Week 2 Game Thread: Showdown at the Frozen Tundra

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Worst safeties play I have seen in a looooooooong time.

Megatron will have a record book day next week.

Reggie Bush is licking his chops too.
They're given up over 150 yards to a back this week and two backs went over 100 last week
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Nick Novak nailed a 46 yard FG to lift the San Diego SuperChargers past the Iggles.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Chargers won.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Bills scored a TD with :02 left. Panthers lose. That might help us down the road.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Nick Novak nailed a 46 yard FG to lift the San Diego SuperChargers past the Iggles.

Beat me to it. Kansas City also with a win. Come on broncos. Help us at least keep pace in the division.
"Givin'em the Business!"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:17 pm

This just in... the pukes and Fecals lost to much worse teams the Gb... The world is not ending!

I'm good w taking a thumping early in the season and working to better the team.. losing to the chiefs as a favorite to win it all... THAT'S embarrassing!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:19 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:This just in... the pukes and Fecals lost to much worse teams the Gb... The world is not ending!

I'm good w taking a thumping early in the season and working to better the team.. losing to the chiefs as a favorite to win it all... THAT'S embarrassing!

schadenfreude

:D

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Bad day for grampi, cowturds and fecals both crap the bed!
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:23 pm

Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:If the offense can't operate with RGIII, don't play him. Him not being ready isn't going to magically turn the defense into something it isnt and no amount of hoping/wishing will change that.

I agree! I would rather see Cousins for the whole month of September. But at the moment our first quarter (first half?) defense cannot stop anyone . . .

Cousins didn't really look to good to me in that first half against the Browns.
Remember he has only played in a game and a half or so. Careful for what you wish for.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:If the offense can't operate with RGIII, don't play him. Him not being ready isn't going to magically turn the defense into something it isnt and no amount of hoping/wishing will change that.

I agree! I would rather see Cousins for the whole month of September. But at the moment our first quarter (first half?) defense cannot stop anyone . . .

Remember he has only played in a game and a half or so. Careful for what you wish for.

I don't think anyone is saying that Cousins is more talented than a HEALTHY RG3, only that while RG3 is still recovering and doesn't fully trust his knee, that a healthy Cousins might give the team the best chance to win. Also, RG3 is at an increased risk of re-injury to the knee or suffering a new injury if he's not entirely comfortable out there with his ability to be evasive and be mobile.
Last edited by absinthe1023 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:33 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:
Snout wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying that Cousins is more talented than a HEALTHY RG3, only that while RG3 is still recovering and doesn't fully trust his knee, that a healthy Cousins gives the team the best chance to win.

And I am trying to say a gimpy or recovering RG is better.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Well, neither one of our opinions matter since we're not making the decision. I just don't want to see RG3 reinjure the knee or suffer a new injury elsewhere while he's stumbling around out there trying to "play his way healthy" in front of live NFL defenses.

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:37 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:This just in... the pukes and Fecals lost to much worse teams the Gb... The world is not ending!

schadenfreude

:D
Chiefs could be good this year. Philly...NOW you lose?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Our team needs a lot of work. So far, they've proven to be undisciplined (waaaay too many 15 yard penalties), unable to make plays on offense or defense, is losing the turnover battle badly, and can't tackle. Special teams is doing us no favors; it seems both games the team is constantly on the losing end of where the offenses start.

Other than that, everything is great.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:14 pm

PulpExposure wrote:Our team needs a lot of work. So far, they've proven to be undisciplined (waaaay too many 15 yard penalties), unable to make plays on offense or defense, is losing the turnover battle badly, and can't tackle. Special teams is doing us no favors; it seems both games the team is constantly on the losing end of where the offenses start.

Other than that, everything is great.
Plus we won all our reply challenges :?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football