Week 1 Game Thread: R U Ready for Some Football?!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Philly was held in check in the second half. As the season goes along, who wants to bet we get better while they fade?

HTTR

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Philly was held in check in the second half. As the season goes along, who wants to bet we get better while they fade?

HTTR
Soon as Vick goes down, they are cooked. Add to that, that teams now have tape. Anybody remember how Spurrier lit it up at first? As soon as there was tape, the magic was gone.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Philly was held in check in the second half. As the season goes along, who wants to bet we get better while they fade?

HTTR

Our defense did well but we need to tighten these missed tackles.

They held back a new style of offense in the 2nd half so I'm pleased for the most part.

Jordan Reed is gonna be a great one.

With RG3 not running as much, I'd like to see us having Helu or Thompson in the backfield with Morris. Something to split up the defense.

Already said this before, but I love seeing Griffin as an elusive pocket passer.

Another thing, when we had our own "hurry up" offense we did serious damage. I think that should be our 3rd or 4th quarter scheme.

Postby yupchagee » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Countertrey wrote:Bad... worst first half I can recall... and my recall goes back to the early 60's. The promising thing is the heart they played with in the second half. RG3 got his mojo back... loved his mobility when extending plays. This team will be a much better prepared team next week.

I go back to the 50's & I agree.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Countertrey wrote:Bad... worst first half I can recall... and my recall goes back to the early 60's.

Then you don't recall two years ago on Monday night against the Smeagols?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Joshua Morgan showed no sign of game clock awareness.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Deadskins wrote:Joshua Morgan showed no sign of game clock awareness.

Two guys with minor break out nights: Hank and Reed. Both looked fine. We might be alright, but Green Bay might be too much next week. Robert looked better at times in the second half, but he's not ready yet. Bad for Morris. He needs the old RG3 as a threat or they'll be laying for him and we'll have no run game again.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:10 am

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Bad... worst first half I can recall... and my recall goes back to the early 60's.

Then you don't recall two years ago on Monday night against the Smeagols?
Sorry... that was not close. See yupchagee's response.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 am

Countertrey wrote:

HTTR
Soon as Vick goes down, they are cooked. Add to that, that teams now have tape. Anybody remember how Spurrier lit it up at first? As soon as there was tape, the magic was gone.

hah. All I could think last night watching the Eagles celebrating was about Spurrier hanging all of those points on the 49ers with Wuerffel. We all thought he was about to reinvent football in the NFL!!!

I don't want to be sour grapes about it. Credit to the Eagles and Kelly for just completely taking it to us that first half. I actually bad for our defense. I'm sure that was exhausting AND embarrassing.

I'll be curious to see if that offense is sustainable or not. Its not just Vick they have to worry about. Playing 50+ snaps in a half, guys are eventually going to go down. Its not Oregon with 125 players on the roster.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football