USA TODAY: Cofield alleges 'collusion' against Giants

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

USA TODAY: Cofield alleges 'collusion' against Giants

Postby ACW » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:04 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... s/2768689/
"I think everyone was aware. I was very aware and upset,'' said Cofield, who will play Monday night's season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles despite a broken bone in his right hand. "I felt like it was wrong and collusion and all those words that we try to get past.

"What can you do? We won last year, won the division and were able to keep this team together. We use it as motivation, especially when a team in the division was spearheading the effort, a team I played for gives me even more desire to do good despite those penalties.''
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:54 am

Tell it like it is, Mr. Cofield!!!

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:42 am

He and Bowen have become real leaders. Our front 7 at least is beast.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:47 am

The NFL as much as admitted to the collusion. They just made the case that there was nothing the NFLPA could do about it, since they signed their rights away in the CBA.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Truth!
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:39 pm

Deadskins wrote:The NFL as much as admitted to the collusion. They just made the case that there was nothing the NFLPA could do about it, since they signed their rights away in the CBA.

Yep.

Win the NFC East two years in a row, and I think we'll have the last laugh on Mara!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:22 pm

mmm... his complaint is, of course, legitimate... but, frankly, a bit of crocodile tears. His union was the one obstacle that could have prevented this, as it was the only group the ability to say no. If they had refused to sign off on the deal, it would have been a no go, and Mara's master plan would have died right there. If he wants a pound of flesh, he should start with the NFLPA.

His union certainly did not represent HIS interests, nor the interests of his team mates, nor of the players on the Cowboys at the time... in fact, it appears to have colluded with the league against the Redskins and Cowboys.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:11 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:The NFL as much as admitted to the collusion. They just made the case that there was nothing the NFLPA could do about it, since they signed their rights away in the CBA.

Yep.

Win the NFC East two years in a row, and I think we'll have the last laugh on Mara!

No, playing in Mara's stadium this February would be the ultimate Frak U to Mara!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Countertrey wrote:mmm... his complaint is, of course, legitimate... but, frankly, a bit of crocodile tears. His union was the one obstacle that could have prevented this, as it was the only group the ability to say no. If they had refused to sign off on the deal, it would have been a no go, and Mara's master plan would have died right there. If he wants a pound of flesh, he should start with the NFLPA.

His union certainly did not represent HIS interests, nor the interests of his team mates, nor of the players on the Cowboys at the time... in fact, it appears to have colluded with the league against the Redskins and Cowboys.

His union did what unions do...took easy money
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:mmm... his complaint is, of course, legitimate... but, frankly, a bit of crocodile tears. His union was the one obstacle that could have prevented this, as it was the only group the ability to say no. If they had refused to sign off on the deal, it would have been a no go, and Mara's master plan would have died right there. If he wants a pound of flesh, he should start with the NFLPA.

His union did what unions do...took easy money
That, of course, is a given... however, my point is, those players who are looking for someone to blame should begin with those on THEIR payroll, at the headquarters of the NFLPA.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football