We are like a circus show right now

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:47 pm
Location: Dallas, Tx

We are like a circus show right now

Postby funsho2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:15 pm

I like rg3 but he is eating an humble pie right now.....

Dude was preaching operation patience....yet we now found that he isn't ready.....

Doing the espn documentary about his rehab.....that was too much media exposure ....

He should learn from russell wilson and andrew luck.....they dont crave the media attention that rg3 wants....and then fall flat

rg3 is learning right now how the media hypes you up and tears you down.....

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:29 am
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: We are like a circus show right now

Postby SKINS#1 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:31 pm

funsho2 wrote:I like rg3 but he is eating an humble pie right now.....

Dude was preaching operation patience....yet we now found that he isn't ready.....

Doing the espn documentary about his rehab.....that was too much media exposure ....

He should learn from russell wilson and andrew luck.....they dont crave the media attention that rg3 wants....and then fall flat

rg3 is learning right now how the media hypes you up and tears you down.....


Well stated. :)

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13492
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:14 pm

seems like an apt thread title for you both ...

have fun :twisted:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:44 am
Location: Italy

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:21 am

I have to agree.. I think he bought into his own hype alittle this offseason.. truly hope we has been humbled by these 1st couple of weeks

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:21 am

How do you not buy into your own hype when EVERYONE on planet Earth won't stop singing your praises? I don't blame Bob for buying the hype, I blame the people who wouldn't shut up about him.

FanFromAnnapolis
Online
Posts: 11086
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:05 am

I don't think RGIII bought into the hype. The WP writing article after article on him doesn't count as RGIII buying the hype. Deciding not to meet with McNabb doesn't count as buying the hype. Working harder than ever to come back does not count as buying into the hype.

If anyone can show me an actual quote of RGIII's that betrays him buying into the hype, then this is a discussion we could have. Until then, I'm not buying it.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge
Posts: 14683
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:28 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I don't think RGIII bought into the hype. The WP writing article after article on him doesn't count as RGIII buying the hype. Deciding not to meet with McNabb doesn't count as buying the hype. Working harder than ever to come back does not count as buying into the hype.

If anyone can show me an actual quote of RGIII's that betrays him buying into the hype, then this is a discussion we could have. Until then, I'm not buying it.
come on, man!
Facts are not required...

1: There is hype
2: RG3 is smiling
ipso facto... he has bought into the hype. Jeze, Bru... it's so easy... how can you not see it???? :twisted:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:30 am

That whole "operation patience complete" nonsense added some fuel to the idiots fire.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:44 am
Location: Italy

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:53 am

there is never going to be a quote from RG3 saying I have bought into the hype .. but its fairly obivous IMO

I do realize that the media has most if not everything to do with his over exposure this offseason , but you are telling me the media wasnt doing the same with Wilson, Luck etc.. and we barely saw anything on them..at some point it comes down to the player wanting that attention or not

Griffin fueled that fire willingly and if you dont want to admit that its fine. He is a great player and I am huge fan of his who wishes nothing but the best for him .. howeverI feel that he has forced the issue with returning to start week 1 selfishly and is potentially hurting the the team in the process while he feels his way out.. obivously there is no way of telling if Cousins would do any better had we done something like PUP listed RG3 and Im not calling for Cousins to start but I do feel that RG3 has become alittle arrogant..

This is ALL strictly MY OPINION and I have no facts to back up anything other then what I have seen and the assesment I have made and I know I am not alone in my thoughts ..but I also know there are plently of you who completely disagree with me

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:11 am

everydayAskinsday wrote:there is never going to be a quote from RG3 saying I have bought into the hype .. but its fairly obivous IMO

I do realize that the media has most if not everything to do with his over exposure this offseason , but you are telling me the media wasnt doing the same with Wilson, Luck etc.. and we barely saw anything on them..at some point it comes down to the player wanting that attention or not

Griffin fueled that fire willingly and if you dont want to admit that its fine. He is a great player and I am huge fan of his who wishes nothing but the best for him .. howeverI feel that he has forced the issue with returning to start week 1 selfishly and is potentially hurting the the team in the process while he feels his way out.. obivously there is no way of telling if Cousins would do any better had we done something like PUP listed RG3 and Im not calling for Cousins to start but I do feel that RG3 has become alittle arrogant..

