Redskins start 0 and 3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Redskins start 0 and 3

Postby SKINS#1 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Will the Redskins start the season 0 and 3? With the GB loss, the season isn't over but given the way the Redskins have looked in the first 2 games I haven't seen much hope for game 3. Sure hope they can get their act together but these 2 games are not a good sign.

piggie

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:51 pm

The Skins will go 0-3. That is my prediction

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Glad you two agree. Feel free to PM between yourselves about it all week.

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:55 pm

The team is back at square one...every aspect of it is broken...the O is horrible...they need to go back to using more of the pistol offense, without it nothing else works...if RG3 can't perform, there's no sense in piling up losses when you've got a QB as good as Cousins sitting on the bench...the D can't stop anything, unless they're holding, pass interfering, or doing something else that's drawing penalty flags, and they can't tackle...speaking of penalties, I think this team is shooting for an all time record....this team looks exactly like the unorganized, undisciplined disasters we've seen so much of over the last 2 decades...I thought we were over that crap, but apparently not...I can easily see this team going another 3 or 4 games without a win....

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:27 pm

3 or 4? Maybe Detroit, but if we lose (granted AT OAK) against Oakland...
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Some one needs to stock the tampon dispenser...
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:56 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Some one needs to stock the tampon dispenser...

...and someone needs to open their eyes....this team is very, very bad...

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:07 pm

grampi wrote:

Although I hate losing, I'm not blind. Crying about all the terrible things in this game (or life for that matter) isn't my style. I choose to see the silver linings, and even in this thrashing there was some.
Rgiii looks better, health wise, every quarter
His runs are less and he's playing safer
Pocket passing is getting better
His accuracy improves every quarter
Garçon is healthy
Morris is back to form
Hanktime is playing hungry

Sackpo and Kerrigan are able to get home
Our secondary can only get better Lmao
After the bye we will get jj and Rob Jackson back who can only.help the struggles we r seeing
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:30 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
grampi wrote:

Although I hate losing, I'm not blind. Crying about all the terrible things in this game (or life for that matter) isn't my style. I choose to see the silver linings, and even in this thrashing there was some.
Garçon is healthy
Morris is back to form

After the bye we will get jj and Rob Jackson back who can only.help the struggles we r seeing

Exactly. Lucky for us the rest of the division is struggling which will buy us some time to get our act together.

I'm looking forward to getting rob Jackson and jarvis Jenkins back in the mix. I think our pAss rush will get even better which will hopefully help our secondary. Rob Jackson is much better in coverage than orakpo. I can see more packages from haslett getting orakpo's hand in the dirt and let him rush the passer. My fingers remain crossed that we'll eventually get some good news re: Tanard Jackson soon.

The offense will start to gel. Be patient. They need to eliminate stupid penalties first and foremost. Nothing kills drives faster than holding penalties, false starts, etc.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby SkinsHead56 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:47 pm

The thing that sticks out most to me is the complete lack of tackling fundamentals from the D. Nothing but poor angles and lack of wrapping. Sickening. :puke:
In memorium Sean Taylor 1983-2007 R.I.P.

Long live the Legend of "Meast".

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Yah the team looks bad. The defense looks like a Pop Warner thing although that may be an insult to Pop Warner.

One thing we have to keep in mind and that is the Redskins are not playing for the Super Bowl right now, they are playing for the division and they are only one game behind the leaders. After watching today, there are no powerhouses in the NFC East. The Giants are also 0 - 2 and the other two are 1 - 1. All three teams have been blown away at least once in the first 2 games. The Redskins twice, but then so have the Giants.

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:53 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
grampi wrote:

Garçon is healthy
Morris is back to form

I think the main problem with the O is they aren't running RG3 at all...that was a HUGE part of this offense....defenses didn't know what was coming...now they now exactly what's coming and it's killing our O....yes they need to be smarter as far as making him less susceptible to injury, but to not let him run at all, well they might as well just shut down the offense....

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:30 am

RGIII clearly isn't moving with his explosive speed, but he is still, today, faster than most qbs. his accuracy is improving visibly. first game, he was missing the tire. first half today he was hitting the tire. toward the end, he put a few through the hole in the middle. his speed on his feet seemed improved as well.
In a sense, I can see the Shannaclan almost treating todays game like a preseason. They worked the run game nicely in the second half, though they should have been throwing probably.
I am not in panic mode. This team already knows how to run the table after the bye

Mmmm, that's some tasty kool-aid :P
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:53 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Glad you two agree. Feel free to PM between yourselves about it all week.
:D

thats cheered me up

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:04 am

Just a few thing that I feel are holding the offense back...

RGIII's health - I'm assuming that a lack of health/confidence are partly to blame for his inaccuracy.

Offensive Line - They are NOT built to drop back and pass. They were built with a dual threat QB in mind. Which leads me to my next point.

Robert's desire to be a pocket passer - Great goal but now isn't the time to learn it. It wouldn't be too bad if he knew how to slide and be mobile within the pocket. His feet are in cement it seems. His ability to move and run provided greatly helps an otherwise porous offensive line.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football