Wait Until After The Bye??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:55 am

I know Griff had to knock off the rust eventually but did anyone else find themselves thinking something like "it's too bad cousins hurt his foot" during the game??
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:13 am

DarthMonk wrote:I know Griff had to knock off the rust eventually but did anyone else find themselves thinking something like "it's too bad cousins hurt his foot" during the game??

Not really. It would have been different if it was just RGIII who was struggling that game, but we had problems across the board. I'm not sure I ever felt like that game would turn right around if we just put Cousins in. lol.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:41 am

DarthMonk wrote:I know Griff had to knock off the rust eventually but did anyone else find themselves thinking something like "it's too bad cousins hurt his foot" during the game??

Is Cousins even still injured? He wasn't inactive, and had RGIII been hurt, would have been in the game. Better RGIII get the rust off now, than later, IMHO.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Ummm.... no.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Countertrey wrote:

Ummm.... no.

X 2 - the thought never occured to me either :lol:

RG3 was not great - we had many other issues than that ...

RG3 gives this offense a much better chance at success than either Kirk or Rex
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Yes. Glad I wasn't the only, either. I fully expected Griffin to score 55 points in the second half and was wondering who would come in to relieve him during mop up duty late in the fourth.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby luvrofthegame » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Ok I have a question, would this discussion even be going on if RG3 had 5 touch downs no INT's and 400 passing yards?? I mean you guys have to give him a break, when was the last time he was in an actual real game? It was even said that he barely got any snaps during TC if any at all plus no playing time in the preseason.
The guy is human, regardless of how he's portrayed in the media and it's going to take time for him to shake the rust off and by the 3rd quarter against the Eagles he was almost back to his old self, well as close to his old self as he can possibly get with a reconstructed knee.
"Winning isn't everything...it's the only thing."

Postby luvrofthegame » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Ok I have a question, would this discussion even be going on if RG3 had 5 touch downs no INT's and 400 passing yards?? I mean you guys have to give him a break, when was the last time he was in an actual real game? It was even said that he barely got any snaps during TC if any at all plus no playing time in the preseason.
The guy is human, regardless of how he's portrayed in the media and it's going to take time for him to shake the rust off and by the 3rd quarter against the Eagles he was almost back to his old self, well as close to his old self as he can possibly get with a reconstructed knee.
"Winning isn't everything...it's the only thing."

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:30 pm

luvrofthegame wrote:Ok I have a question, would this discussion even be going on if RG3 had 5 touch downs no INT's and 400 passing yards?? I mean you guys have to give him a break, when was the last time he was in an actual real game? It was even said that he barely got any snaps during TC if any at all plus no playing time in the preseason.

+1

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Is Cousins even still injured? He wasn't inactive, and had RGIII been hurt, would have been in the game. Better RGIII get the rust off now, than later, IMHO.

Cousins not still injured but did not play several quarters he otherwise would have in preseason due to injury.

Cousins was active.

I was worried about Griff on a few hits. There was one where he got flipped over and looked stressed just before the flip when contact made him plant very hard on the leg and, by extension, the knee. Then he went into the "on all fours" pose and that's when I started to worry a bit and that's when the thought crossed my mind. Cuz Cousins getting hurt a few weeks ago put more pressure on Mike (IMO) to start Griff week one.

This thought was all about possiblly waiting until the bye and how Cousins' foot injury may have affected that decision, not about Kirk's ability to come in as a sub aganst the Eags.

This gif is the play I'm mentioning. It starts a fraction late, just after the maximum hard plant of the right leg.

Ddi anyone else at least hold their breath on this one or a few others?

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:57 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Cousins not still injured but did not play several quarters he otherwise would have in preseason due to injury.

Cousins was active.

I was worried about Griff on a few hits. There was one where he got flipped over and looked stressed just before the flip when contact made him plant very hard on the leg and, by extension, the knee. Then he went into the "on all fours" pose and that's when I started to worry a bit and that's when the thought crossed my mind. Cuz Cousins getting hurt a few weeks ago put more pressure on Mike (IMO) to start Griff week one.

This thought was all about possiblly waiting until the bye and how Cousins' foot injury may have affected that decision, not about Kirk's ability to come in as a sub aganst the Eags.

This gif is the play I'm mentioning. It starts a fraction late, just after the maximum hard plant of the right leg.

Ddi anyone else at least hold their breath on this one or a few others?

Thanks for posting this! This was what I was referring to in my last comment.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:31 pm

luvrofthegame wrote:Ok I have a question, would this discussion even be going on if RG3 had 5 touch downs no INT's and 400 passing yards??

Of course not. We'd all be grinning from ear to ear and smack talking all the Eagle fans we work with.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football