want to follow up - I won't be following this thread further. I'm pretty much done debating whether a knee brace is an indication of a knee injury or not.

The fact that you would argue against it to this length is just mind boggling. You're like the rain man of sticking to completely vacant points.

On an unrelated note, I've decided to wear my old ankle brace out for my evening jog tonight. My ankle is completely 100% healthy, but its just a precaution.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 am

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Have fun, troll.

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:55 am

riggofan wrote:
grampi wrote:So you admit it's nothing but speculation on your part. You stated it as though it was fact. You don't know, just like no one else on this site knows for certain...I'm just saying it's not beyond the realm of possibility that his knee is completely heeled....

Yeah you're totally right, man. You've nailed it. Its also possible Dr. Andrews replaced his old knee with Six Million Dollar Man bionic parts.

I'm just saying. Its not beyond the realm of possibility.

I suppose you think AP's knee was replaced with bionic parts? Why is it such an impossibility to you that RG3's knee is 100% when AP went through the same thing and his was 100% by the start of the season...this PROVES that RG3's knee being 100% is a very distinct possibility...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:07 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Have fun, troll.

Troll? :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:14 pm

riggofan wrote:The fact that you would argue against it to this length is just mind boggling.

The fact that you would argue for it, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, is even more mind-boggling. I even showed you the quote from RGIII that said the exact same thing I've been saying all along, and you cut the quintessential line from it, and then posted it back as if it didn't totally refute your claim. Talk about rain man! I think you better go, Wopner's on.

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Seems pretty straightforward:

riggofan wrote:I totally disagree with this nonsense that RGIII's knee is "completely healed".

Essentially an opinion.

riggofan wrote:1) He's wearing a knee brace for a reason.

Duh. Why is this a problematic statement?

riggofan wrote:2) If you have knee surgery in January, there is no question that your knee will be more healed in October than it is in September.

Essentially another opinion which I happen to share.

riggofan wrote:Even so, if the Docs say he is healed enough to safely play, then I expect him to start against the Eagles.

Anybody got a problem with this last one?

BTW - this seems relevant:

Adrian Peterson Injury Not Completely Healed, But Leg Is 'Getting Better'
By Scott Schroeder  @ScottSchroeder on Sep 21 2012, 8:19a

It hasn't seemed like Adrian Peterson is feeling the effects of the season-ending knee injury he suffered last year, but the Minnesota Vikings running back said on Thursday that he still isn't completely healthy. He's close enough, though, and says he's getting better each week.

Peterson told Charley Walters of the Pioneer Press that he's getting closer to where he wants to be, but he's not there quite yet:

"Each week I feel myself improving; the leg is getting stronger and more stable,. The body's feeling good, and I'll be ready to roll."

Adrian Peterson Injury Seems To Be A Thing Of The Past

SEP 21
Adrian Peterson Injury Not Completely Healed, But Leg Is 'Getting Better'
SEP 13
Adrian Peterson Says He's At 95 Percent, And The Other 5 Will Make A Huge Difference

SEP 11
Adrian Peterson Injury Seems To Be No More
SEP 8
Adrian Peterson Likely To Be Game-Time Decision
SEP 7
Adrian Peterson Says Sitting Would Be 'Hard Pill To Swallow'

Either way, both AP and Griff are "well heeled."
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:17 pm

:shock: - just amazing ...

I really believe that WHEN Dr Andrews, Mike and RG3 think that his knee is ready to take a hit, he will be playing QB again and I'm sure that while the knee may not be 'completely healed', it's NOT going to hold him back or stop Kyle from calling plays that MIGHT involve RG3 running and possibly taking a hit to that knee

I also choose to believe that WHEN RG3 takes a hit to that knee it is going to be a huge relief for him, the coaches and Dr Andrews and WILL CLEARLY SHOW everyone that the knee is NOT an issue for RG3 AT ALL
No matter how great RG3 feels about the knee - he will most likely keep wearing the knee brace - just because he can :lol:

there is NO WAY that RG3 will be allowed to play by the Dr or Mike UNLESS that knee is healed enough to take a hit - NO WAY

It's a fact - IT DOES NOT MATTER ONE IOTA HOW "COMPLETELY HEALED" THE KNEE IS - all that matters is whether the Dr and Mike think it can stand up to getting hit ...

I happen to believe that Dr Andrews knows that this kid's knee is good to go and possibly is even better prepared to withstand a hit than AP's knee was :D
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

DarthMonk

Re: Wait Until After The Bye??

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:21 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I'll chalk this up to sarcasm. I might as well point by point it.

1 Whether anybody recognizes Mike as top dog or not is beside the point. I said he would have bolstered his position as top dog. Can that really be denied? As an aside, I just heard Sonny Jurgensen on the radio say "Who's the boss here?"

- I have no idea what Sonny is talking about on this. Or you. Shannahan is the boss of the team. No, it won't change anything.

From someone whose posts generally make him seem pretty intelligent and well informed, your "I have no idea..." is not credible. Sonny is not the only person asking this question. Heck, THN has threads about it. The scenario I put out would answer that question for the people asking it thereby bolstering Mike's position as Top Dog.

2 Read the scenario I set up for Cousins. Now read my showcase point. I'm not suggesting Mike bench Griff in order to showcase Cousins. I'm saying if that scenario were to play out Mike would have showcased Cousins. How is that incorrect?

- OK, I'll agree with you on that.

3 I never said Mike is interested in the genius label though he may be. Again, That is beside the point. If my scenario were to play out Mike would be lauded as a wise man.

- Why would he be lauded as wise when he played his backup because his starter was injured? If you mean for drafting Cousins, I think he's already got that credit.

Why would he be lauded as wise? you ask ... For going 3-1 with the QB he "wasted a pick on" while giving his franchise QB 5 extra weeks to heal before devastating the Cowgirls on national TV in his 2013 debut.

4 This one is too easy. I simply said Mike would have given Griff five more weeks to heal. That is what we call arithmetic.

- I thought you said you weren't doing it unless Griff wasn't ready? So how is this a credit to anyone? Though factually yes, it is five more weeks to heal, but I don't draw a conclusion from that.

Huh??? The 4th OUTCOME of my scenario is the extra five weeks of healing. Very simple. Football, this thread, and contrived examples aside, I'd say giving a person extra time to heal is an intrinsically good thing.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football