Redskins start 0 and 2

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Redskins start 0 and 2

Postby SKINS#1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:28 pm

With Green Bay coming up I think it is likely the Redskins will start 0 & 2. While this is not a "show stopper" it is not what I expected.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:39 pm

We have a tough season, no doubt about it. It will be best for the whole team in the long haul; especially the rookies (as long as they stay healthy).

If we make something of ourselves this year (I think we'll "come alive" after a few weeks), we'll be all the more explosive next year.

We have a powerhouse team. There's just a few weak links that need to be addressed. You're only as strong as your weakest link, and that's what we witnessed Monday.

If we can't replace those few weak links in the draft next year, we will in free agency.

As emotional as its been for us all the past year, we need to stick together as fans and remember just how much better things are and how good we have it now. Can anyone in their sanity say "we can't win with RG3"? Shoot, we can even win with our weak o-line, but like last year, they will become quite adequate fairly soon.

Lets hope we perfect that o-line and our secondary next year, and this year, that they improve and hold down the fort.

Our secondary is better than it was last year, there's still issues, but its better. I think next year we'll perfect it.

Skins#1, keep your head up. We're all feeling that worry and sorrow of not knowing what's coming next, but man, we're doing the best we have in so many years. Lets not forget this team is improving...they work too hard not to continue to improve; they just had a bad 1st half.

Lastly, we're EXPERTS in losing games we should have won and winning games we should have lost. Hoping for a shocking victory.

HTTR!!
Last edited by HTTRRG3ALMO on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:49 pm

My d o gg! Well put!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:19 pm

It would not surprise me if the Redskins won this game. I think we are legitimately the underdogs, but this wouldn't be an upset on the scale of, say, the Ravens beating the Broncos in this season's opener. (:twisted:)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:It would not surprise me if the Redskins won this game. I think we are legitimately the underdogs, but this wouldn't be an upset on the scale of, say, the Ravens beating the Broncos in this season's opener. (:twisted:)

I think our boys are gonna come out playing angry.

Even if we lose, the Pack will walk away limping.

08 Champ

Re: Redskins start 0 and 2

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:49 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:With Green Bay coming up I think it is likely the Redskins will start 0 & 2. While this is not a "show stopper" it is not what I expected.

it's NOT a big deal ... what exactly is your point?

one of these 2 teams is going to start 0-2 and both of these teams are still going to win their divisions - what's the problem?
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

cleg

Postby cleg » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:With Green Bay coming up I think it is likely the Redskins will start 0 & 2. While this is not a "show stopper" it is not what I expected.

one of these 2 teams is going to start 0-2 and both of these teams are still going to win their divisions - what's the problem?

Agreed - I think they will end the "first quarter" of the season 2-2, which, all things considered is not that big a deal. They will be 2 games behind the Eagles after this week which frustrates me but I don't think that will last either.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

cleg

Postby cleg » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:

Agreed - I think they will end the "first quarter" of the season 2-2, which, all things considered is not that big a deal. They will be 2 games behind the Eagles after this week which frustrates me but I don't think that will last either.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:10 am

I'm not saying that the Redskins don't have concerns, they do .. the fact remains that the Redskins will not play that badly all season and the Eagles will not play that well all season or against teams that made as many stupid mistakes as we did early in the game

we could very well be down 0-2 - the season is still 16 games :roll:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:09 am

Now that other teams have film on the Egirls, they aren't going to be as hard pressed to read the offense. Vick was limping and had stopped scrambling by the end of the game. If he doesn't last the season, I doubt Foles can effectively run that spread. I don't see them sustaining. If our O had performed as expected, the Egirls get FAR fewer possessions, run FAR fewer plays, score less, and probably lose. I hope that RG's awful mechanics improve rapidly. The forth quarter offered hope. If his mechanics heal as fast as his knee did, this could be a trap game for the Pack. In any case, we will be ok. I also hope Robert brings his smile with him this week. The unhappy look on his face throughout the game showed that he wasn't having fun. When he gets his groove back, I think we will see it.

