Rambo and Rak

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
ch1

Rambo and Rak

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:16 am

Seems to me Rambo is taking too much flak and Rak not enough. Rambo was scored on, but the play was a tough one even by NFL standards. Weighed against that was generally good pass defense and ten tackles (that's right--ten!) On the other hand, Rak was faked out of his shoes by runners time after time and proved the weakest link in our defense, whose pathetic tackling was a major reason for our defeat (with Griffin's poor play in the first half). Frankly, I'm tired of seeing Rak's ineptness as a linebacker against the run. I would have put in someone else, quick. I know he's rusty, but face it, his weakness against the run has been consistent throughout his career. For me, that's a deal breaker. He's not a top player, never has been.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:38 am

Yeah he sucks. :roll:

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:00 pm

It's not that he sucks, or that he is not a disruptive force, but I can't count the times over the years Ive watched him speed rush himself out of position. IMO he is our best choice at the position, but it would be nice to see him build on his repetoire. I seem to recall him quoted as having been working on new technique, but I haven't seen any of it yet. Did I miss it, or does he seem to be the same guy?

:?:
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Kerrigan is our best defender that is clear now.
Rak remains super talented his faults are all mental mistakes.
He continually fails to keep his contain as a DE/OLB. Rak also fails to put his hands up when he cant get to the QB on time. I seen more then a handful of plays were Rak could have batted the pass down had he just put his hands up and jumped.

So its mostly mental for Rak. He has all the physical tools necessary. Its the mental side of it. It was his first game back in a while. So lets just hope he makes those adjustments. I am sure he will.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Much as I hate to, I can't disagree with the sentiments in this thread. I keep thinking, put Kerrigan's motor and instincts in Rak's supremely talented physique, and you've got another Wilber Marshall; a nightmare freak with extremely bad intentions.

As it stands now, Kerrigan is the better defender by a good margin. Rak's not a bust, that's for sure, but for where we picked him he certainly hasn't delivered the way he should.

Sigh...
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:54 pm

I said it at the end of last year, I think Rob Jackson is the better overall LB. No he can't rush the passer as well as Rak, but he is better against the run and MUCH< MUCH< MUCH better in coverage!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:47 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Kerrigan is our best defender that is clear now.
Rak remains super talented his faults are all mental mistakes.
He continually fails to keep his contain as a DE/OLB. Rak also fails to put his hands up when he cant get to the QB on time. I seen more then a handful of plays were Rak could have batted the pass down had he just put his hands up and jumped.

So its mostly mental for Rak. He has all the physical tools necessary. Its the mental side of it. It was his first game back in a while. So lets just hope he makes those adjustments. I am sure he will.

Yeah...he's mental alright. Come on, players have been in this game SINCE POP WARNER. You mean to tell me he doesn't know when to jump up and bat the ball down....?? Pathetic = Rak if you ask me.

Too much hype .......production? Not so much
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:35 am

I thought the Front 7 gave McCoy way too much space and I thought everybody did a pretty bad job of tackling McCoy in space. Kerrigan looked good. Orakpo didn't look great, but Jason Peters was healthy, i.e. we have Trent Williams and sometimes a good left tackle will neutralize somebody. Not making excuses just saying that he will have his games and the last one was not one of them.

The line concerns me right now, they got annihilated, the whole no Carriker no Jenkins thing hurts bad, and Cofield is out there with a 20 lb. cast on his hand. Bowen looked bad I thought. We're gonna get run on from what I can tell unless things change a lot next game.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:28 am

brad7686 wrote:I thought the Front 7 gave McCoy way too much space and I thought everybody did a pretty bad job of tackling McCoy in space. Kerrigan looked good. Orakpo didn't look great, but Jason Peters was healthy, i.e. we have Trent Williams and sometimes a good left tackle will neutralize somebody. Not making excuses just saying that he will have his games and the last one was not one of them.

The line concerns me right now, they got annihilated, the whole no Carriker no Jenkins thing hurts bad, and Cofield is out there with a 20 lb. cast on his hand. Bowen looked bad I thought. We're gonna get run on from what I can tell unless things change a lot next game.

I agree that the DL played a poor game and there were times when Philly didn't just have a running lane, they had a 4 lane highway.

However, Rak played a bad game. He was such a non-factor that they flipped Jason Peters to right side to handle Kerrigan. I've never heard of a LT moving to RT because he was needed there more. Now I didn't notice it myself, but several people have reported that it happened.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:37 am

Dear God, give us a WIN. Coming off a loss, we have to read over reactive threads like these!!!!
SPIT HAPPENS!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:53 am

Jesus people. It was one game with an offense no one had seen on tape. Their offense was quite different than at Oregon. Keep in mind no one in the NFL had seen that kind of speed. Also keep in mind that the offense didn't allow the defense to get off the field basically the entire first half. Relax a little.

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:30 am

The Hogster wrote:Dear God, give us a WIN. Coming off a loss, we have to read over reactive threads like these!!!!

frankcal20 wrote:Jesus people. Relax a little.

I beg to differ, guys. Not two minutes ago I poked my head outside and - you guessed it -

...the sky's falling. FAST. Might outta put on a hardhat, if'n ya got one.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:29 am

Confirmed

I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:29 am

Rob will see the field in 3 weeks... Hope rak can prove he deserves the starting roll.. isn't this a contract year for our beloved giaco spokesman?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 am

Confirmed

I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football