Bacarri Rambo

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3159
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:57 am

Let's revisit this thread in six or eight weeks. Rambo is going to be a good one.

ch1
Posts: 3630
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:01 pm
Location: virginia beach

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:34 am

mastdark81 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I thought Rambo played pretty well. His tackling and angles are about 1,000% better than they were in the preseason, so I don't mind him staying in and improving on that.

He's a 6th round pick with all of the rough edges you'd expect with that. Still, he's probably better than our alternatives — yes, even Doughty — in my humble opinion.

Can't wait to see if we can finally get Merriweather in there for more than a dozen plays. :|


You were watching the Eagles game? I mean maybe he played well back there in coverage but continued from his preseason woes to miss tackles and just not play aggressive enough. I think he will be better than Doughty in due time but not now...curious to why you think he is better at this point with Doughty's experience and knowledge of the defense.


Rambo made ten tackles in the Eagle game. How many do you claim he missed? Funny, I don't remember more than a couple. What I remember are the tons of tackles missed by our front seven.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:12 am
Location: Hemet CA

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:48 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:Yrs, this post does add something to this discussion. Of you remember correctly you will remember that Sean want sgood good tracker tracker his his first couple of years and he would get beat in coverage at times too. It wasn't until his last couple of seasons that ST became the player most of us remember.
Many of the falls people are accusing Rambo of having we're some of the same traits Taylor had his first couple of seasons. Now I'm nit saying Rambo well be the next ST or even half the player Sean was, but what I am saying is Sean was ruff abound the edges his first couple of seasons and became a player that would have been a Hof player had he not tragically been killed.


I understand every player goes through a learning curve. The NFL must be incredibly challenging even for the hardest-working, most gifted athletes there are...HOWEVER, in my humble, inexpert opinion, the eye test tells me that even should he eventually max out his ability, Baccari Rambo would probably still be a Chrysler to ST's Lexus.

But that's nothing to be ashamed of; as I said in my earlier post, that description applies to 75-80% of all the other safeties as well. I am still struck by how much the players have evolved from a mere 3 decades ago. One of my favorite all-time 'Skins is Alvin Walton, an undersized, not particularly fast but deadly hitter who for me is one of the core Gibbs 1.0 blue-collar, never-say-die players. Even in his day AW was smallish, but the biggest FS of that era was Steve Atwater at 225 lbs. He was thought of almost as an OLB in the secondary, he was so big. ST was, what - 235 at least, and faster than Atwater.

And we all know how well he used that mass/speed combo. Ronnie Lott to the 3rd power...but I digress. We'll never know, but it's very probable ST would have made his full career into a first-ballot HOF ticket - and IIRC there isn't another Redskins S who has even come close to that level of sustained excellence. There may never be another, for that matter. Once in a generation talent is, by it's very definition...you know the rest. Rambo's not it. But maybe he comes close to a Brad Edwards, or a Mark Murphy?

Which would be pretty cool with me.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:50 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I thought Rambo played pretty well. His tackling and angles are about 1,000% better than they were in the preseason, so I don't mind him staying in and improving on that.

He's a 6th round pick with all of the rough edges you'd expect with that. Still, he's probably better than our alternatives — yes, even Doughty — in my humble opinion.

Can't wait to see if we can finally get Merriweather in there for more than a dozen plays. :|


You were watching the Eagles game? I mean maybe he played well back there in coverage but continued from his preseason woes to miss tackles and just not play aggressive enough. I think he will be better than Doughty in due time but not now...curious to why you think he is better at this point with Doughty's experience and knowledge of the defense.


Rambo made ten tackles in the Eagle game. How many do you claim he missed? Funny, I don't remember more than a couple. What I remember are the tons of tackles missed by our front seven.

There was one play in particular that made Rambo look like a high-schooler out there. He came up to face McCoy at the LOS and started tap dancing, and McCoy just ran right around him. It was really ugly.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ch1
Posts: 3630
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:01 pm
Location: virginia beach

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:36 am

Deadskins wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I thought Rambo played pretty well. His tackling and angles are about 1,000% better than they were in the preseason, so I don't mind him staying in and improving on that.

He's a 6th round pick with all of the rough edges you'd expect with that. Still, he's probably better than our alternatives — yes, even Doughty — in my humble opinion.

Can't wait to see if we can finally get Merriweather in there for more than a dozen plays. :|


You were watching the Eagles game? I mean maybe he played well back there in coverage but continued from his preseason woes to miss tackles and just not play aggressive enough. I think he will be better than Doughty in due time but not now...curious to why you think he is better at this point with Doughty's experience and knowledge of the defense.


Rambo made ten tackles in the Eagle game. How many do you claim he missed? Funny, I don't remember more than a couple. What I remember are the tons of tackles missed by our front seven.

There was one play in particular that made Rambo look like a high-schooler out there. He came up to face McCoy at the LOS and started tap dancing, and McCoy just ran right around him. It was really ugly.


The same thing seemed to be happening time after time to most of the front seven. Why pick on Rambo, who made ten tackles and played well in coverage. In fact, this pointing fingers at Rambo is starting to make me angry. Someone has even compared him unfavorably with Sean Taylor, which is way beyond absurd and deep into stupid. I have no connection with Rambo at all and am no fan of his, but I can't stand a guy getting a bad rap.
If you harp on a bad play or two and don't mention a slew of good ones, you are giving a guy a bed rap and your opinion is worthless.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:12 am
Location: Hemet CA

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:52 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:Someone has even compared him unfavorably with Sean Taylor, which is way beyond absurd and deep into stupid.


