Trade RG3, keep Pat White

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:20 am

nonNFLer wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
nonNFLer wrote:BTW, love the Cleveland jokes. But sorry, I'm more of a Redskins fan now than a Browns fan..

No you're a Browns fan and you'll be spoken to as such. Anyone referring to you as anything other than a Browns fan will be corrected.

That being said...

Cousins > Weeden
RGIII > Weeden
Rex > Weeden
Morris > Richardson

How does it feel to have the Steelers completely falling apart but still finish last in your division? :lol:

Here, I'll make your day and actually respond to your intelligent, thought-provking input:

Oh goodness. You really got me. How will I continue with my day? How will I sleep tonight?

In all seriousness, this place is apparently where all the home-schooled kids come to burn off their sugar-high. You can delete my account and this thread. When Cousins is gone and RG3 goes limping off the field - let's hope there's a good plan in place.

Adios.

Do with this as you want, but I think the board's knee jerk reaction to your post is more a result of pent up frustration fro a previous CLE fan poster and not as much about you personally. That, coupled with the fact the premise of your post is wrong, makes you a HUGE target here.

That said, I'm not sure what you expected the response to be from the posters here. RGIII is DC royalty at this point. CLE (even to a greater degree) is similar to the skins in that they haven't had a quality QB since Bernie Kosar --- and if he doesn't count --- Otto Graham. If the Browns had the year the skins did last season with RGIII --- and you saw every game and everything RGIII did; you wouldn't have made the post. Cousins is fine QB and had a solid game vs. CLE (probably one of the few skins games you watched), but he isn't anything close to RGIII. RGIII is the heart of this team. The seahawks game is a good example.

And I wouldn't go blindly saying that RGIII can't recover or will get reinjured. That is another statement based on you having misinformation or not understanding the new surgical and rehabilitative process of knee injuries --- something that is now only a couple years old. I personally believe that one of the reasons RGIII reinjured the knee was because his first surgery was not done as well. As long as he protects himself, he'll be fine. RGIII is a highly intelligent guy ---- as such I'm confident he has learned what he needs to prevent further injury.

Although I'm trying to be as diplomatic as I can, I have to say that even the thought ---- even for one fraction of a milisecond ---- of trading RGIII and keeping Pat White ------ is just total crazy town ---- and you're the mayor. A move like that would make even Vinny Cerato look like a football genius. PWhite hasn't played an NFL game since 2009. He doesn't have 1 single regular season NFL completion!!! And you want to trade a once in a lifetime franchise player for that?????? And he hasn't even looked that good in the preseason ---- against 3rd stringers!!!!!! WTF is going on in your head? If you actually believe what you are posting, you may need to take some time, ponder, and reconsider everything you know about the game of football.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Re: Trade RG3, keep Pat White

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:53 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Welcome to the site - NOT a good start though ... :twisted:

LOL. "And the winner of the tactful, understated reply of the year is....SKINSJOCK! Let's give him a big hand!"

Nicely done. Not many would have used kid gloves. I salute you sir.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

swine

Postby masterkwon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:27 pm

burgngold4life wrote:RG3 won't get injured like that again(hopefully)

It's happened twice in three years. It most definitely will happen again. That's why Cousins has to stay.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:02 pm

masterkwon wrote:
burgngold4life wrote:RG3 won't get injured like that again(hopefully)

It's happened twice in three years. It most definitely will happen again. That's why Cousins has to stay.

Why? - please explain how you know this? do NOT try and BS me with -"well there's a good chance ... " OR "the knee cannot be able to take another hit ..."

