So will Hankerson breakout now?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

So will Hankerson breakout now?

Postby paulg002 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Rotoworld is implying Hankerson will be the true #2 wideout when WAS needs to seriously throw the ball, not Morgan. Is that true? Should I start him on fantasy football? He got 20 points yesterday in standard leagues.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:15 pm

I like him.. his first year was cut short and he did well last year. The rotation we hve would prevent me from starting him in ff...his hands are improving but rgiii is good at spreading the ball around.
I'm fairly new to fantasy so take my input w a grain of salt
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:17 pm

As a Skins fan, not a fantasy player, Hankerson is NOT reliable. He catches a TD then drops a first down catch late in the game. If he's not consistent then the Skins might have to sit him. Very frustrating.

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:46 pm

fredp45 wrote:As a Skins fan, not a fantasy player, Hankerson is NOT reliable. He catches a TD then drops a first down catch late in the game. If he's not consistent then the Skins might have to sit him. Very frustrating.

The only sure players with hands on this team is Logan Paulsen, other than that every WR/TE has had his share of drops and have questionable hands. I recall Pierre dropping alot of passes last year as well, however he made up for it with his big plays....same with Moss.

Given the opportunity he will be fine. He's improved every year and is starting to make big plays so thats all you can ask for. Every receiver in the league is going to drop passes every so often.

Yall act like he have a 50% drop ratio or something.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Personally I really like Hankerson. I think he should take over at no.2 but I am not the coach. Cannot predict who Shanahan will play. But I do know Shanahan has said after the first game that he is impressed with Hankerson and thinks he should get more playing time.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Hank has been improving and you don't really even need to look hard to notice it.

He's inconsistent, but more consistent than ever. He has all the tools and physicality to be a major threat in our offense; its all in what Hank decides to do with Hank. If he continues improving, he may very well be a great one.

Postby rcjur » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:50 pm

The better 2nd WR on this roster unfortunantly is on IR. His name is Dezmon Briscoe. Hopefully next season the Skins will be smart enough to have Garcon, Briscoe and Robinson as their top WR's along with Reed and Paulson as the TE's and trade Davis for a pick. Morgan should be released next season and Moss too. Both actually should of been on the bench this season. As for Hankerson he is what he is and should be included next season with Garcon, Briscoe and Robinson but not as a #2 WR. Do you hear that Mr. Shanahan!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:10 pm

rcjur wrote:The better 2nd WR on this roster unfortunantly is on IR. His name is Dezmon Briscoe. Hopefully next season the Skins will be smart enough to have Garcon, Briscoe and Robinson as their top WR's along with Reed and Paulson as the TE's and trade Davis for a pick. Morgan should be released next season and Moss too. Both actually should of been on the bench this season. As for Hankerson he is what he is and should be included next season with Garcon, Briscoe and Robinson but not as a #2 WR. Do you hear that Mr. Shanahan!!

Easy there...

From your other posts you're pretty much wanting to replace the entire team. That won't help any; too many players to learn a new scheme. We did this years back when we had Reggie White, Dion Sanders, etc. It was a disaster.

Moss is the most reliable WR on the team. I hope he stays for at least one last season. Robinson is the most unreliable on the team which is extremely frustrating because of his speed.

Morgan is a major block contributor to our run game. He also fights well for YAC.

Patience. We need to develop another WR to replace Moss (which will take a couple years), and develop DBs to replace one player at a time (which could take years too).

Not sure what happened to Fred Davis, but he suddenly stopped becoming a threat. If no one wanted to sign him when he was a free agent, they aren't going to trade picks for him.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:46 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:We did this years back when we had Reggie White

When was that again?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:54 am

Reggie White? Wow I think we all would have noticed that guy on our squad. LOL!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:38 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Reggie White? Wow I think we all would have noticed that guy on our squad. LOL!
I remember it... he was in our backfield constantly... you know... "protecting" our quarterback...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Deadskins wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:We did this years back when we had Reggie White

When was that again?

My bad, for some reason I remembered us signing him when we signed all those over the hill stars that didn't pan out. I have to be getting him mixed up with someone else. Its going to drive me nuts till I figure it out now LOL

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Right now, I would play Hank over Morgan.....unless Morgan earns his pay by being a blocking WR. Morgan caused that INT vs the Pack....and he has been less than stellar IMHO.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:44 pm

rcjur wrote:The better 2nd WR on this roster unfortunantly is on IR. His name is Dezmon Briscoe. Hopefully next season the Skins will be smart enough to have Garcon, Briscoe and Robinson as their top WR's along with Reed and Paulson as the TE's and trade Davis for a pick. Morgan should be released next season and Moss too. Both actually should of been on the bench this season. As for Hankerson he is what he is and should be included next season with Garcon, Briscoe and Robinson but not as a #2 WR. Do you hear that Mr. Shanahan!!

Briscoe is almost worthless and your views a tad eccentric. We probably can't trade Davis for a high pick and Moss is still a fine player, as he was last year. He is also not injury prone. Paulson is not a pass receiver, as we all know and Morgan's looking better. Hankerson has already scored twice this season and looks greatly improved. Our top receivers should be Garcon, Moss, Henderson, and Reed. Davis and Morgan should be backup, and Briscoe should be on the practice squad.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote: Briscoe is almost worthless and your views a tad eccentric. We probably can't trade Davis for a high pick and Moss is still a fine player, as he was last year. He is also not injury prone. Paulson is not a pass receiver, as we all know and Morgan's looking better. Hankerson has already scored twice this season and looks greatly improved. Our top receivers should be Garcon, Moss, Henderson, and Reed. Davis and Morgan should be backup, and Briscoe should be on the practice squad.

"a tad eccentric"... ROTFALMAO understated... yet, pointed... best CH post in years.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football