Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby yupchagee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Cappster wrote:I had a nightmare last night when I dreamt that RGIII blew out his knee again in a preseason game. Luckily I soon realized that I was just dreaming and that RGIII is not playing in the preseason. I know that my story is a little bit ridiculous, but I thought I would share it anyway.

If I was a dictator, I'd forbid you to dream! :lol:

I'd forbid him to share his dreams.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 pm

1niksder wrote:RG3 says he will wear knee brace all season

IMO this is a good thing - it addresses a concern and makes it clear that he's fine with or without the brace - great call to announce this

“I don’t really worry about my leg anymore,” RG3 said. “Consistently I forget my brace. Like I did on the first day and everybody made a big deal about that. I feel great.”

NOW, that is a great statement - very encouraging and not over stating or hyping in any way
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:11 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/s ... eam-drills

"You can say what you want about what he's doing and I can feel any kind of way about it," Griffin said, "but we have to be on the same page and that's what I'm trying to do. Do everything the coaches ask me to do and show them my rhythm and timing is there and show them I can play. At the end of the day they have to play me Week 1 if I do everything they ask me to do."

I sure hope these guys are in fact on the same page, at this point there's nothing to make of this but it looks like we could see frustration from RGIII if he's held back and does everything asked of him.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:48 pm

:shock: why create the impression that Mike & RG3 might not be on the same page ...

there is little to no doubt that Mike will be playing RG3 in the Eagles game unless there is reason not to - that does not look like being the case at all

:roll:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:31 pm

oneman56 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9540286/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-ready-full-team-drills

"You can say what you want about what he's doing and I can feel any kind of way about it," Griffin said, "but we have to be on the same page and that's what I'm trying to do. Do everything the coaches ask me to do and show them my rhythm and timing is there and show them I can play. At the end of the day they have to play me Week 1 if I do everything they ask me to do."

I sure hope these guys are in fact on the same page, at this point there's nothing to make of this but it looks like we could see frustration from RGIII if he's held back and does everything asked of him.

Maybe he wants to be the coach :shock:

“I think the thing that I’m going to have to do is use it as a coaching opportunity for the rest of the QB’s,” said Griffin. “Even though Rex [Grossman] is a vet I can go out there and watch and make sure he sees everything and help these guys be as successful as they can.”

The subject of what he will be doing during the game came up again later in the presser. He reiterated that he will help out Grossman and Kirk Cousins as much as he can. The he said that he might want to take the headset away from offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan.

“Maybe Kyle will let me call [plays] a quarter or something,” he said with a big smile.

Link
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:05 pm

SkinsJock wrote:there is little to no doubt that Mike will be playing RG3 in the Eagles game unless there is reason not to

I completely agree. Shanahan will definitely play RGIII in the Eagles games unless he doesn't.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:17 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:there is little to no doubt that Mike will be playing RG3 in the Eagles game unless there is reason not to

I completely agree. Shanahan will definitely play RGIII in the Eagles games unless he doesn't.

+1

:lol:

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:43 pm

His knee looked really good last night.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Let RGIII play the whole year wearing this!

SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:35 pm

The Hogster wrote:Let RGIII play the whole year wearing this!

Actually looks damn scary for a knee. Funny though.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins

Speaking Wednesday, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Robert Griffin III (knee) remains on track for Week 1.

"If there's no setbacks, he should be ready to go," Shanahan said. Griffin met with Dr. James Andrews on Monday, who saw no reason for concern. Only a setback could derail RGIII for the opener.

Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter Aug 21 - 4:20 PM

Robert Griffin III (knee) practiced full speed against the Redskins' first-team defense for the first time all camp Wednesday.

Griffin started camp by working on the side and in some 7-on-7s, then progressed to playing against the scout team. Now he's practicing as if he never tore his ACL. It's all part of the Redskins' gradual plan to get Griffin as close to 100 percent as possible for Week 1. "I can feel a difference now having a healthy knee," he said. Barring a setback, RG3 vs. Michael Vick is going down on Sept. 9.

Source: Washington Times Aug 22 - 9:33 AM

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:06 pm

riggofan wrote:

:shock: talk about stating the obvious - I was obviously referring to the fact that Dr Andrews might clear RG3 to play but that does not mean that Mike will clear him ..

I'm not sure why you did not also point out that RG3 might play soon unless he doesn't

OR

that we would win all of our games this season unless we don't ... :twisted:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:09 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

+1

way to get that post count up - keep on trucking :moon:

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Heard this on the radio too. Not buying. Anyway, here it is:

ESPN's Ron Jaworski expressed concern about Robert Griffin III's passing mechanics after watching RG3 warm up ahead of last Monday's preseason game.

Jaws is the premier QB evaluator in the media. "I was watching him throw the football — there were a few clips — and I was concerned in the weight transfer," said Jaworski. "I didn’t see the clean mechanics I’ve seen in the past. I’m not there every day, I’m not a doctor, but he just looks a little different right now. It’s pregame, it was warmup, people can discount that. I’m just saying from my eye, I didn’t see the clean drops, the weight transfer, stay on that back foot, snap the hips." Jaworski "really (doesn't) know what to expect" from Griffin in 2013.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Aug 23 - 2:18 PM

Jaws played for the Eagles, right?

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:37 pm

DarthMonk wrote:

ESPN's Ron Jaworski expressed concern about Robert Griffin III's passing mechanics after watching RG3 warm up ahead of last Monday's preseason game.

Jaws is the premier QB evaluator in the media. "I was watching him throw the football — there were a few clips — and I was concerned in the weight transfer," said Jaworski. "I didn’t see the clean mechanics I’ve seen in the past. I’m not there every day, I’m not a doctor, but he just looks a little different right now. It’s pregame, it was warmup, people can discount that. I’m just saying from my eye, I didn’t see the clean drops, the weight transfer, stay on that back foot, snap the hips." Jaworski "really (doesn't) know what to expect" from Griffin in 2013.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Aug 23 - 2:18 PM

Jaws played for the Eagles, right?

:lol: EXACTLY

AND

I don't think that Bob has ever 'looked' perfect in the set-up or throwing action ... his passes get to where they have to and that is all that is important

Jaws is just "carrying on" a bit here IMO

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football