HTTR
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:21 am

SkinsJock wrote:I'm not saying that the Redskins don't have concerns, they do .. the fact remains that the Redskins will not play that badly all season and the Eagles will not play that well all season or against teams that made as many stupid mistakes as we did early in the game

we could very well be down 0-2 - the season is still 16 games :roll:

Right on man. Weren't we like 3-6 at the start of last season? It remains to be seen, but I'm pretty sure we're a better team this year.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:28 am

Here we go with this ridiculous fan speak. You can't predict wins and losses people. Most people chalked up the New Orleans game last year as a loss, and figured we would beat St. Louis.

Wins and Losses are all that matter. Doesn't matter who they come against. You will win games you're "picked" to lose, and you'll lose games you're "picked" to win. That's just the NFL.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:45 pm

The Hogster wrote:Wins and Losses are all that matter. Doesn't matter who they come against. You will win games you're "picked" to lose, and you'll lose games you're "picked" to win. That's just the NFL.

So by our bye week we'll be 1-3?!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:10 pm

0-16 or 15-1... I'm onboard rooting on my squad every week... I never understand the doom and gloom some fans have after a loss
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Wow ... already conceding the packers game? Hell, somebody cancel the hotel and air reservations. :roll:

The Packers are not invincible, and the Redskins have a very good team that just stumbled out of the gate Monday night. It was the perfect storm that allowed the Eagles to win ... nothing more than that. They had the advantage of having film on us, but we had nothing to game plan against them defensively ... so the D was in a poor position early, just on that account ... but then you add what was the worst and most discombobulated offensive performance in years, the Redskin defense STILL played well in spite of having TWO offenses working to defeat them.

A fumble, a safety, two int's AND a scripted no huddle mystery offense from the eagles put them in a huge hole real fast, yet the D stepped up exactly when the offense stopped looking like they had never played football before, and the Redskins came close to winning after starting the game 33-7 !!!

Haslett deserves a bunch of credit in how he fought the elements and kept Philly from blowing this game wide open before the half ... could have been way worse and insurmountable. So, I think, while it's disappointing to have a putrid first half like that and lose the opener ... the way this team responded in the 2nd half should be cause for optimism. I don't think you will ever see the Redskin offense look anywhere close to that bad the rest of the year, as they are a very talented group.

RG3 was rusty ... pure and simple ... his mechanics were POOR ... throwing off balance ... missing open receivers badly ... nothing like the RG3 we know he is. You will not see that RG3 again this year either ... he's a smart player, and once he sees the film, he'll be his own worst critic. and he will show up strong against the Pack.

Kyle needs to call a better game, too. He was part of the problem on offense and why it struggled ... without the luxury of preseason play, this playing a standard drop-pocket QB approach was not the way to go ... he needed to have Robert moving ... not running ... not necessarily the option ... just rolling out .. right and left, with that Philly pressure and constant middle blitzing, that would have allowed him more time to make plays, and that is what the kid is used to doing ... WHY WHY WHY do something entirely different in the first game back from injury, and NO TIME IN LIVE GAME CONDITIONS ? It was a brain dead thing to do ... easy to say in hindsight, sure .. but really .... a pitch out in your own end zone? This is one of the things I've always whined about with Kyle Shanahan ... sometimes he out-thinks or out-smarts himself with some of this craziness ... like using Robert as a receiver last year ... stupid, stupid, stupid maneuver.

Robert is not a standard drop back pocket passer type QB .. that's not to say he can't be, or shouldn't be .. just that he hasn't been and shouldn't have been asked to be in the first game back. It was a VERY POOR GAME PLAN strategically , and conceptually. Even if the decision was to protect him early ... keeping him in the pocket with the way philly was cranking up the blitz packages on every passing down ... I thought put him in greater jeopardy, and he got hit hard quite a few times in that game, and it was obvious that he was uncomfortable early. A poor decision and a poor game plan was as much responsible as RG3's rust.

The Redskins will give the Packers a good game ... and there is no reason to concede the game before it even starts.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football