Postgame thread: Nothing to get worked up over

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
||||||

Postgame thread: Nothing to get worked up over

Postby EA7649 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:45 pm

I couldn't believe how bad we played all the way to the middle of the 3rd. I don't feel so hopeless against the Packers next week now. Griffen finally seemed comfortable towards the end of the 3rd.

We started 3-6 last year, we have it in us.

It can only get better.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:53 pm

It was the first game, but we got waxed. Don't kid yourselves. Easily could have been 50 on us. The Eagles let up in my opinion.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:59 pm

o it def could of been way worse. just shows eagle skills

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Maybe this is how teams felt against our offense last year.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Postby fm330 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:28 pm

It was a horrible showing by the whole team in general but I don't think the eagles let up. The defense started to adjust to what they were doing. I am just glad we finished respectable and the cat is out of the bag on the eagles now. It's clear the whole team needs work though. Next Sunday is a tough one.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:32 pm

On to the packers. They were out of sorts
All night.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:55 am

I think think they ran the read option once last night. Griffin had no designed runs and got absolutely pounded in the pocket!

They didn't ruin the offense they ran ran last year. After that gift of a fumble for a TD everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Morris wasn't his usual self, but that could have been because the OL played like crap.

One good sign was RG3 looked like his old self in the 4th qtr. That TD to Hanerson was avery very good throw.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:02 am

chiefhog44 wrote:It was the first game, but we got waxed. Don't kid yourselves. Easily could have been 50 on us. The Eagles let up in my opinion.

+1

Awful, awful game by our offense all around.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:05 am

Not really a shocker... other than the outcome

It took 3 quarters to make up for limited to no pre-season work for Griff, and the starters... by then they were down by a fumble, safety, two picks, and a wacky Philly scheme that worked pretty good until the half time adjustments kicked in. In the end the game was winnable if not for the the penalties that seemed to persist for 4 quarters.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:08 am

The D was in complete disarray and didn't have a clue about what to do with Philly's O until the 3rd qtr. Our O looked terrible in the 1st half. RG3's passes were way off the mark, Morris fumbling, receivers dropping passes...makes me question their game prep...the entire team looked much better beginning about half way through the 3rd qtr...and while I can certainly understand trying to be more careful with RG3, I think he spent too much time in the pocket and not enough time running...his running is a big part of the offense and they basically game planned that part of the offense out...he still needs his running plays, he just needs to be smarter than he was last year about avoiding the hits.

I have to admit, the way this game started had me thinking "oh here we go again with the worst team in the division," but after halftime the team seemed to settle down a bit and started getting their bearings back...if the Skins play against the Packers the way they played the 4th qtr last night, I like their chances...

Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:11 am

1niksder wrote:Not really a shocker... other than the outcome

It took 3 quarters to make up for limited to no pre-season work for Griff, and the starters... by then they were down by a fumble, safety, two picks, and a wacky Philly scheme that worked pretty good until the half time adjustments kicked in. In the end the game was winnable if not for the the penalties that seemed to persist for 4 quarters.

I forgot about all of the penalties...they definitely need to get that problem cleared up...

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:20 am

I thought our defense actually handled Philly pretty good in the first quarter...our damn offense kept bringing them right back on the field with no rest.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:25 am

Too bad the offense was terrible early. They marched on us but we got them to 4th and 1 and 31 other coaches would've kicked a FG ... though I did not expect them to. Then we got the defensive TD.

Then we held them to a FG. Then we fumbled on our first offensive play.

Then they score in one play from our 25.

Then we throw a pick.

They start at our 48 but we stop them and fair catch at the 5 yard line.

Then we pitch in the endzone!!!!!! and surrender a safety.

They take over at our 48 but we stop them AGAIN.

Morris goes for 15 on 2nd down then we go 3 and out.

We punt and stop them AGAIN.

We complete an 11 yard pass then go 3 and out.

D got a lot of stops in the 1st half (and even scored) but the offense was anemic.

SMH.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:43 am

The D seemed to be pretty solid considering all of the wacky alignments they faced. Everyone else who plays the Iggles from here forward will have film to study, but the key to stopping them seems to be pressuring Vick. He took a lot of shots, includind several dives instead of slides, and looked gimpy by the 4th. I had hoped for a better showing by RGIII, but by the end it seemed like most of the cobwebs and dust were cleared away As bad as it looked, we win this game with our O in normal
mode
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:04 am

No nfl team lets up with a less than 2 touchdown lead. That is stupid.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football