This is ALL strictly MY OPINION and I have no facts to back up anything other then what I have seen and the assesment I have made and I know I am not alone in my thoughts ..but I also know there are plently of you who completely disagree with me

I agree with some of this. I cannot stand the fact that there are fans who think its sacrelige to criticize Griffin or think that he bought into his own hype, a hint of arrogance, etc. But then again it is his 2nd year. If it continues all year, then I could see more of an uproar but we're only going into the 3rd week. With that being said, Griffin doing this whole "operation patience" and "all in for week 1" is undoubtedly going to draw criticism. You can't say you're 100% and then come out and play the way he did for two weeks. No way is he 100%.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4835
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:20 am

I could really care less whether RGIII enjoys the spotlight or whether he is eating humble pie now or not. He can go out and make "RGIII: Superstar: The Movie" next summer for all I care. I just want the team to get back to winning. We're not losing because RGIII wore an "operation patience" t-shirt.

IMO He's the same guy we all loved last year. The only difference is that he's coming off a serious knee injury and can't make up for our woeful offensive line and defense problems like he did last year. It might not happen quick enough for some "fans", but RGIII will be fine.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13492
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:41 am

It is not sacrilege to criticize RG3 ... or any player or coach - you just need to back it up ...

there is ZERO evidence that RG3 has bought into the hype - please let us know why we should accept this opinion


I think that this is simply a case that RG3 is not completely ready to play ... or ... he is not completely in phase with the offensive game plan ...
this will pass soon - this kid is a really good NFL player

we have some issues but the season is early and I'm not buying into the theories about RG3 "buying into the hype" - not at all :roll:


I do not agree that it might have been better to start Cousins - RG3 needs all the time he can get ... unless he is not able to play - he may be rusty - he will not get rid of that by sitting
The Dr and Mike think that he's 'ready to play' - that's good enough for me - let him get his game back in shape by playing him not sitting him
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:44 am
Location: Italy

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:57 am

riggofan wrote:I could really care less whether RGIII enjoys the spotlight or whether he is eating humble pie now or not. He can go out and make "RGIII: Superstar: The Movie" next summer for all I care. I just want the team to get back to winning. We're not losing because RGIII wore an "operation patience" t-shirt.

IMO He's the same guy we all loved last year. The only difference is that he's coming off a serious knee injury and can't make up for our woeful offensive line and defense problems like he did last year. It might not happen quick enough for some "fans", but RGIII will be fine.


to say anyone is only a "fan" because they might have a different opinion then you on RG3 is beyond absurd..

No one is saying we are losing because of any t-shirts RG3 has worn.. its people opinions just like yours. It is ok for us to see differently on issues but yet still be just as big a fan as the next guy :roll:

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:44 am
Location: Italy

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:07 pm

SkinsJock wrote:It is not sacrilege to criticize RG3 ... or any player or coach - you just need to back it up ...

there is ZERO evidence that RG3 has bought into the hype - please let us know why we should accept this opinion


I think that this is simply a case that RG3 is not completely ready to play ... or ... he is not completely in phase with the offensive game plan ...
this will pass soon - this kid is a really good NFL player

we have some issues but the season is early and I'm not buying into the theories about RG3 "buying into the hype" - not at all :roll:


I do not agree that it might have been better to start Cousins - RG3 needs all the time he can get ... unless he is not able to play - he may be rusty - he will not get rid of that by sitting
The Dr and Mike think that he's 'ready to play' - that's good enough for me - let him get his game back in shape by playing him not sitting him


how can you prove if anyone has bought into the hype? there is no way of doing such a thing and its a weak attempt to make your point

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

Postby DaveD1420 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:17 pm

I wouldn't mind a little circus right now, as long as it's on the field. Everything we run seems totally vanilla and predictable Let's mix it up a little. The circus that was all of last year was fun to watch.

I'd love to see Jordan Reed air it out (remember, he started out as a QB with the Gators).

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football