Trade RG3, keep Pat White

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:His QB is Weeden... Think about that. Seriously guys... They missed out on RG3 and drafted a rookie in his late 40's LMAO.

When you compare the drafts we each had that year, it is really sad. We got two quarterbacks who are better than their guy — not to mention one is a franchise player — and picked up a superior RB in the 6th round. The mismatch in value per pick is stunning.

Poor Browns' fans.

I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:56 am

What THN trolls think they do:

What they actually do:

"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby nonNFLer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:45 am

Interesting. Lots of emotional, knee-jerk reactions, but nobody can explain why keeping Cousins and trading RG3 (while his stock is high) is such a bad idea.

It's simple logic: Cousins > RG3

Even if RG3 didn't have reconstructed knees, you could argue it's a close call between the two. But, the fact that he does, makes it a no-brainer.

In 5 years, RG3 won't be in the NFL. Cousins, by that time, might be going for his second Super Bowl ring. Who's jersey will he be wearing at that time?

BTW, love the Cleveland jokes. But sorry, I'm more of a Redskins fan now than a Browns fan. I couldn't even tell you the names of any Browns players or even the head coach.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:54 am

nonNFLer wrote:BTW, love the Cleveland jokes. But sorry, I'm more of a Redskins fan now than a Browns fan..

No you're a Browns fan and you'll be spoken to as such. Anyone referring to you as anything other than a Browns fan will be corrected.

That being said...

Cousins > Weeden
RGIII > Weeden
Rex > Weeden
Morris > Richardson

How does it feel to have the Steelers completely falling apart but still finish last in your division? :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:58 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
emoses14 wrote:I know it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and smells like a duck, but can one person really be this uninspired by life to keep coming around with this inane comments/ideas? Really?

If I've learned one thing in hanging around this board for the last 10 years, it's that yes, yes they can.

Yeah, I see the rest of the similarities now.

"I'm being logical in the presentation of my illogical idea; no one else wants to play, choosing instead to amuse themselves by avoiding the 'point' I made to amuse myself."
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby nonNFLer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
nonNFLer wrote:BTW, love the Cleveland jokes. But sorry, I'm more of a Redskins fan now than a Browns fan..

No you're a Browns fan and you'll be spoken to as such. Anyone referring to you as anything other than a Browns fan will be corrected.

That being said...

Cousins > Weeden
RGIII > Weeden
Rex > Weeden
Morris > Richardson

How does it feel to have the Steelers completely falling apart but still finish last in your division? :lol:

Here, I'll make your day and actually respond to your intelligent, thought-provking input:

Oh goodness. You really got me. How will I continue with my day? How will I sleep tonight?

In all seriousness, this place is apparently where all the home-schooled kids come to burn off their sugar-high. You can delete my account and this thread. When Cousins is gone and RG3 goes limping off the field - let's hope there's a good plan in place.

Adios.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:42 pm

nonNFLer wrote:You can delete my account and this thread.

Why would I delete my source of amusement?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Meh...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:31 pm

nonNFLer wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

That being said...

Cousins > Weeden
RGIII > Weeden
Rex > Weeden
Morris > Richardson

Here, I'll make your day and actually respond to your intelligent, thought-provking input:

Oh goodness. You really got me. How will I continue with my day? How will I sleep tonight?

In all seriousness, this place is apparently where all the home-schooled kids come to burn off their sugar-high. You can delete my account and this thread. When Cousins is gone and RG3 goes limping off the field - let's hope there's a good plan in place.
Adios.

Bu-bye,
Don't let the Lombardi trophies horsecollar you on the way back to the bridge.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:05 pm

ROTFALMAO - you've got to get a grip ...

NO Redskins fan is going to advocate trading away Robert Griffin III - actually nobody with any sense would think of doing that ... :lol:

EXCEPT maybe a very disgruntled/pissed-off Cleveland Browns fan ...

it really must make you mad that we ended up with RG3 when everyone knew that the Browns could have offered a better package but were just a little late in doing it ...
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:03 pm

You're right! QBs should always be traded five years before their careers are over.

By your logic, the Patriots should have shopped around Tom Brady long before now.

Then we can get some first round draft picks that we can use on more people we should trade before they get hurt.

The plan is genius, but why stop there? Running backs don't usually last past 30, we could trade Morris too!

If we keep this up, we might have every first round pick in 2017; of course, we'll be 0-16, but who cares! We'll have draft picks!
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:You're right! QBs should always be traded five years before their careers are over.

By your logic, the Patriots should have shopped around Tom Brady long before now.

Then we can get some first round draft picks that we can use on more people we should trade before they get hurt.

The plan is genius, but why stop there? Running backs don't usually last past 30, we could trade Morris too!

If we keep this up, we might have every first round pick in 2017; of course, we'll be 0-16, but who cares! We'll have draft picks!

addendum:

Yes. Draft picks we can make then trade once they make the team. I love it!!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:52 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:You're right! QBs should always be traded five years before their careers are over.

addendum:

Yes. Draft picks we can make then trade once they make the team. I love it!!

Well of course, you have to trade them before they get hurt and lose all their value; otherwise how will you get more draft picks? Duh!
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Postby yupchagee » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:28 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

That being said...

Cousins > Weeden
RGIII > Weeden
Rex > Weeden
Morris > Richardson

You forgot White>Weedon :D
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:15 am

You ever read a title of a thread and said.. "eeeeehhhh, f it" ?

Definitely one of those posts.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football