lets break down the DB depth...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

lets break down the DB depth...

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:54 pm

I'm going on record here as good as anywhere
Merriweather
Rambo
Is Tanard coming back?
Doughtey
Pugh > Gomes

... And cb is as follows:
Wilson
Hall
Amerson/Minnifield to close to call after thi.king about it.. Amerson probably spells the outside cb and Minnifield the slot guy both rotate at nickel...
Biggers and Murphey fighting to make the final spot

I'm big on Murphey and would probably be the only person NOT surprised to see him make the squad. It's an up hill battle w all the depth, but losing Crawford opened the door for Murphey IMO- you heard it here first!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm going on record here as good as anywhere
Merriweather
Rambo
Is Tanard coming back?
Doughtey
Pugh > Gomes

... And cb is as follows:
Wilson
Hall
Amerson/Minnifield to close to call after thi.king about it.. Amerson probably spells the outside cb and Minnifield the slot guy both rotate at nickel...
Biggers and Murphey fighting to make the final spot

Looks good - with Tanard being a big question. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Amerson and Minnifield starting before year end.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:13 pm

TJax is as good as gone. I'll take grooming a guy instead of giving this guy chance after chance after chance. He blew it and these guys have upside.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:57 am

Murphy is looking good on special teams too. I'd say that raises his stock...hope he makes it.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:00 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Murphy is looking good on special teams too. I'd say that raises his stock...hope he makes it.

That's what I've been sayin man!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:08 am

frankcal20 wrote:TJax is as good as gone. I'll take grooming a guy instead of giving this guy chance after chance after chance. He blew it and these guys have upside.

While I understand the sentiment, we are not in a postion to dismiss contributors. If Rambo goes down, we're worse off at FS than last year.

Tanard will be evaluated and more than likely brought back into the fold for this season.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:09 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:TJax is as good as gone. I'll take grooming a guy instead of giving this guy chance after chance after chance. He blew it and these guys have upside.

While I understand the sentiment, we are not in a postion to dismiss contributors. If Rambo goes down, we're worse off at FS than last year.

Tanard will be evaluated and more than likely brought back into the fold for this season.

The only thing that bothers me about that idea is the unknown of just what kind of shape (actual physical, football general and our defense specifically) Jackson will be in. I seem to recall him looking pretty good prior to his suspension last offseason, so I guess he knows a good part of the defense. But what I do not know is whether he was allowed to keep his old playbook, get an updated one for this season (I know they aren't allowed to contact him, but does that mean he can not receive or keep a playbook?) or, most importantly, when he's even going to be reinstated (for purposes of evaluation and time to get up to speed w/r/t to that point in the season. Meaning, can we afford to wait and not have someone else being groomed from jump?

So I'm not against him for the 9 strikes you're out reason (though I don't disagree with that idea), but am pessimistic about what that evaluation will reveal.
Last edited by emoses14 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:13 am

emoses14 wrote:The only thing that bothers me about that idea is the unknown of what the hell kind of shape (actual physical, football general and our defense specifically). I seem to recall him looking pretty damn good prior to his suspension last offseason, so I guess he knows a good part of the defense, but what I do not know is whether he was allowed to keep his playbook, get an updated one for this season (I know they aren't allowed to contact him, but does that mean he can not receive or keep a playbook?).

So I'm not against him for the 9 strikes you're out reason (though I don't disagree with that idea), but am pessimistic about what that evaluation will reveal.

- The team will have 6 weeks to evaluate and reintegrate him.
- They'll work him hard, get him into shape. I'd hope he'd start ramping up his training on his own beforehand.
- He knows the system, he knows Raheem... He'll pick up the X's and O's quick.
- He'll be Rambo's backup. He'll play special teams. He'll have more than 6 weeks to work back into shape.
- If the Rambo experiment fails, we'll fall back on Tanard.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:20 am

I wish I could be more confident about our DBs - there's 2 things we can look forward to .....

the secondary play will be better than last season ...

and

improved play from the front 7 will help ...
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:I wish I could be more confident about our DBs - there's 2 things we can look forward to .....

and

- Well, you should find comfort in an improved pass rush. Orakpo, Jenkins, Tapp...

- Find comfort in improved cornerback depth.

- Find hope :lol: , in the return of Meriweather.

- Find comfort in Doughty being his backup.

- I'm afraid of the FS position, lmao.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 am

SkinsJock wrote:I wish I could be more confident about our DBs - there's 2 things we can look forward to .....

and

I think you can take solace in the fact that at the least, this secondary should be really good in the latter half of the season, maybe even from the bye, on (barring catastrophic injury). Image

I think Rambo has shown an intelligence, willingness and "not-make-the-same-mistake-twiceness" that will have us soon forgetting his tackling issues in the 1st 2 preseason games. Already saw vast improvement in BIlls game. Amerson and Minnifield both show tremendous upside (and nastiness! Them boys like to hit) that shouldn't take long to pay off. I actually really like both hall and wilson, particularly when they've got competent safety help. My biggest concern (no, really) is the ability of Merriweather to be ready by Philly. I love/hate Reed, so i'm OK/terrified of the prospect of him starting/playing for an extended stretch of a, or multiple game(s). If the young guys continue to come on as they seem to be doing and/or exponentially, our secondary is gonna go from ? to crazy good, fast.

Yes, i've purposely left out the impact of the front 7 in the above, because I only think that enhances the above. I think the D could be better than the O as early as week 12-13. Definitely by next year, the all important 5th year under Shanahan.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:46 am

we do have some young guys that can step up and will become a better group than we've seen recently - face it, any improvement will be good :lol:

I'm looking for the D to be a big surprise for us this year - I think they may end up being a force towards the end of the season
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:27 pm

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/8/30/4675 ... -breakdown
Here's a good article that breaksdown Bacarri Rambo's improvement throughout preseaon.
It looks like he's been working hard at correcting his angles and hopefully as the season progresses things will slow down for him even more.

The defense has looked really good this preseason. Although stats don't mean much (and are about to get reset to 0) the Skins held opponents to just 474 yds (avg 3.9yds), 10/50 on 3rd down, and are +2 in turnovers in four games.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Postby yupchagee » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:46 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

The only thing that bothers me about that idea is the unknown of just what kind of shape (actual physical, football general and our defense specifically) Jackson will be in. I seem to recall him looking pretty good prior to his suspension last offseason, so I guess he knows a good part of the defense. But what I do not know is whether he was allowed to keep his old playbook, get an updated one for this season (I know they aren't allowed to contact him, but does that mean he can not receive or keep a playbook?) or, most importantly, when he's even going to be reinstated (for purposes of evaluation and time to get up to speed w/r/t to that point in the season. Meaning, can we afford to wait and not have someone else being groomed from jump?

Has T-Jack been reinstated by Roger?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:55 pm

yupchagee wrote:Has T-Jack been reinstated by Roger?

NOPE
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football