Ehh. You say deep into stupid, I say making conversation while waxing nostalgic.

'Sides, 99% of what I say is stupid. The other 1% I just don't know what I'm talking about. Take it easy, big guy, It's just chatter, can't harm anyone...
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:40 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I thought Rambo played pretty well. His tackling and angles are about 1,000% better than they were in the preseason, so I don't mind him staying in and improving on that.

He's a 6th round pick with all of the rough edges you'd expect with that. Still, he's probably better than our alternatives — yes, even Doughty — in my humble opinion.

Can't wait to see if we can finally get Merriweather in there for more than a dozen plays. :|


You were watching the Eagles game? I mean maybe he played well back there in coverage but continued from his preseason woes to miss tackles and just not play aggressive enough. I think he will be better than Doughty in due time but not now...curious to why you think he is better at this point with Doughty's experience and knowledge of the defense.


Rambo made ten tackles in the Eagle game. How many do you claim he missed? Funny, I don't remember more than a couple. What I remember are the tons of tackles missed by our front seven.

There was one play in particular that made Rambo look like a high-schooler out there. He came up to face McCoy at the LOS and started tap dancing, and McCoy just ran right around him. It was really ugly.


The same thing seemed to be happening time after time to most of the front seven. Why pick on Rambo, who made ten tackles and played well in coverage. In fact, this pointing fingers at Rambo is starting to make me angry. Someone has even compared him unfavorably with Sean Taylor, which is way beyond absurd and deep into stupid. I have no connection with Rambo at all and am no fan of his, but I can't stand a guy getting a bad rap.
If you harp on a bad play or two and don't mention a slew of good ones, you are giving a guy a bed rap and your opinion is worthless.

No, the same thing did not happen to the front seven. Yes, there were plenty of arm tackles attempted by the front seven, but that's not even near the same thing. And I'm not down on Rambo at all. In fact, I started him in my fantasy league, and he had a great game, statistically. I was merely commenting on that one play that was really ugly. If I had been picking on him, I would have commented on the TD he gave up when he tried to tackle by throwing his shoulder in there, or when he was nowhere to be seen on the Smeagols first score.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:12 am
Location: Hemet CA

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:14 pm

I'm curious as to how many more drafts and/or trades/FA/waiver pickups it's going to take for the Skins to finally field a secondary that doesn't routinely get torched like So Cal forests every summer and fall. It appears they've failed to fix this gaping hole in their D every way a team can. Maybe they should draw names out of a hat, or put 'em on a dart board, or....??

Because, this B******T is getting hard to watch. How's that for beyond absurd? Not that I care about those who would remonstrate with and ultimately scold me for voicing (what they see as) inanities. Even a tiny little bit.


EDIT: And JUST as I'm about to jump off the bridge, I read a few of Grampi's pearls and recall something I said VERY RECENTLY, to wit:

"for the first time in yadda yadda yadda...I feel the Skins can WIN blah blah blah....and this is THE year gush gush gush..."

And it hits me: 1)Thank you Jesus that I'm not THAT guy, who has to be miserable to think he's happy, and 2)next time I'm gonna get all happy and make a RIDONKULOUS claim before even one game has been played....shut up. Wait. Shut up.

And wait some more.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

CKRGiii
Posts: 4201
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Amerson got torched today.. rookies learning the trade, anyone who expected them to shut down monster offenses out the gates was #trippin
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:18 am

- Rambo was available in the 6th for a reason. This isn't a slight against him.

- He was selected by a team that was desperate and put into a position he wouldn't be in normally.

- The Redskins need to push to get Tanard Jackson back ASAP. JUST to evaluate the possibility of his return.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: VA

Postby rcjur » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Both Rambo and Doughty SUCK! They both should be cut. Redskins should of drafted DJ Swearinger when they had the chance. Rambo is and will not ever be an NFL Safety and the Skins are stupid to have cut Gomes and kept Doughty. Doughty should have been cut last season.

newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: VA

Postby rcjur » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Laron Landry should of still been on the team. At least half of our safety problem would be okay. Stupid skins.

Pushing Paper
Posts: 4591
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:57 pm

rcjur wrote:Laron Landry should of still been on the team. At least half of our safety problem would be okay. Stupid skins.


He couldn't stay healthy for the team. How can you say he would have solved half the problem when he didn't even in the rare occurrence when he was healthy?

|||
Posts: 4307
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:14 am

rcjur wrote:Both Rambo and Doughty SUCK! They both should be cut. Redskins should of drafted DJ Swearinger when they had the chance. Rambo is and will not ever be an NFL Safety and the Skins are stupid to have cut Gomes and kept Doughty. Doughty should have been cut last season.


They are not bad players. I expect to see improvement this upcoming week against the Lions. We have to remember Aaron Rodgers is one of the best if not the best QBs in the league.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:37 am

rcjur wrote:Laron Landry should of still been on the team. At least half of our safety problem would be okay. Stupid skins.

Because the ONE thing we're lacking right now is somebody to crassly celebrate chopping down opposing run backs for 15 yard gains and a first down?
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football