JUST EXPLAIN HOW YOU KNOW THIS WILL happen ... thanks
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:04 pm

OR ... :lol:

just say ... "I really DO NOT HAVE A CLUE and like to stir things up ..." :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Re: Trade RG3, keep Pat White

Postby ZoneRead » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:57 am

nonNFLer wrote:When I look at your team, I see an identity problem on offense. You've got zone-read QBs Griffin and White, and you've got pocket-passers Cousins and Grossman. You can pretend all you want how great it is to have differing styles, but is that really what you want? You want your starter to get hurt in week 14 and you get ready for the playoffs using a completely different system? I don't like those odds. You should want your 2nd string QB to use the same style as the 1st string QB.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk - you could not be more wrong. The Redskins DO NOT have an identity problem offensively. They have JUST ONE QB who is the starter. That is Robert Griffin III. The type of QB our backups are has nothing to do with the starting offense. It's not a QB by committee offense.

The zone read scheme and the pistol formation is simply a wrinkle in the offense. It's NOT THE ENTIRE offense. It can still be used by lesser mobile QBs, just not as effectively as RG3. But the majority and the base of the offense is the same. That is why Cousins could step in right away and do a great job. That is why Grossman is still on the team because he knows the offense so well.

The Redskins had a top offense in the league last year. How anyone could question their identity or how the coaches are handling the QB situation is ridiculous. It's like telling Michael Jordan he needs to work on his jump shot.

+++++++

Postby Wysocki » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:48 am

I think White will be released after the Philly game - he'll do his Vick imitation in practice this week (although I hope we keep him!!!)
I'm just stirrin' the pot and living in the '70s.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Wysocki wrote:I think White will be released after the Philly game - he'll do his Vick imitation in practice this week (although I hope we keep him!!!)
I think there's more to it than that... you don't tie up a regular season roster spot on a player to mimic a quarterback that you already have the full book on.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:44 am

Countertrey wrote:
Wysocki wrote:I think White will be released after the Philly game - he'll do his Vick imitation in practice this week (although I hope we keep him!!!)
I think there's more to it than that... you don't tie up a regular season roster spot on a player to mimic a quarterback that you already have the full book on.

+1

It would be plausible if the Eagles weren't the week one opponent, cutting White AFTER the Eagles game would mean the Skins are on the hook for White's full 2013 salary. If the game were say week 3 they could've cut him and then re-sign him next week and only have to pay him for the weeks that he is on the roster.

On the roster for week one = $480K, not on the roster until AFTER week one = $$28,235 per week
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:10 am

Like I said months ago, Mike/Kyle have something up their sleeve with him.

Pat said this during a recent interview.

White was then asked in his short time with the Redskins, if he’d practiced in any situations in which he and Robert Griffin III were on the field at the same time.

“Not just yet,” White said, leaving the door wide open.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:13 am

I guess it's rather sad that I feel the need to come into this thread to state that I have nothing to say in this thread.....
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:19 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:I guess it's rather sad that I feel the need to come into this thread to state that I have nothing to say in this thread.....

lol. I keep logging on here and finding myself shocked that this is really an active discussion.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:08 am

1niksder wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

+1

It would be plausible if the Eagles weren't the week one opponent, cutting White AFTER the Eagles game would mean the Skins are on the hook for White's full 2013 salary. If the game were say week 3 they could've cut him and then re-sign him next week and only have to pay him for the weeks that he is on the roster.

On the roster for week one = $480K, not on the roster until AFTER week one = $$28,235 per week

I had heard a couple teams were interested in "acquiring" White and may potentially be willing to offer a draft pick(s) for him. Honestly, I believe a trade would have happened already, but that is my opinion on why he's still around. If we had waived PW to get to 53, he would have been picked up rather quickly.

And I highly doubt it is to mimic pistol-type offenses in practice. Philly, Oakland, and SF are the only teams we play with a non-pocket QB.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Like I said months ago, Mike/Kyle have something up their sleeve with him.

Pat said this during a recent interview.

White was then asked in his short time with the Redskins, if he’d practiced in any situations in which he and Robert Griffin III were on the field at the same time.

“Not just yet,” White said, leaving the door wide open.

We will get a big indication if they have something up their sleeves if White is active for MNF.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:29 pm

I don't think White will be gone after week one. Keeping a roster spot for a guy to simply mimick another teams qb in a practice situation is just baffling to me. I see us using White in a wildcat type of formation, probably in a similar way the Jets used Tebow last year.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football