Redskins Cuts

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby yupchagee » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
yupchagee wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
yupchagee wrote:
rskin72 wrote:Just listening to NFL radio.....think Jim Miller thinks that maybe we are dangling Grossman as trade bait vice White.....or another theory is that White will emulate Vick for practice this week, then could be gone..

QB's on roster, both rookies, 1 undrafted. They may well want some with experience on roster.

We don't have any rookies at qb... :hmm:

I meant the Bills might be looking for an experienced QB.

Ah I see.. with Kolb out indefinitely Pat White has more experience then anyone they have at qb not just Rex... Hopefully we get an offer can't refuse from one of these qb starved teams soon!

That's what I'm hoping for. For the right offer, I'm sure either would be available.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:47 am

I see Gomes was claimed by the Lions over the weekend. Good for him.

cleg

Postby cleg » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 am

I can't imagine that anyone would actually trade anything for Pat White. If anything maybe a conditional 7th rounder or something. I think he is on the roster either to emulate Vick or the Shanny's have some sort of actual plan to use him in some packages.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

piggie

Postby jr_uscg » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:55 am

Why would we trade Pat White? Who is going to back up RGIII a couple years down the road? Cousins will be starting somewhere else and Rex, well Rex will be Rex. Maybe we can add him to the coaching staff. Basically, that is why we keep him anyway, coach the young QBs. Yes, Pat has been away from the game for a while, but Shanny sees talent. Plus, Pat can run the same plays as RGIII. Great pick! WorK in progress...
Semper Paratus
Hail to the Redskins

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:21 am

jr_uscg wrote:Why would we trade Pat White? Who is going to back up RGIII a couple years down the road? Cousins will be starting somewhere else and Rex, well Rex will be Rex. Maybe we can add him to the coaching staff. Basically, that is why we keep him anyway, coach the young QBs. Yes, Pat has been away from the game for a while, but Shanny sees talent. Plus, Pat can run the same plays as RGIII. Great pick! WorK in progress...

Well, White can RUN the same plays as RG3, but he certainly cannot EXECUTE them. I'm sorry, but the only similarities between Pat and RG3 are skin colour and an ability to run. The difference in ability to throw the ball is like night and day.

If we can trade White, then it's great work by the front office. He has shown something during the preseason, but he'll never be able to start for a team that plans to contend in the playoffs.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:23 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:If we can trade White, then it's great work by the front office. He has shown something during the preseason, but he'll never be able to start for a team that plans to contend in the playoffs.

I don't think anybody would trade for him. He's not THAT good. We have 4 QB, they'd just wait for us to release him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:26 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:If we can trade White, then it's great work by the front office. He has shown something during the preseason, but he'll never be able to start for a team that plans to contend in the playoffs.

I don't think anybody would trade for him. He's not THAT good. We have 4 QB, they'd just wait for us to release him.

I agree. I'll upgrade my previous statement: IF we can trade White, then it's astounding, maybe even mindbogglingly good work by the front office ;-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:16 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

I agree. I'll upgrade my previous statement: IF we can trade White, then it's astounding, maybe even mindbogglingly good work by the front office ;-)
There are several FO's that could make that not too difficult...
Oakland, despite the "departure" of Al remains prone to "unusual" personnel moves... There's always the Jets... and the Bills are but a strained foot away from a desperate move.

One can always hope that there's a GM who has a sudden bout of "Dikka" disorder...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:21 am

Countertrey wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

There are several FO's that could make that not too difficult...
Oakland, despite the "departure" of Al remains prone to "unusual" personnel moves... There's always the Jets... and the Bills are but a strained foot away from a desperate move.

One can always hope that there's a GM who has a sudden bout of "Dikka" disorder...

I was thinking about the Jets today too. Rex Ryan was on Mike & Mike this morning hinting that they might have to make a QB move soon.

I don't see anybody trading for Pat White, but I wonder why a team like the Jets or the Bills doesn't consider a low draft pick trade for Grossman. Obviously he's not your QB of the future, but I guarantee you I would rather have Rex this year than Brady Quinn.

Either way, I guess it sucks if your QB situation is so dire going into week one that you would have to consider such a move. lol.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:55 pm

"J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!"...have not changed. Have no QB and not much hope that any of theoir healthy players can play QB. Newspapers etc have questioned Rex Ryan's sanity, in effect.

Didn't the J-E-T-S have Tebow last season? Didn't they collect Patrick Ramsey after Gibbs dropped him?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football