Postgame thread: Nothing to get worked up over

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:RGIII is clearly not confident on his knee. That was obvious when he would come up from a hit holding it ---- even when not being hit on that knee.

When did you see that? I don't remember that ever happening even once. If it had, I would have been going nuts with worry. His problem was his footwork. He wasn't planting and following through on his throws. That is a sign that he's not 100% confident in the knee, but not a sign that there was any pain there.

Actually I noticed the same thing. I'm sure there's a youtube video showing this by now, but especially after that "back flip sack"; the one where he landed on his shoulder blades, flung all the way around and landed on both knees. He was in a lot of pain and started limping. Camera cut to Dr. Andrews who did some sort of "come here" gesture, then the shot went back to RG3 limping and hold up the "OK" sign. None the less, his face was in obvious pain...scared the sh!t out of me!!

Anyway, a couple plays later I didn't notice pain at all. However, he was looking down at his knee a lot; to me it seemed, he was distracted with "how's my knee feeling right now?" Then again, I could just be looking into it way too much...we've all become a bit OCD in RG3's knee health.

Point being, he was sore and mentally distracted by it (to me at least).

I think he'll be just fine. Even Robert said his knee had some typical soreness after the game. Because of how he came back the second half and didn't seem as preoccupied with his knee, my belief is that he was dealing with soreness, not injury. Should be expected really. So far, nothing to worry about.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:00 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:RGIII is clearly not confident on his knee. That was obvious when he would come up from a hit holding it ---- even when not being hit on that knee.

When did you see that? I don't remember that ever happening even once. If it had, I would have been going nuts with worry. His problem was his footwork. He wasn't planting and following through on his throws. That is a sign that he's not 100% confident in the knee, but not a sign that there was any pain there.

The omly time I remeber it was right before the half. He was drill (clean hit) in the chest and there was no impact to his legs yet he got up really slow and limped around for a while.

Now he may have had a hip pointer or twisted his back causing a limp, but he was seriouly limping around. Then the Skins just drained the clock down w/o running another play.

I saw that too, but didn't ever see him holding the knee.

That was the play. From what I remember, he was hit, got up limped a little, then grabbed his knee for one or two steps --- just to make sure it was okay. I consider that "holding" --- anything longer than a touch. After he saw it was okay --- the limp went away. IMHO (and coming from someone that has torn his ACL), it was an instinctual limp --- which shows he is not confident on the knee just yet -- or that is has fully healed (at least mentally).

No matter how you look at it ---- he's not confident or even ready to play. You could see it in both games. If this continues, it could affect his mechanics for years to come --- if he gets used to the way he is throwing now. Something needs to be done sooner rather than later --- and I don't mean benching him (although if this continues, that needs to be examined).
Last edited by markshark84 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:17 pm

I think there might be a lot of adjusting of the knee brace going on. I'm sure if the brace is not aligned properly that it would negatively affect his gait, looking like a limp.

Also, despite them saying it doesn't hinder his speed, I would imagine wearing a knee brace does make one a little slower than usual.

Then again, I'm watching on a grainy feed, so I dunno.
Last edited by DaveD1420 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Deadskins wrote:

I saw it. It's in his head, regardless of what he says.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

He wasn't holding his knee... he was adjusting a broken knee brace. He played a couple of series with what he called a bent and broken knee brace.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:36 pm

1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

He wasn't holding his knee... he was adjusting a broken knee brace. He played a couple of series with what he called a bent and broken knee brace.

I saw him clutching his knee against the Eagles. I saw the broken brace yesterday. I stand corrected as it pertains to the Packers game.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

cleg

Postby cleg » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I saw him clutching his knee against the Eagles. I saw the broken brace yesterday. I stand corrected as it pertains to the Packers game.
He was def doing it after every hit in both games. Normal I would think - he may do it forever.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football