Week 2 @ Green Bay Postgame

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:16 pm

grampi wrote:Our O obviously has problems, but NO team is going to get many wins when their D keeps giving up 30 points in the 1st half alone...

NOBODY - coaches or players - have done very well ... there is a lot of room for improvement ...

I think it begins this Sunday ... :lol:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:26 am

SkinsJock wrote:
grampi wrote:Our O obviously has problems, but NO team is going to get many wins when their D keeps giving up 30 points in the 1st half alone...

NOBODY - coaches or players - have done very well ... there is a lot of room for improvement ...

I think it begins this Sunday ... :lol:

SJ,
Usually I think you're way too optimistic, even comically optimistic sometimes, but you are right on point here.

The thing that concerns me the most is this defense was 2nd in the NFL last year against the run and right now we are DEAD LAST and by a WIDE margin. I don't expect that trend to continue. I don't know if they will ever improve that much in pass defeense, but they will improve dramatically against the run.
Some of the run defense problems have been on the players (missed tackles, being out of possition, and letting the other guy win) but the scheme has been part of the problem too. No one can convince me that playing one or two down lineman will ever be effective against the run.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football